The 3 Kincaid catches- we have another elite weapon on o

JerseyBills

52 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I really like the Kincaid pick. I also liked Zay Flowers and Jack Campbell. Both were long gone though. At the time and now, I think it was a fine pick. 

My only contention is how Bills fans are saying he's the next Kelce. The ceiling is very high and I'm optimistic that he will do well. But come on now let's see how it plays out. That's all I'm saying. 

It’s not just Bills fans saying that

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I really like the Kincaid pick. I also liked Zay Flowers and Jack Campbell. Both were long gone though. At the time and now, I think it was a fine pick. 

My only contention is how Bills fans are saying he's the next Kelce. The ceiling is very high and I'm optimistic that he will do well. But come on now let's see how it plays out. That's all I'm saying. 

Seems like youre cherry picking the 3-5 Bills fan that say he will be the next Kelce. The vast majority thinks he has a high ceiling and are optimistic and think he will do well

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously? It’s said all the time. 

Who's smooth?   So far we have Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison.   Maybe one or both of those guys the Bengals have?   I mean, smooth seems to describe the way the guy looks, but it seems to me that I don't care whether he looks smooth or not.   I care about is catches per target, his yards per catch, etc.  

I mean, if I think about, I might call Shakir smooth, but that doesn't mean I want a receiver room full of Shakirs.  

16 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this thread of a great example of how biased fans are for their own team and players. That includes myself. 

Kincaid makes a few pre season catches and he gets praise, accolades, and optimism is through the roof. Kincaid is unproven in the NFL. Tight ends generally are slow developing in the NFL. Remember all the hype about Pitts? Engram? 

The Bills get throttled by Pitt and several players looked like dog poop, mediocre, subpar, etc...Fans responses are it's only pre season, there's time for improvement, he can get in shape, he can get coached up, he just had a bad game. Come on now! 

What a paradox. Cherry picking is what we do. 

He dropped for a reason. Let that sink in too. 

He's no sure thing especially with Dorsey calling plays. 

He's unproven and I'm going to hope for the best. He certainly can be a weapon. I just have to temper my expectations on a rookie TE who played at Utah. 

Dude, you give the worst examples.

First, yesterday you said we can't play against the physical teams like Pittsburgh and TN.  It's crazy to me that you made that statement being that we beat them by 69 points total last year.  How did we struggle against them??  

You know who else really dropped?  Travis Kelce in the 3rd round.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Who's smooth?   So far we have Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison.   Maybe one or both of those guys the Bengals have?   I mean, smooth seems to describe the way the guy looks, but it seems to me that I don't care whether he looks smooth or not.   I care about is catches per target, his yards per catch, etc.  

I mean, if I think about, I might call Shakir smooth, but that doesn't mean I want a receiver room full of Shakirs.  

Is this a bizarro conversation?  You've never heard announcers and analysts talk about smooth route running by a receiver?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

The 3 Kincaid catches- we have another elite weapon on o

Not a single in-season rep. This is way way way way too early to be making statements like this.

Certainly seems possible. But plenty of guys with potential don't achieve it.

Edited by Thurman#1

16 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this thread of a great example of how biased fans are for their own team and players. That includes myself. 

Kincaid makes a few pre season catches and he gets praise, accolades, and optimism is through the roof. Kincaid is unproven in the NFL. Tight ends generally are slow developing in the NFL. Remember all the hype about Pitts? Engram? 

The Bills get throttled by Pitt and several players looked like dog poop, mediocre, subpar, etc...Fans responses are it's only pre season, there's time for improvement, he can get in shape, he can get coached up, he just had a bad game. Come on now! 

What a paradox. Cherry picking is what we do

He dropped for a reason. Let that sink in too. 

He's no sure thing especially with Dorsey calling plays. 

He's unproven and I'm going to hope for the best. He certainly can be a weapon. I just have to temper my expectations on a rookie TE who played at Utah. 

Yesterday you cherry picked two games from 2 and 3 years ago as examples the Bills can't play with physical teams.

"Well, I can't use 2022 because we beat them by a lot.  Let me find other games in which help my example.  Here we go, 2021 and 2020!"

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

From the Bills past, James Lofton and Frank Lewis.

I thought Lee Evans was smooth in his time here.  He just didn't have a good QB to be highlighted more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not a single in-season rep. This is way way way way too early to be making statements like this.

Certainly seems possible. But plenty of guys with potential don't achieve it.

It’s the offseason—— this is what we do on message boards in the offseason.  We watch, comment, predict and complain.  

No?  Yes.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s the offseason—— this is what we do on message boards in the offseason.  We watch, comment, predict and complain.  

No?  Yes.  

Sure, watch comment, predict and complain.

And sometimes go wildly overboard. Which is not unreasonable to point out. 

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

From the Bills past, James Lofton and Frank Lewis.

Never saw a lot of Lewis, but Lofton definitely.   So far, all of the comparisons are to Hall of Famers, which means we're dreaming or the Bills have someone really special. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Is this a bizarro conversation?  You've never heard announcers and analysts talk about smooth route running by a receiver?

I don't know whether analysts have used or not.   I want to know how you measure smooth, and how relevant it is to being a good receiver.   So far, the examples people have named are all Hall of Famers (except Frank Lewis), and it doesn't seem reasonable, at all, at this point in Kincaid's career to say that he has the same thing Rice, Marvin Harrison, Kelce, and James Lofton had.  As I mentioned, I think Shakir is smooth.  If I'm right about that, then smooth doesn't correlate with greatness, so why should I care that Kincaid's smooth?  

I've been on this and the Bills' message board for close to 20 years, and I don't recall people saying about anyone else that the reason he's good is because he's smooth.   But plenty of people are saying it about Kincaid.  

If the guy has good hands, runs good routes, and understands the offense, does it matter if he's smooth or whatever the opposite of smooth is (herky-jerky)?  

58 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cuts Like Diggs, Hands Like Fitzgerald, Speed Like Tyreek Hill, Strong Like Ox. Induct into HOF now. We have seen enough. 

Have they ever inducted a Hall of Famer after their rookie year?  I think Kincaid could be the first.  

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Never saw a lot of Lewis, but Lofton definitely.   So far, all of the comparisons are to Hall of Famers, which means we're dreaming or the Bills have someone really special. 

Lee Evans was smooth.  I thought Robert Woods was a smooth as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You have a problem with people being optimistic about our 1st round pick? That's really weird.

I like they pick. I think he can be a solid player. I am just not one to say wow, look he caught the ball and looked like no human ever on the planet. The dude has played like an NFL player should. He caught a few easy passes and ran until he was tackled. We are not even talking about him jumping over two guys, doing multiple flips and scoring. He literally caught quick slants vs a LB playing off in man coverage. Any TE on the Bills roster would have looked similar or they should be cut. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.