Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

51 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Chicken littles out in force this morning

work to be done today, I see

Honestly I've noticed that to, I may be in the minority around here but I'm confident we win this game tonight. The Bills have been pretty much been put out to pasture by the national media, and I'm expecting them to be fired up with even more motivation. It's the Rodgers show tonight, but I feel we remind the talking heads we aren't going away anytime soon. Bills by a billion!!!!!!! Lol.

• Like (+1) 3

Just to show that this place is not unique, here is a thread from the Bengals board that has all the hallmarks of a TBD thread after a loss. People being told to go root for the chiefs, people excusing poor performance on weather and injury, people mad at players for not being upset enough after losing. All of it.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Burrow-Can-you-Hit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You are wrong but I will end this conversation before it goes any further and results in bans, lets talk about the matchup tonight, and allow for opinions of all types!

I hope they ban you just because your crying is annoying!  And I think the Mods are often too strict!

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Davis ain’t reliable. In fact he’s the opposite of reliable.

Last year he was not. Although overall he isn't that bad. 

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What crap.  What utter nonsense.  You won’t get banned but you will get comments back when you post junk like this.

Thank You!

8 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

He's made some big catches in big games. You paid the qb. The receiving corps is stacked. The running game is unreliable so far

Singletary couldn't start for any other team and neither could cook. Fix that and evaluate Davis. ..kept ya breathing against Rivers and the Colts . Put ya 13 seconds from the superbowl, me, I'm keeping Davis

Edited by 1onemangang7

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen looking really good and putting up a strong stat line in primetime against a top flight defense would go a long way toward MVP conversation 

The only MVP I care about is MVP of the super bowl. Regular season MVP rarely wins it all

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Singletary couldn't start for any other team and neither could cook. Fix that and evaluate Davis. ..kept ya breathing against Rivers and the Colts . Put ya 13 seconds from the superbowl, me, I'm keeping Davis

Why are you quoting yourself? But I agree Davis is a 4th rounder that is a mid level #2 WR. He is better than people want to give him credit for. I hope he gets resigned before having a strong season and pricing the Bills out. Sherfield looks like the real deal. And Harty is what we wanted in McK. 

Edited by sunshynman
words
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It would be a real nice surprise if Carl Cheffers and his crew actually call Sauce for holding and PI.  Because he gets away with it waaaayyy too much

He might be a good corner but even he can only defend one receiver and Josh should have the time to find the best open weapon and it maybe a run that clears out the middle of the field as diggsand Gabe drW their dbs deep and safeties react too late because Bills don't run the ball.

I don’t know why because the sample size is so small…but I’m really interested in seeing what Sherfield can be. I sort of want to see what we look like with both Davis and Sherfield on the outside and Diggs in the slot. That guy looks bigger on the field then I expected and he seems to catch with his hands. Davis better have his drops fixed because I got a feeling the guy behind him is a player.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Anyone concerned about the condition of the turf after games on back to back nights? I don't know a lot about monofilament turf and the maintenance required. Do they have to deploy more rubber balls? Looks like rain in the forecast, could make the field pretty slick

very slight chance of rain tonight if at all

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/3d38961bca2434e917e3a32ae3ed1c9dd153bb4b30ef8aa28c1a946ce2ad18a8

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know why because the sample size is so small…but I’m really interested in seeing what Sherfield can be. I sort of want to see what we look like with both Davis and Sherfield on the outside and Diggs in the slot. That guy looks bigger on the field then I expected and he seems to catch with his hands. Davis better have his drops fixed because I got a feeling the guy behind him is a player.

I keep forgetting about Sherfield. Really excited for him

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Cook averaged 5.7 ypc in his rookie season…..yet you know that he wouldn’t start for ANY team in the league.  You should apply for a FO position…. Preferably in the afc east

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The running game is unreliable so far

I have high hopes for a bulldozing right side, with Torrence and Brown knocking people off the ball. Brown may suck in pass pro, but he does seem to relish knocking people down. Put Knox next to him and let Cook cook. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen looking really good and putting up a strong stat line in primetime against a top flight defense would go a long way toward MVP conversation 

stahhpp that

let's get this game in, let's play hard, let's see the defense be stout and angry.

it's week 1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.