Republican debate GDT

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And there’s your problem…you’re thinking way too hard and looking way too deep. 😉 Life is pretty simple really. 

tell it to Aristotle and his ideas on what makes a good knife

"A broader and still more pervasive fallacy underlies Aristotle's ethics. It is the idea that an investigation of human nature can reveal what we ought to do. For Aristotle, an examination of a knife would reveal that its distinctive quality is to cut, and from this we could conclude that a good knife would be a knife that cuts well. In the same way, an examination of human nature should reveal the distinctive quality of human beings, and from this we should be able to conclude what it is to be a good human being. This line of thought makes sense if we think, as Aristotle did, that the Universe as a whole has a purpose and that we exist as part of such a goal-directed scheme of things, but its error becomes glaring once we reject this view and come to see our existence as the result of a blind process of evolution."

Do you find FLW designs simple?  The Guggenheim for example.  Was it worth the effort?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

tell it to Aristotle and his ideas on what makes a good knife

"A broader and still more pervasive fallacy underlies Aristotle's ethics. It is the idea that an investigation of human nature can reveal what we ought to do. For Aristotle, an examination of a knife would reveal that its distinctive quality is to cut, and from this we could conclude that a good knife would be a knife that cuts well. In the same way, an examination of human nature should reveal the distinctive quality of human beings, and from this we should be able to conclude what it is to be a good human being. This line of thought makes sense if we think, as Aristotle did, that the Universe as a whole has a purpose and that we exist as part of such a goal-directed scheme of things, but its error becomes glaring once we reject this view and come to see our existence as the result of a blind process of evolution."

Do you find FLW designs simple?  The Guggenheim for example.  Was it worth the effort?

I honestly thought this had autocorrected the word “life” into “knife”.  Try it….it sort of works. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Give it up Doc… this is nothing but pure blatant racism on display here today. I’m utterly disgusted! 

I don't care about the racism.  As usual its rooted in ignorance.  Just explaining the real story from someone who has been there, not someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Is it not OK to make money?

Hell, yes it is.  Who said it wasn't?  I just believe that some redistribution is needed when !% has 50% of the wealth (close enough- not positive of the exact number) and people are listening to the Richmond song as an anthem...https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/richest-1-bag-nearly-twice-much-wealth-rest-world-put-together-over-past-two-years#.  Do I want to give money away?  No.  My tax rate is high.  But I'm no where near the top 1% in the US and many of them find safe harbors.  Owning yachts and golf courses and islands is just ridiculous imo.  Maybe I'm crazy but there are others who agree.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Hell, yes it is.  Who said it wasn't?  I just believe that some redistribution is needed when !% has 50% of the wealth (close enough- not positive of the exact number) and people are listening to the Richmond song as an anthem...

Redistribution is not the most important issue.

Who determines the redistribution is.

Look at the "happiest" nations of 2023.

!. Finland

2. Denmark

3. Iceland

4. Israel

5. Netherlands

6. Sweden

7. Norway

8. Switzerland

See a trend there?

See the obvious?

It is obvious that countries that have a higher degree of homogeneous populations are perceived as "happier."

The US is incredibly non homogeneous and people don't like decisions about where the money goes being made by people they don't like, ie.,a despised Congress.

Look at the incredible amount of success that US religious charity has enjoyed.

Far more effective than gov programs

Know why?   Because it's decided to be targeted at known destinations.

Humans, especially Americans, are remarkably generous at redistribution.

They just can't stand that redistribution being decided by others, so when they lose the ability to decide, they oppose it.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Redistribution is not the most important issue.

Who determines the redistribution is.

Look at the "happiest" nations of 2023.

!. Finland

2. Denmark

3. Iceland

4. Israel

5. Netherlands

6. Sweden

7. Norway

8. Switzerland

See a trend there?

See the obvious?

It is obvious that countries that have a higher degree of homogeneous populations are perceived as "happier."

The US is incredibly non homogeneous and people don't like decisions about where the money goes being made by people they don't like, ie.,a despised Congress.

Look at the incredible amount of success that US religious charity has enjoyed.

Far more effective than gov programs

Know why?   Because it's decided to be targeted at known destinations.

Humans, especially Americans, are remarkably generous at redistribution.

They just can't stand that redistribution being decided by others, so when they lose the ability to decide, they oppose it.

Dude, at least half of those countries are the model for Bernie Sanders.  Switzerland had a referendum on maxing out compensation that narrowly went down.  But they are weird folk...I'll be accused of virtue signaling but check out the RAM clinics in Appalachia.  My toothless jokes are justified.  People wait hours to have teeth pulled by volunteers many of whom are students.

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Dude, at least half of those countries are the model for Bernie Sanders.  Switzerland had a referendum on maxing out compensation that narrowly went down.  But they are weird folk...

Never work here.

Neither would Bernie.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I don't care about the racism.  As usual its rooted in ignorance.  Just explaining the real story from someone who has been there, not someone who has no clue what he's talking about.

C'mon Raj, you know I have some idea.  maybe not yours, but an idea....the name is a guess.  The guy I mentioned is named Anoop...great guy and solid citizen.  Need more like him.

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

always the dumbass state argument lol.

Local government is in the drivers seat. So now do Baltimore. Start with crime and schools. 

gawd you people are soooo controlled by illogical narratives.  So easy to keep in your place 😂 

Pretty sure the local governments in all those craptastic states are GOP

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Hell, yes it is.  Who said it wasn't?  I just believe that some redistribution is needed when !% has 50% of the wealth (close enough- not positive of the exact number) and people are listening to the Richmond song as an anthem...https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/richest-1-bag-nearly-twice-much-wealth-rest-world-put-together-over-past-two-years#.  Do I want to give money away?  No.  My tax rate is high.  But I'm no where near the top 1% in the US and many of them find safe harbors.  Owning yachts and golf courses and islands is just ridiculous imo.  Maybe I'm crazy but there are others who agree.

I see. So you want OTHER people to pay more in taxes. Figures. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This seems a good strategy.  It's true and will resonate.  Getting more impressed.  I think I could live with her....as president.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/stephanopoulos-snaps-nikki-haley-saying-biden-wont-finish-term-excuse-me-how-do-you-know

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

This seems a good strategy.  It's true and will resonate.  Getting more impressed.  I think I could live with her....as president.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/stephanopoulos-snaps-nikki-haley-saying-biden-wont-finish-term-excuse-me-how-do-you-know

I disagree with her on a few issues, but would easily take her over Biden…

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I disagree with her on a few issues, but would easily take her over Biden…

I think she can win independents and suburban voters.  I don't think she can win the primary but I'm hoping I'm wrong.  Biden IS too old and she's more moderate than any other candidates I've seen.  Her foreign policy pragmatism is a big plus.  we want to avoid nuclear annihilation...Also she would redefine the R's with a win.  This is what she's selling and it's good product.  But will the core buy it?