[Vague Title]

78thealltimegreat

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

As was already mentioned by the person I was replying to, every media too. At this point, please post anyone outside of Bills fans that would have Josh Allen ranked higher than Burrow. It's almost impossible to find. Yet when a poster correctly stated such, he was burned at the stake.

This took about 4seconds to find

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-top-100-nfl-players-of-2023-quarterbacks-go-1-2-3-nick-bosa-top-defensive-player-priscos-rankings/

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

As was already mentioned by the person I was replying to, every media too. At this point, please post anyone outside of Bills fans that would have Josh Allen ranked higher than Burrow. It's almost impossible to find. Yet when a poster correctly stated such, he was burned at the stake.

So we must acquiesce, lest you not be lumped in with us homers, because your friends and people like Mike Greenberg said so?

If you listen to people like Peter King, Howard Cosell etc., you get a very different view of the league than dudes pushing whatever narrative an exec at ESPN or Fox told them to push leading into the season. 

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Quit posting your lies!

We were told that "Literally every single person in the country agrees Mahomes and then Burrow except for posters on here"

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well Simon fixed it for you Joe changed his name to Vague Title 

Your title was barely legible gibberish (sort of like your sentence I'm quoting) and I was hoping you would fix it so folks would know what the thread was about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Your title was barely legible gibberish (sort of like the sentence I'm quoting) and I was hoping you would fix it so folks would know what the thread was about.

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no idea how to edit a thread title.  Shouldn’t be allowed to create a thread, if you don’t know how to edit a title. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

This aged well.

🤡

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no idea how to edit a thread title.  Shouldn’t be allowed to create a thread, if you don’t know how to edit a title. 

If it takes you more than 10 seconds to find the only button that can be used to edit your post, you're getting homework tonight!

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

trolls-can-bugger-off-trolls.gif?c=VjFfd

Please stop responding to him twice; it only makes the problem worse. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

We know they don’t WANT to pay all these guys, because they are the Bengals. I have to wonder IF they CAN sign these guys due to all the guaranteed money involved that has to go into escrow. Are they just cheap, or are they also “poor” by NFL standards? 

Thanks for staying on topic Augie.  LOL.

Mike Brown and Davis are by far the poorest (less than $1B) owners in the league.

In the Bengals situation it would be hard for a rich owner to have his GM sign all these guys just because of future cap concerns.

With poorer owners (others have called Brown as a cash-to-cap owner) and that's pretty accurate, it's got to be way tougher.

You're totally right about the escrow accounts.

Owners have to move $100Ms of dollars into escrow when these guys sign contract.

I'm sure the owners make money on the account, but it ties up a lot of owner cash.

With all the big-name Bengal player to be signed, I find it hard to believe Brown will be able to do it.  No knock on him, it's just the way it is.

It's something people will be watching come spring.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for staying on topic Augie.  LOL.

Mike Brown and Davis are by far the poorest (less than $1B) owners in the league.

In the Bengals situation it would be hard for a rich owner to have his GM sign all these guys just because of future cap concerns.

With poorer owners (others have called Brown as a cash-to-cap owner) and that's pretty accurate, it's got to be way tougher.

You're totally right about the escrow accounts.

Owners have to move $100Ms of dollars into escrow when these guys sign contract.

I'm sure the owners make money on the account, but it ties up a lot of owner cash.

With all the big-name Bengal player to be signed, I find it hard to believe Brown will be able to do it.  No knock on him, it's just the way it is.

It's something people will be watching come spring.

Hey! What do you know? You’re right!

That was just happenstance, I assure you. 

I’ll be right back with a nice recipe for Brunswick stew!    😋

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'm curious to see how it's structured.  Joe made a point to say he wanted to take less so they could keep the band together.  Him getting 54 mil would make it pretty tough to keep Chase and Higgins

IIRC Burrow never said that he would “take less” money. What he said was more vague. Something like he’d “work with them on his contract to keep” Chase and Higgins. I took that to be more related to the structure of his contract (like Mahomes) or that he might trade non-guaranteed money for guaranteed money.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hey! What do you know? You’re right!

That was just happenstance, I assure you. 

I’ll be right back with a nice recipe for Brunswick stew!    😋

We could always argue whose dad can beat up who.

Joe Burrow can't tell me what to do, he's not my real dad!

Why do Bills fans feel the need to drag Joe Burrow through the mud to defend Josh Allen? I get that we have to come up with all sorts of excuses to justify trading the Mahomes pick, but we never had a shot at Joe Burrow. In order to get a can't-miss prospect like that, you have to have the #1 overall pick and the Bills haven't been bad enough to have that since 1985. Of course, the Bengals took him and of course, he's been really good. He's won everywhere he's played. I will say that watching Burrow play is a lot less stressful than the Josh Allen Experience. He almost always does the right thing with the football. But he takes a lot of sacks and doesn't truck LBs. I know that Mahomes is the new Brady in terms of winning, but Joe Burrow has a game pretty much like Tom's.

The other thing that I like about Burrow as a player is that he won big in HS and college. He took previously weak Athens to the Ohio state championship game in 2014, losing to Toledo Central Catholic 56-52. He also won Ohio Mr. Football that year. We all know what he did in college. He's kind of the anti-Josh Allen. He's a coach's son who went to every QB camp as a kid. He was a 4-star recruit who was on colleges' radar in middle school.  We live in the golden age of QB play. Bills fans just ought to be happy that we have one of the top guys. 

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Why do Bills fans feel the need to drag Joe Burrow through the mud to defend Josh Allen? I get that we have to come up with all sorts of excuses to justify trading the Mahomes pick, but we never had a shot at Joe Burrow. In order to get a can't-miss prospect like that, you have to have the #1 overall pick and the Bills haven't been bad enough to have that since 1985. Of course, the Bengals took him and of course, he's been really good. He's won everywhere he's played. I will say that watching Burrow play is a lot less stressful than the Josh Allen Experience. He almost always does the right thing with the football. But he takes a lot of sacks and doesn't truck LBs. I know that Mahomes is the new Brady in terms of winning, but Joe Burrow has a game pretty much like Tom's.

The other thing that I like about Burrow as a player is that he won big in HS and college. He took previously weak Athens to the Ohio state championship game in 2014, losing to Toledo Central Catholic 56-52. He also won Ohio Mr. Football that year. We all know what he did in college. He's kind of the anti-Josh Allen. He's a coach's son who went to every QB camp as a kid. He was a 4-star recruit who was on colleges' radar in middle school.  We live in the golden age of QB play. Bills fans just ought to be happy that we have one of the top guys. 

Because ***** the stupid ***** Bengals and ***** Joe Burrow that's why

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You know there was OT too?  So you are saying Frazier had nothing to do with 13 seconds and OT in terms of calling the defense even though he calls the defense?

This is your response? You completely avoided the question and general point.

I'll help you. That loss is on the head coach. And then he, shamelessly, blamed it on execution when asked about what went wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.