The 2023 - ??? Edmunds Report

FireChans

16 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Watch the Broncos first TD, about 3:50 sec in. and follow #49

Watch the replay especially... 

Bro, you don’t understand. His assignment was the patch of grass. He did his 1/11th (which is what all great players do).

in all seriousness, that’s a low effort play more than anything, and that’s unusual even by Edmunds’ low standards.  I’m starting to buy @Coach Tuesday that this guy has already checked out.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bro, you don’t understand. His assignment was the patch of grass. He did his 1/11th (which is what all great players do).

in all seriousness, that’s a low effort play more than anything, and that’s unusual even by Edmunds’ low standards.  I’m starting to buy @Coach Tuesday that this guy has already checked out.

I’d categorize this as a “low effort play.”

Bills at Chiefs 2020 AFCCG (7:25 mark)

Watch as Edmunds runs half speed to Tyreek and his subsequent pathetic attempt at a tackle. Does that look like the effort of a player who just HAD to make that stop? It’s when my criticisms of his play really started to pick up.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Watch as Edmunds runs half speed to Tyreek and his subsequent pathetic attempt at a tackle. Does that look like the effort of a player who just HAD to make that stop? It’s when my criticisms of his play really started to pick up.

What's really impressive about that play is how his wingspan and middle of the field presence really stopped Mahomes from fitting it in on the quick slant. Lol.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

That was absolutely horrid... I am soooo glad we don't have LBs that give that effort now. 

PS: I was very pleased at how Bernard got off/around blocks from olinemen last game. He is a HUGE upgrade!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

What's really impressive about that play is how his wingspan and middle of the field presence really stopped Mahomes from fitting it in on the quick slant. Lol.

Yeah his wingspan and middle of the field presence were always overvalued amongst Bills fans. I have a hard time believing that neither Bernard nor Milano make that stop. Hell, I think Dodson makes the stop too. It wasn’t a lack of top speed issue, it was a lack of all out effort. 

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah his wingspan and middle of the field presence were always overvalued amongst Bills fans. I have a hard time believing that neither Bernard nor Milano make that stop. Hell, I think Dodson makes the stop too. It wasn’t a lack of top speed issue, it was a lack of all out effort. 

You know I watched the 2021 highlights of Bills Chiefs and the Hardman TD where he somehow escaped 4 defenders, Edmunds was basically fast walking to the play.

Now, Hardman is a speed demon so it's hard to say Edmunds would've prevented the TD, but he certainly wasn't playing to the whistle at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

Watch the Broncos first TD, about 3:50 sec in. and follow #49

Watch the replay especially... 

Oh my God this gave me flashbacks. Only 4 games in and I had forgotten that LBs could look like they're on ice skates. I sincerely think he was even worse than a lot of his biggest detractors thought.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

Who cares at this point?  He got his pay day, he is on a terrible team and he is not an impact player.  His less lauded replacement is doing the job better than he did.  I say addition by subtraction. 

and then addition by addition, by adding a better player! It's a 2-step equation

Bills - (-1x) + 1x = Bills + 2x better at LB

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see the Edmunds report all season long. If some of you guys don’t want to hear about Tremaine’s (lack) of exploits then don’t click on the F’n link. 

Why? Because I love following ex-Bills players and see how they are doing. I don’t root against them and often root for them. I was a HUGE Tremaine supporter his first few years. I bought my daughter an Edmunds jersey because I was convinced we had the QB of our defense for a decade.  The reason I want to see how they are doing is because I want to see if me, as one of the best armchair GMs in the league and McBeane, as one of the best real Coach/GMs in the league made the right decision. So far, Edmunds is an absolute BUST at 18 million a year. I wanted to keep him at 12 mil, I’m glad that didn’t happen because it’s pretty clear after 4 games that at the MLB position in THIS defense, Bernard looks to be better.

So far, the only player I can think of that we let go and shouldn’t have is Teller. Hodkins? Hahah please. The next decision will be Gabe Davis if he doesn’t get extended before the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Compare that Justin Zimmer running full bore 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Oh my God this gave me flashbacks. Only 4 games in and I had forgotten that LBs could look like they're on ice skates. I sincerely think he was even worse than a lot of his biggest detractors thought.

Sux. Always did. Sucks against the run and sucks against the pass.

@BADOLBILZ letting his rose colored glasses skew his vision again, always been way too high on ol' Tremaine he has.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Compare that Justin Zimmer running full bore 

Tyreek gave him props on his hustle after the game. Said he saw #61 chasing him relentlessly and thought to himself “I’m not getting hit by that big dude.” Thought it was pretty cool he recognized Zimmer more than any of the other defenders chasing him and took the time to praise him.

42 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Tyreek gave him props on his hustle after the game. Said he saw #61 chasing him relentlessly and thought to himself “I’m not getting hit by that big dude.” Thought it was pretty cool he recognized Zimmer more than any of the other defenders chasing him and took the time to praise him.

I remember that. Too bad zimmer got hurt, he was a baller 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.