How to with John Wilson - Bills Tailgating

BillsfaninSB

58 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I think it is pretty funny but I can understand if others don’t care for it.  Worth a watch. 

Here's one that's def worth a watch for anyone who never saw it before. The show was on Vice and is called Dead Set On Life featuring famous Fort Erie/Toronto chef Matty Matheson. He's a Bills fan and this episode is all about Buffalo food and Bills tailgating. Matty is also one of the characters on the hit Hulu show The Bear. It's like a 22 minute video, but worth every minute. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Here's one that's def worth a watch for anyone who never saw it before. The show was on Vice and is called Dead Set On Life featuring famous Fort Erie/Toronto chef Matty Matheson. He's a Bills fan and this episode is all about Buffalo food and Bills tailgating. Matty is also one of the characters on the hit Hulu show The Bear. It's like a 22 minute video, but worth every minute. 

Awesome clip!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I accidentally watched a season 1 episode thinking it was the most recent (the one you referenced). 
I generally like offbeat stuff, but his idiotic 3rd person narrative and whiny voice is annoying. 

His cluttered, filthy lifestyle and living conditions reminded why I never want to live in the NYC area. I could almost smell the mold and mildew in his apartment and the stench on the streets. 
Bold prediction: that guy will be in a Jared or Pee Wee type of tabloid scandal at some point. He reeks of the ‘creep factor’. 
Then I watched the episode with tailgating. Nothing we haven’t seen before. It was only a fraction of the entire episode since most of it was focused on a convention of vacuum cleaner collectors, almost exclusively males. 
I’m sure Wilson fit right in with that collection of misfits. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I accidentally watched a season 1 episode thinking it was the most recent (the one you referenced). 
I generally like offbeat stuff, but his idiotic 3rd person narrative and whiny voice is annoying. 

His cluttered, filthy lifestyle and living conditions reminded why I never want to live in the NYC area. I could almost smell the mold and mildew in his apartment and the stench on the streets. 
Bold prediction: that guy will be in a Jared or Pee Wee type of tabloid scandal at some point. He reeks of the ‘creep factor’. 
Then I watched the episode with tailgating. Nothing we haven’t seen before. It was only a fraction of the entire episode since most of it was focused on a convention of vacuum cleaner collectors, almost exclusively males. 

jeez man, who hurt you?

• Haha (+1) 3

ha i thought this video was awesome. Showed more than just Hammer's Lot (which we have seen a million times before). Actually showed people the area, with many of the local spots & food we cherish. Surprise shoutout to The Waiting Room & Every Time i Die.

Probably the best video i've ever seen on the BILLS tailgate experience. Wasnt just smashing thru tables & idiots setting themselves on fire.

Thanks for sharing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

That guy is on the TV show The Bear. He is hilarious.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Faks is a Bills fan, that's awesome! 

And totally explains why he sounds the most like he's from Chicago as anyone on dat show! Cause da Chicago accent is an old school Buffalo accent. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2023 at 5:48 AM, SoMAn said:

Lol.  I wouldn't go so far as to call him a future sex offender, but I otherwise agree with what you wrote.  I was intrigued to watch it based on the Bills angle and the fact that the show is produced by Nathan Fielder and I loved Nathan For You (The Rehearsal? Not quite as much).  This Wilson dude just comes off as very lame, but maybe that's the point and I'm just missing it?  Either way, I didn't find this episode very funny, entertaining or insightful.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

This Wilson dude just comes off as very lame, but maybe that's the point and I'm just missing it?  

Yes - it's part of his "thing" - just like Nathan Fielder's offbeat personality is part of his thing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.