Republican debate GDT

49 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he's brahmin.  by definition he's elite.  

Maybe in a place he doesn’t love. But not in Cincinnati, where he was born.

What do you care if he is elite anyway?

American elite is the #1 resume requirement for every national politician you stump for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

He suggested the test for citizenship that he and his parents had to pass.  Sounds good to me.

My grandparents had to take one as well. Think of it as a ‘continuing education’ class for voters. Now…I’d love to see a thread where people propose the questions. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he's brahmin.  by mmdefinition he's elite.  

That's why you love him.  Snob says wf\hat?

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

American elite is the #1 resume requirement for every national politician you stump for.

Yes, but I'm not a MAGA...here are some of the questions

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

That's why you ;pve him.  Snob says wf\hat?

Just like anything else, there are good and bad elites.  He's a bad one.  He's acting a part.

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I doubt "The Left" is saying "You must be a Christian to lead our nation." 

They are saying you are a lying pharma bro masquerading as a pseudo-Christian.

really? Pences and his halo white hair was thumping so hard the rest of the field was an un-discernible pitter patter in contrast. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

Thanks for sharing the test. Hilarious! 

I’d virtually guarantee you that a large percentage of eligible voters can’t name the ocean on our east coast! 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

Here's an indication of where the Republican voters are on this whole "Christian nation" thing and the lack of fealty to the constitution:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/09/21/most-republicans-support-declaring-the-united-states-a-christian-nation-00057736#:~:text=Christian nationalism%2C a belief that,to the 2022 midterm elections.

We followed up by asking: “Would You Favor or Oppose the United States Officially Declaring the United States to be a Christian Nation?” The findings were striking.

Overall, 62 percent of respondents said they opposed such a declaration, including 83 percent of Democrats and 39 percent of Republicans. Fully 61 percent of Republicans supported declaring the United States a Christian nation. In other words, even though over half of Republicans previously said such a move would be unconstitutional, a majority of GOP voters would still support this declaration.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They may know the beach they’re sitting on but I seriously doubt they know the ocean they’re looking at! 😂

It always makes me chuckle.  When people say "we're going to the beach" it's understood they mean myrtle.  There are several lovely, much less commercial and developed beaches nearby.  But there's nothing better than t-shirt shops, crowded sand and deep fried, battered seafood.  To each his own.  If that sounds pompous, so be it.  Many people think it but don't say it aloud.  Neither do I except on this board.

16 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Just like anything else, there are good and bad elites.  He's a bad one.  He's acting a part.

Im sure most here recognize you as the bizzaro maga; equal but opposite hypnosis.

as blindly and vociferously as the magas follow trump, you in kind follow TDSers. 

that’s why it’s so interesting your are unveiling your own xenophobic traits that trumpers get vilified for.  

Maybe you’re a closeted maga after all? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im sure most here recognize you as the bizzaro maga; equal but opposite hypnosis.

as blindly and vociferously as the magas follow trump, you in kind follow TDSers. 

that’s why it’s so interesting your are unveiling your own xenophobic traits that trumpers get vilified for.  

Maybe you’re a closeted maga after all? 

"a person having a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries"

My wife has a European passport.  We're thinking of moving to Portugal if trump somehow wins.  

So, No.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Just like anything else, there are good and bad elites.  He's a bad one.  He's acting a part

Ie.  If he had a d before the name.  Blind trust.  Amirite

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

My wife has a European passport.  We're thinking of moving to Portugal if trump somehow wins.  

So, No.

Lol, you guys always say that.  And never follow though 

Edited by Chris farley
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So, No.

“Xenophobia in the United States is the fear or hatred of any cultural group in the United States which is perceived as being foreign or strange or un-American.” 

this encapsulates your entire position against Vivek. Thanks for prompting me to look it up.

man that shoe fits you like Cinderella huh? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

“Xenophobia in the United States is the fear or hatred of any cultural group in the United States which is perceived as being foreign or strange or un-American.” 

this encapsulates your entire position against Vivek. Thanks for prompting me to look it up.

man that shoe fits you like Cinderella huh? 

Don't fit that one either.  Several Asian Indian grad student friends attended our wedding.  Still friends.  I'm just pointing out the strange way today's R's think.  They want a voice and a leader who "listens" to them and then quickly champion a guy who clearly won't/hasn't.  He was hedge fund manager, which is fine by me but isn't that the devil to many MAGAs?  The "investor class".

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Don't fit that one either.  Several Asian Indian grad student friends attended our wedding.  Still friends.

So how do you explain to them you hate Vivek because his parents are immigrants? 

must be an awkward conversation 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So how do you explain to them you hate Vivek because his parents are immigrants? 

must be an awkward conversation 

See above.  His heritage has nothing to do with my opinion of him.  I think he's a player and says whatever will help him win without the least bit of embarrassment.  My scientist friends are not players.  Just smart and hardworking.  Some levity:  I drove an Indian grad student (His brother who worked at Roswell picked them up later), my then girlfriend and his girlfriend to Lewiston to meet my parents.  His GF was about 8 months pregnant.  when we walked in the door, my stepmother said "and which one is Greta".

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I'm sure that when Vivek's parents arrived in Cincy they said "hey, we're Brahmins, we're elite!  Give us everything!" :rolleyes:

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2