Elon Musk, War puppeteer

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s not going to start a nuclear war. Relax.

Jesus, John, watch a Schwarzenegger movie once in a while.  This is EXACTLY how it happens. 

Btw, I’m not sure how I feel about all this, but feel like I understand why Musk took the position he did.  On the other hand, why is Zelensky not trashing the US Response as being insufficient to assist his country?  If it’s truly about turning the tide of war and saving his country, why not take his case for the US and other allies to get involved here?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Jesus, John, watch a Schwarzenegger movie once in a while.  This is EXACTLY how it happens. 

Btw, I’m not sure how I feel about all this, but feel like I understand why Musk took the position he did.  On the other hand, why is Zelensky not trashing the US Response as being insufficient to assist his country?  If it’s truly about turning the tide of war and saving his country, why not take his case for the US and other allies to get involved here?  

It’s a unlikely is getting too much help from the US to start dishing on them now

I think my whole problem with that is, if musk is against it, tell the military that he is against it. Don’t wait for an action to happen and then destroy very expensive equipment so that they don’t hit the Russians who I am not going to say he is in the lead with, but he certainly help them that day.

by the way, the US getting directly involved in the conflict is one of the things that could start a nuclear war right now we are just providing them assets direct involvement would change things

Edited by John from Riverside

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s a unlikely is getting too much help from the US to start dishing on them now

I think my whole problem with that is, if musk is against it, tell the military that he is against it. Don’t wait for an action to happen and then destroy very expensive equipment so that they don’t hit the Russians who I am not going to say he is in the lead with, but he certainly help them that day.

by the way, the US getting directly involved in the conflict is one of the things that could start a nuclear war right now we are just providing them assets direct involvement would change things

He told them and they already knew a) it wasn't mean for military purposes and b) it didn't extend into Crimea.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Reminder Thread Title is false. 

I get that they're trying to portray Musk as pro-Russia, but he said from the start that Starlink isn't meant for the military to target drones.

So wait.  They're not using Starlink to coordinate missile attacks or troop movements that would be considered offensive military action?   We're they doing those by morse code or walkie talkie?  Why the carve out for drones.  This nonsense is what the SpaceX's COO said in 2022 apparently in regards to this incident:

And no one should be surprised that SpaceX was wielded like a weapon in this way, either. Gwynne Shotwell, SpaceX's chief operating officer and president, told CNBC's Michael Sheetz in 2022 that SpaceX was "really pleased to be able to provide Ukraine connectivity and help them in their fight for freedom."

That sentiment was immediately undermined, however, when she waffled nonsensically, seemingly oblivious to how freedom is won in warfare. In her caveats, she noted reports of Ukrainian soldiers using Starlink "for drones" in March 2022, and said their use "for the military is fine, but our intent was never to have them use it for offensive purposes." 

How does Eric Pistey know the terms of service when the US Foreign aid and donors who were paying Musk have not even been identified?

btw,  who the hell is he?  Apparently a 53 yo resident of South Carolina with no relevant credentials who follows Musk and supports his every move including Musks contention that the Chinese Ballons shot down were actually alien UFO's.  https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/us-news/elon-musk-reacts-after-us-fighter-jets-shoot-down-ufo-says-some-of-my-alien-friends-dot-articleshow.html

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Talking about an action that resulted in babies being killed and you think it's funny. 

you must therefore be furious Biden denied the Ukrainian request for f-16s. The lack or air superiority those would have led to has yielded countless civilian deaths… and having the strike capability would have been way better in this battle scenario than some RC toy boats. 

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you must therefore be furious Biden denied the Ukrainian request for f-16s. The lack or air superiority those would have led to has yielded countless civilian deaths… and having the strike capability would have been way better in this battle scenario than some RC toy boats. 

32 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

geez, you cons are so creative!  what are you 13 years old?  Talking about an action that resulted in babies being killed and you think it's funny.  Kinda like Jan 6 or the Kashogi dismemberment.  You MAGA's are disgusting  and truly deplorable.

Joe you must also be livid at the weak response to the disaster that is coming from fentanyl across the southern border, which is killing hundreds of Americans a day. Us mocking the lying of Dems should make you happy that the truth is coming out. 

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Joe you must also be livid at the weak response to the disaster that is coming from fentanyl across the southern border, which is killing hundreds of Americans a day. Us mocking the lying of Dems should make you happy that the truth is coming out. 

First of all the majority of the drug that is coming into the United States, is going through ports of entry we need to make that distinction

Second, it is an epidemic, and I actually am not against working with the Mexican government to start making tactical strikes of these dudes, not in favor of invading Mexico at all in for  pressuring the Mexican government to take more action

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know much about the Russia/Ukraine conflict, beyond what I’ve read.  I feel like this particular conflict has layers of complexity similar at times to what we see in the Middle East,I support the effort generally, but there is a $&*t ton of money moving internationally and some people are benefitting on a massive scale.  With limited oversight and a country with a history of corruption, it would be foolish not to consider how/why this all plays out. 

All that aside, I’m not advocating for US involvement at all.   Still, it seems logical to me that Putin would see US financial and assets support as a major problem to be dealt with and an act of hostility in that regard.  It’s been established he’s a crazed murderous dictator who hates both the Ukrainians and the US.    From Zelensky’s perspective, facing death, destruction and invasion on a massive scale, it’s odd that massive amounts of money are cool, calling out Musk is fine, but pleading for direct US involvement is a bridge too far. 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Second, it is an epidemic, and I actually am not against working with the Mexican government to start making tactical strikes of these dudes, not in favor of invading Mexico at all in for  pressuring the Mexican government to take more action

So you support the Trump administration policy.

Good to know. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I did not know that
Seems kind of weird that they would use Elon musk’s technology for anything actually after this, they might want to rethink that

After what they accused just him of, he might take it away from them.  See how far they get with that.

Elon provides Starlink for a war torn country so the people trapped within it can communicate. 

Ukrainian military asks Elon to extend its use for a military operation. 

Elon says he doesn’t wish to be involved in the war. 

“Elon Musk, War Puppeteer” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope.  https://www.reuters.com/world/us-approves-sending-f-16s-ukraine-denmark-netherlands-2023-08-17/

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ukrainian military asks Elon to extend its use for a military operation. 

Elon says he doesn’t wish to be involved in the war. 

“Elon Musk, War Puppeteer” 

Untrue.  See the quote I provided from spaceX COO in 2022.  But you MAGA's just ignore facts and then lie.

I'm glad I started this thread.  It illustrates the disingenuity of the cons and the knowledge base they lack and don't even attempt to obtain.

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  https://www.reuters.com/world/us-approves-sending-f-16s-ukraine-denmark-netherlands-2023-08-17/

Untrue.  See the quote I provided from spaceX COO in 2022.  But you MAGA's just ignore facts and then lie.

They asked for them a long ago and Biden  said no. If we were going to any way why wait and allow all the women and children to die from Russian air strikes??? 

let’s hear the double standard… 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They asked for them a long ago and Biden  said no. If we were going to any way why wait and allow all the women and children to die from Russian air strikes??? 

let’s hear the double standard… 

What double standard?  I'd imagine Biden didn't want the war to escalate to this level.  Hoped putin would pull back from internal pressure after losing so much blood and treasure (which almost happened with mercenary tanks within miles of Moscow).  Didn't happen so he sent the jets.  Or he listened to his military advisors and sent them when they felt it was necessary.  Maybe the analysis of complex issues is beyond your abilities.

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm glad I started this thread.  It illustrates the disingenuity of the cons and the knowledge base they lack and don't even attempt to obtain.

LOL!  It's obvious you either didn't read or understand the quote you provided.  What do you suppose "but our intent was never to have them use it for offensive purposes" mean?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Another complex issue.  If we had less poverty n places like Appalachia it would help the thirst for numbness there.  Universal health care with better mental health availability and addiction treatment would help as well.  Dems generally support all of these.  R's do not.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  It's obvious you either didn't read or understand the quote you provided.  What do you suppose "but our intent was never to have them use it for offensive purposes" mean?

Exactly,  and before that said they were happy to help in their "fight for freedom"..it's purposefully contradictory imo.  They knew this story would come out.  They were covering their asses before it did, albeit unsuccessfully.  As the writer said, did she imagine the fight for freedom to not include offensive military capabilities?  This is why the distinction between turning off and not approving the use of starlink in that area is crucial.  The fact that the submarine drones were approaching the russian fleet and then drifted aimlessly suggests the former.  Also the excerpts from an interview with musk in the book do.  Kapeesh?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Don't look for what he says; look for what he does (or doesn't do)

https://www.hrsa.gov/about/news/press-releases/rcorps-2023-awards#:~:text=Biden Harris Administration Invests More,and Other Opioid Overdose Risks

Can't decide if it's willful ignorance or just plain ignorance.  I suppose it depends on the topic.

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.hrsa.gov/about/news/press-releases/rcorps-2023-awards#:~:text=Biden Harris Administration Invests More,and Other Opioid Overdose Risks

Can't decide if it's willful ignorance or just plain ignorance.  I suppose it depends on the topic.

I'm not saying he's done nothing. This is good to see, but the problem is the border. This investment is on the symptom.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

or this

Musk cut off the access through Starlink, a part of SpaceX that is critical to the Ukraine military’s communication, saying he did so not to be “complicit in a major act of war and conflict escalation.”

On 9/9/2023 at 7:48 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The reason I despise him is that he has decided to take sides in geopolitical affairs.  

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What double standard?  I'd imagine Biden didn't want the war to escalate to this level.  

There is the double standard… you didn’t disappoint.  Right on script 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Exactly,  and before that said they were happy to help in their "fight for freedom"..it's purposefully contradictory imo.  They knew this story would come out.  They were covering their asses before it did, albeit unsuccessfully.  As the writer said, did she imagine the fight for freedom to not include offensive military capabilities?  This is why the distinction between turning off and not approving the use of starlink in that area is crucial.  The fact that the submarine drones were approaching the russian fleet and then drifted aimlessly suggests the former.  Also the excerpts from an interview with musk in the book do.  Kapeesh?

Yeah I realize you'll twist "fight for freedom" to suit your purposes, but she clarified what Starlink's role in the "fight" was and Ukraine knew it.  And they didn't turn off anything: they just didn't turn on the Crimea region.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not saying he's done nothing. This is good to see, but the problem is the border. This investment is on the symptom.

The border is a symptom. The source is poverty and misery. D’s want to address those. R’s not so much

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There is the double standard… you didn’t disappoint.  Right on script 

Nope. The prez of the US is appropriately involved in geopolitics. Musk is not. No double standard 

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2023 at 12:00 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The first link noted funding from a "US Foreign aid" source and donors.  We're presumalby talking millions per month so It's fair to assume there was a contract.  I don't believe the foreign aid and the donors just threw monet at him with no conditions.  Perhaps, the book coming out next week will shed more light.

Presume assume believe perhaps. Jesus, man. 

On 9/9/2023 at 12:17 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

In what universe can anyone other than a full blown head in the sand idiot call article comparing Musk to Benedict #$%@ing Arnold "well reasoned"?  

On 9/9/2023 at 7:48 AM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Written by R Emitt Tyrell author of "The D🤣eath of Liberalism".  Sure that's happening...While MAGA implodes.  I don't despise him for his money.  Like the hack wrote, there are quite a few multi billionaires.  I'd like them taxed more aggressively but I don't resent them for their success.  Along as they didn't break the law getting there.

The reason I despise him is that he has decided to take sides in geopolitical affairs.  Through twitter and starlink.  And he seems to choose authoritarian sides more often than not...

Except when he was giving free internet to the people of Ukraine, right? Did he forget to be evil that day?  You are just twisting in circles here,

Joe. My guess is the real reason you hate Musk pretty simple, like most people that share your views.  First you assumed that a guy who makes electric cars and super batteries must certainly share your politics, and when you found he wasnt buying the same nonsense that you do, it felt like he betrayed you.  Second, you resent that he took the liberal echo chamber hate-filled @#$!hole that was Twitter and turned it into the bipartisan hate-filled @#$!hhole that is now called X.  Just my 2 cents, but what do I know.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

That is a slanted viewpoint, IMO. A private citizen offered his company's services with his own terms.  

Like I said it is what it is , Musk can do what the hell he ever wants in this case. NATO needs to send Ukraine weapons that don't depend on Musk for help.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 2

Now even the original source of the leak is calling out msm for creating this lie and spinning it into something else.

knowing how these systems work, this makes tons more sense. Ukraine wouldn’t have asked if it was already there they would’ve just used it and hope no one realized what was happening. why would he devote network capacity where his service isn’t allowed to be sold or over water where nobody is?? 

https://www.politico.eu/article/elon-musk-biographer-walter-isaacson-clarify-details-starlink-war-russia-ukraine-outcry/

there is also this…

https://www.pcmag.com/news/russia-makes-veiled-threat-to-destroy-spacexs-starlink

watching the left lie about this and spread them as rapidly as possible just because Musk points out how crazy todays faux liberals are is incredible.

you have to be a first order brainwashed moron to buy all this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The border is a symptom. The source is poverty and misery. D’s want to address those. R’s not so much

Nope. The prez of the US is appropriately involved in geopolitics. Musk is not. No double standard 

There is only a double standard. It’s shameful, transparent, and is either routed in intellectually dishonesty, or a lack of intellect altogether. (It could also be both) 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1