Titatn's Caleb Foley's house explodes!

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, I should have read more carefully.  Thought panthers cuz of where his home was.

I’m right by Knoxville in Tennessee so the story has been a little bigger here with him being on the Titans probably, I’ve seen it on my news feed a bunch. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Panthers?? He’s a Titan I believe.. 

And it’s gotta be really traumatic, I feel for him and the family 

He lost his mom to cancer at an early age, but you see that coming. This is like being the Powerball winner in reverse. The odds are incredible, but he didn’t even know there was a ticket. What shocking and painful news. Prayers for the family and friends. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m right by Knoxville in Tennessee so the story has been a little bigger here with him being on the Titans probably, I’ve seen it on my news feed a bunch. 

Just a horrible story.  Who the hell knows how to blow up a house like that?  Maybe it was a boiler but looks modern.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

That's the second one I saw in the past week or so. I think the other one was near Pittsburgh and caught on a Ring cam. 

Tragic. 

Was is something about oil drilling and uncapped wells? I caught just a bit of that. PA has had a lot of drilling! 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Was is something about oil drilling and uncapped wells? I caught just a bit of that. PA has had a lot of drilling! 

It destroyed like three houses around it and damaged a bunch of others, plus there are 6 dead from that one.

My first thought was a meth lab or something, but they are thinking a faulty water heater, but to have that level of devastation from a water heater explosion? That seems unlikely to me.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was in the middle of suburbia -  they suspected an issue with a hot water tank.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/pennsylvania-house-explosion-leaves-sixth-person-dead-from-injuries/

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

It destroyed like three houses around it and damaged a bunch of others, plus there are 6 dead from that one.

My first thought was a meth lab or something, but they are thinking a faulty water heater, but to have that level of devastation from a water heater explosion? That seems unlikely to me.

Probably not getting a meth lab in a $2Mil neighborhood, but you never really know. It was more than “just a water tank”, this would take a LOT of gas but the tank might have been the leak. 

I thought the recent explosion at another property was thought to be from old wells not properly capped, but that could be off. 

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

He lost his mom to cancer at an early age, but you see that coming. This is like being the Powerball winner in reverse. The odds are incredible, but he didn’t even know there was a ticket. What shocking and painful news. Prayers for the family and friends. 

I really liked him coming out of the draft too but it’s incredibly sad what he has gone through. Injuries and losing both his parents. Some people will just think of him as a 1st round bust but it’s so important to remember these guys are people too. I can’t imagine what he is going through and how much his faith is being tested right now. 

prayers to him and his family.  I really hope the future has good things in store for him. 

p.s. he’s on the titans. 

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Propane tanks can cause this in house outside of the city. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

That is awful. Lost his father in the accident too… idk if I could even rebuild there if it was me. Straight up relocate entirely. Not that it does much, but I hope for the best for this kid. What a tragedy.

His mother died in 2018, as well.

This kid has been through a lot. I hope his team can hold him up 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Good thought, but word around here (Pgh) is that it was neither of those things.  Sounds like a domestic gas leak perhaps.  

Note:  if you smell gas, get out ASAP and call 911.  

Not sure if there are natural gas alarms to notify of issues when sleeping.  EDIT:  looks like they exist.  May get one.  Type in natural gas alarm at Home Depot, etc.  

Just a terrible tragedy in both places. Prayers for all involved and their families, etc.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

After following our last house being built and all the incompetent idiots associated with the builder and contractors, I drive through my neighborhood in wonderment that every day a house doesn't explode, flood, or combust

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Quite the first thought. 

Awful for Farley and his family. 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

There was an explosion locally in Lisle, IL about 2 months ago and the suspected cause was a natural gas leak (I bet this one was the same reason). This can happen in this mannner: a natural gas leak in a house with closed windows will cause the house to fill up with gas. All it needs is an ignition source - a pilot flame in a gas stove or water heater . Then the entire house exploded like a bomb. 

Lessons to be learned - never ever ignore a natural gas leak however small. NG into the house is intentionally odorized to be detected by humans. But your nose can be desensitized soon so get it checked when's you start smelling something. 

Second lesson is to not have unlicensed repairmen do work on NG lines and appliances in your house 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.