2nd and 15 draw in Overtime

WEATHER DOT COM

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let’s run the ball behind our worst offensive lineman towards their best defensive lineman.  

I hope someone asks Dorsey that specific question.  

Seemed to be the premise of at least half of the run plays called. Very peculiar. 

The talk however will be more Josh’s decision making over Dorsey’s play calling. 

For as awful as Dorsey was Stefon Diggs was wide open on a crosser on the interception throw to Davis.  And there were at least 8 yards of open running room on the interception throw to Hardy.

There are times when this just doesn’t look like an NFL offense.  I remember during Josh‘s peak with Daboll he would drop back his back foot would hit and boom the ball would be out to Beasley or Diggs.  Then when all the chips were down he’d roll out and make a crazy magical toss to Davis.  It seems like that’s all we rely on now.  Just magic and we run out of it every game 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its over man.  The thing they had is gone.

Not sure that's true, and even if it is, it doesn't mean we can't get it back with a reset.

Having said, if you think this team is capable of winning a Super Bowl this year....well....

1 hour ago, Chugga said:

For as awful as Dorsey was Stefon Diggs was wide open on a crosser on the interception throw to Davis.  And there were at least 8 yards of open running room on the interception throw to Hardy.

There are times when this just doesn’t look like an NFL offense.  I remember during Josh‘s peak with Daboll he would drop back his back foot would hit and boom the ball would be out to Beasley or Diggs.  Then when all the chips were down he’d roll out and make a crazy magical toss to Davis.  It seems like that’s all we rely on now.  Just magic and we run out of it every game 

Josh just doesn't have the same confidence or tempo with Dorsey.  Ken is a mess and has to go asap if for no other reason than he fails to get through to Allen.

2 hours ago, Chugga said:

For everything that happened tonight to me this is the call that is the icing on the cake

Mine was easily the 3rd INT with Kincade wide open in front of Davis and in front of the sticks. Convert unseat of turning it over and everything changes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Mine was easily the 3rd INT with Kincade wide open in front of Davis and in front of the sticks. Convert unseat of turning it over and everything changes.

Yep.  Even if we only get one more first down and punt, I'm convinced we win that game.  That final pick really flipped the momentum and gave the Jets the field position they needed.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh advised the reasoning for the run call in is post game interview. McDermott talked about it too in his. The Jets (potentially best D in the game) were in a 2 high shell and the run call was to get the team into 3rd and manageable and "steal some yards" with a run call. (you don't want to be totally behind the sticks on 3rd down vs a team like that. Its sound logic, from a football coaching perspective, despite what many of you think, especially against a great D. Just didn't make a guy miss on the carry.

Don't look to hard tonight for other "reasons" for the loss beyond Josh making 3 really bad decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

He had Diggs blowing by Mosley on a crosser there too.

Two open guys directly in his field of vision. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I actually don't put tonight on dorsey at all. That draw call was AWFUL but as for the whole night, he can't make josh see the field. 2 of joshs picks the TEs were wide open. Dorsey established a run game tonight. Josh had open recievers, he bailed out of the pocket instantly all night. 3 HORRIBLE picks, and HORRIBLE fumble had nothing to do with dorsey tonight.

Another good playcall was that pass to James Cook, IF Allen leads his pass just a little bit, its a TD

What about the play call with 10 secs left in regulation? They had no TOs. There was no play. Allen just dropped back and winged it to the sideline. Absolutely nothing good could have come from it. Only bad could have come from it. A fumble, and interception, a sack, a completed pass in bounds that runs out the clock. WTF was the point of running that play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

He had Diggs blowing by Mosley on a crosser there too.

Two open guys directly in his field of vision. :doh:

As somebody who watches the A22 weekly, so often this is the case. Even when he threads the needle. It leaves us so vulnerable so often to boom or bust games.

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Gotta stay positive. There are some good things the Bills did today. I’m actually looking forward to next week. Keep that chin up. It’s a long season. 👍 

Dalton Kincaid is already better than Dawson Knox.  That’s good, I guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.