Republican debate GDT

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re really odd. So apparently both you and I completely destroy your own ridiculous argument. So I’m guessing from that, now we do NOT have a caste system? Once again…are you listening to yourself at all?  Why does the background of Mr Ramaswamy matter so much to you? Even if we say he comes from ‘privilege’, why does that disqualify him from having a vision for America? Answer…it doesn’t! 

PS: The debate was a train wreck but the amount of racist hate on here today is truly disgusting. 

We do not have a caste system like India.  We certainly have "classes", in most cases defined by income:  (upper, middle, lower, upper middle, lower middle).  Indians are just more open about it and more rigid.  There are jobs some castes can never hold, for example.  He comes from that culture.  I find it difficult to believe that all that culture washes away in a generation but maybe I'm wrong.  He took full advantage of every opportunity including a philanthropic fellowship from the Soros family, which is great. His talents were recognized early.  But didn't he bad mouth Soros last night?  I think he's a phony but we'll see.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And a proclivity to constantly talk about it.

"It" being you.

Narcissist extraordinaire! He counts as his ‘advantage’ a strong work ethic and self confidence. Both of which are all about…..wait for it….HIM! 

What’s being used on here as a convenient excuse for flat out racism is beyond stunning. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And a proclivity to constantly talk about it.

"It" being you.

Ignore then.  But aren't you a trump fan?  seems inconsistent with this statement.  If not you, then at least 10 posters here.  And he's compared to Jesus by them!  btw, I'm not the poster that showed a pic of me and a fighter jet.  But thank you for your service.  Dangerous job.

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We do not have a caste system like India.  We certainly have "classes", in most cases defined by income:  (upper, middle, lower, upper middle, lower middle).  Indians are just more open about it and more rigid.  There are jobs some castes can never hold, for example.  He comes from that culture.  I find it difficult to believe that all that culture washes away in a generation but maybe I'm wrong.  He took full advantage of every opportunity including a philanthropic fellowship from the Soros family, which is great. His talents were recognized early.  But didn't he bad mouth Soros last night?  I think he's a phony but we'll see.

What? 

We have ECONOMIC classes whose key attributes are….wait for it…ECONOMIC status. 

Nobody could make this shite up! 😂😂😂😉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? 

We have ECONOMIC classes whose key attributes are….wait for it…ECONOMIC status. 

Nobody could make this shite up! 😂😂😂😉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So those economic advantages don't segregate us into the American version of castes?  Where we live?  What we eat?  Where we travel?  Where and for how long we are educated?  And lately, what political party we are associated with.  Witness the push to recruit suburban women to each party.  You don't care to admit it but it's a central political theme right now.  Almost no one wants to say it out loud tho. my technique in pointing that out is obvious and ham handed.  And you still don't get it....Did I mention that I like most of Bernie's policies?

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So those economic advantages don't segregate us into the American version of castes?  Where we live?  What we eat?  Where we travel?  Where and for how long we are educated?  And lately, what political party we are associated with.  You don't care to admit it but it's a central political theme right now.  Almost no one wants to say it out loud tho. my technique in pointing that out is obvious and ham handed.  And you still don't get it....Did I mention that I like most of Bernie's policies?

Hilarious. So let me see if the resident genius didn’t just say “our economic status separates us into people of economic status”. No shite! 

I’m dying to hear what you think the term economic status means. You’re using the very definition of the term to criticize the term. Brilliant! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hilarious. So let me see if the resident genius didn’t just say “our economic status separates us into people of economic status”. No shite! 

I’m dying to hear what you think the term economic status means. You’re using the very definition of the term to criticize the term. Brilliant! 

maybe I should recommend this to my bookclub. This is a well studied subject in the social sciences but no doubt you'll find the theme bs...

https://www.amazon.com/Caste-Origins-Discontents-Isabel-Wilkerson/dp/0593230256#:~:text=Caste is the granting or,or standing in the hierarchy.

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Ignore then.  But aren't you a trump fan?  seems inconsistent with this statement.  If not you, then at least 10 posters here.  And he's compared to Jesus by them!  btw, I'm not the poster that showed a pic of me and a fighter jet.  But thank you for your service.  Dangerous job.

The picture was in response to cluster bombs being used as war criminal evidence.

It was evidence of the US arming planes with them, so the caution was to be careful what you condemn.\

Never a Trump fan, Never voted for him and won't.

Still.....He sure is better than Biden/Harris, an alarming and incompetent team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

maybe I should recommend this to my bookclub. This is a well studied subject in the social sciences but no doubt you'll find the theme bs...

https://www.amazon.com/Caste-Origins-Discontents-Isabel-Wilkerson/dp/0593230256#:~:text=Caste is the granting or,or standing in the hierarchy.

Let me guess, somebody wrote a book who’s basic premise is that people who have more money really shouldn’t have more money?

Wake the heck up! If you don’t want to have more money….then don’t! I know plenty of people who’ve squandered everything they have. I know other people who had my exact same background that CHOSE to not work very hard. Money is neither the ultimate goal nor the ultimate evil. I’m utterly shocked that someone who claims to be well read hasn’t figured out that most basic of truths. Maybe you should read less. 

42 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The caste system of India means jack ***** here in America.  Sure some immigrants might think they're better than their non-elite brethren but it's money and status here that count.  The next generation doesn't care.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The caste system of India means jack ***** here in America.  Sure some immigrants might think they're better than their non-elite brethren but it's money and status here that count.  The next generation doesn't care.

Give it up Doc… this is nothing but pure blatant racism on display here today. I’m utterly disgusted! 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me guess, somebody wrote a book who’s basic premise is that people who have more money really shouldn’t have more money?

Wake the heck up! If you don’t want to have more money….then don’t! I know plenty of people who’ve squandered everything they have. I know other people who had my exact same background that CHOSE to not work very hard. Money is neither the ultimate goal nor the ultimate evil. I’m utterly shocked that someone who claims to be well read hasn’t figured out that most basic of truths. Maybe you should read less. 

Man, no!  It's a book about the unspoken social order and constraints in America.  Even among the elite there are rankings.  The gilded age is a great example.  This writer explains it better than I (from the books description)

"Caste is insidious and therefore powerful because it is not hatred, it is not necessarily personal. It is the worn grooves of comforting routines and unthinking expectations, patterns of a social order that have been in place for so long that it looks like the natural order of things."

I agree with your statements on money.  But it is the source of a great deal of political animus.  Who said I don't want to have money?  I just believe that the current distribution of wealth and status is leading to this point in history.  And it's not a good point.

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Man, no!  It's a book about the unspoken social order and constraints in America.  Even among the elite there are rankings.  The gilded age is a great example.  This writer explains it better than I (from the books description)

"Caste is insidious and therefore powerful because it is not hatred, it is not necessarily personal. It is the worn grooves of comforting routines and unthinking expectations, patterns of a social order that have been in place for so long that it looks like the natural order of things."

I agree with your statements on money.  But it is the source of a great deal of political animus.  Who said I don't want to have money?  I just believe that the current distribution of wealth and status is leading to this point in history.  And it's not a good point.

Oh my gosh. You’re supposed to be pursuing life liberty and happiness. Money doesn’t buy any of those things. I think it’s time you move to Portugal….regardless of who wins next November. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Give it up Doc… this is nothing but pure blatant racism on display here today. I’m utterly disgusted! 

Don’t be too surprised. You are engaging with someone that believes the use of “Uncle Tom” is not a racial slur if used “appropriately”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh my gosh. You’re supposed to be pursuing life liberty and happiness. Money doesn’t buy any of those things. I think it’s time you move to Portugal….regardless of who wins next November. 😉

It's buying trump and his merry men temporary liberty.  The Enron crooks?  We'd all be in jail by now.  When did I say it bought happiness? As for life, there sadly are tiers in our medical system based on money and the affluent have longer life expectancies than the poor.

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It's buying trump and his merry men temporary liberty.  We'd all be in jail by now.  When did I say it bought happiness? As for life, there sadly are tiers in our medical system based on money and the affluent have longer life expectancies than the poor.

Ugh! You’re supposed to be PURSUING life, liberty, and happiness. Yes, in our society money is used to purchase things….no shite. I could make an entire series of Kamala quotes from your posts today. For example: “Money is used to buy things, because that’s what money is used for.”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Unfortunately, we spend a whole lotta effort in building classes, teams, etc., to our peril.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh! You’re supposed to be PURSUING life, liberty, and happiness. Yes, in our society money is used to purchase things….no shite. I could make an entire series of Kamala quotes from your posts today. For example: “Money is used to buy things, because that’s what money is used for.”

think deeper.  Open your horizons :)