Three Year Cruise Anyone?

Mike in Horseheads

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/three-year-cruise-never-ends/index.html

Life at Sea Cruises – which is due to depart in November for a three-year round-the-world cruise – reckons that people are so enthused by the idea of sailing around the world nonstop, that they’re going to continue the journey indefinitely, making it “the cruise that never ends.”

Imagine how much Thurston Howell III and lovey would have to pack for this considering what they took for the 3 hour cruise!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Until it's taken out by an iceberg, pirates or a tropical storm 

This scares me far more than pirates and hurricanes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stranded-cruise-ship-on-which-sewage-ran-down-the-walls-and-savages-fought-over-food-finally-docks-amid-jubilant-scenes-8496330.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Well, that’s one way to scare the pirates away. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

not just no but HELL NO.

the main reasons would be being away that long from family and friends, I would miss my dog and seasickness. 

Basically the trifecta of Suck. And those cabins don' have bath tubs either. ahem PASS

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

not just no but HELL NO.

the main reasons would be being away that long from family and friends, I would miss my dog and seasickness. 

Basically the trifecta of Suck. And those cabins don' have bath tubs either. ahem PASS

Dear Muppy, 

Our sales team thanks you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will give you the night to cool off and think about it, then reach out to you in the morning. We think you will come to realize what a fabulous opportunity this is. 

Sleep well, 

Team World Cruise

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I would much rather do it this way. Buy your unit and fly in for the legs you are interested in. Powerball let me down again.  I was thinking of a nice two bedroom, I’m not greedy.

https://aboardtheworld.com 

I have family that has done around the world 6 month+ cruises.  It absolutely is an alternative to moving to a retirement community in Florida and it is becoming economically more feasible.  Being able to board and deboard to me is the key if you're going for multi-year commitment.   I'd also love if Amtrak had an option where you could load your car and get on an off at reserved locations.

On 9/6/2023 at 2:18 PM, Fleezoid said:

I think it's a scam. That's a terribly long time to be on a boat. Once you get on..........

I distinctly remember seeing that episode when it originally aired. I was like 9. 

Best. Twilight Zone. EVER! 

Edited by Tony P

A week never seems like enough time, three years seems like way too long, but circumnavigating the planet and the places you could see would be awesome. Sign me up for the one year package.

I know they have satellite TV as I've watched the final four from someplace cruising in the Caribbean, so I'll slide someone a few bucks to get the Bills games on.

No cooking, no cleaning, no yard work ... a wide selection of food whenever I want it, bartenders making whatever I want, when I want, beaches, golf courses ... I'm in.

12 hours ago, Tony P said:

I distinctly remember seeing that episode when it originally aired. I was like 9. 

Best. Twilight Zone. EVER! 

I'm older, but don't recall seing any orginal Twilight episodes. All of them are incredible. The stories are awesome. No special affects, no actions cams......just good writing. Real things that go strangely weird, really weird in some cases. I wonder if Stephen King got his motivation from Mr. Serling. Some of King's stuff was seemingly nornal stuff that went sideways. Just a thought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.