**2023 degenerative gamblers thread **

Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Hoping to make a cool $750 today.

I love responsible betting. I started last year and I am slaying the house by sticking with relatively safe moneyline parlays. VERY little action on the spread because I think that's where people really get in trouble and a lot of luck comes into it.

It's VERY easy to make nice side money just by using your football knowledge to make smart picks. You just have to have self control and never bet anything that makes you uncomfortable.

What are your picks? I’ve got money line eagles jags and minny

Crazy how low scoring everything is so far. Been saying all off season, I think we're gunna see a small trend towards more running this year (as a league). Just a theory

More nickel than ever being ran. LBs get smaller every year. Rookies coming out have been geared towards the pass for most of their adult life. Less skilled/experienced working the run game.

Saw few teams last year serious about running and playing defense. Especially teams with bad to mid qbs. Think we trend back towards run a bit as a whole league this year

Just my (uneducated) theory lol 

Not sure where my post got moved to. But after getting pretty well smoked yesterday, I took my winning from the games I actually won and dropped it all on USC. Thank God it came through. Almost brought me back to even. So I let it rip on 6 games today.

Steelers +2.5 (looking like a big L)

Ravens -9.5

Tampa +5.5

Saints -3

Raiders +3.5

Seahawks-4.5

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Crazy how low scoring everything is so far. Been saying all off season, I think we're gunna see a small trend towards more running this year (as a league). Just a theory

More nickel than ever being ran. LBs get smaller every year. Rookies coming out have been geared towards the pass for most of their adult life. Less skilled/experienced working the run game.

Saw few teams last year serious about running and playing defense. Especially teams with bad to mid qbs. Think we trend back towards run a bit as a whole league this year

Just my (uneducated) theory lol 

ive said it since new jersey passed.  Fantasy football was a draft kings and fanduel fueled money maker.  The fantasy era is over, the nfl is trending back to the workhorse back.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

ive said it since new jersey passed.  Fantasy football was a draft kings and fanduel fueled money maker.  The fantasy era is over, the nfl is trending back to the workhorse back.  

Interesting. I'm not sure how they'd be connected enough to drive league direction, but I am intrigued on what you mean 🤔 

***on the gambling side of things I've got smoked two days in a row****

Fading me might give someone in here the best record out of all us Lol

I'm not blindly picking here, have a few strategies, clearly not working lol 

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Interesting. I'm not sure how they'd be connected enough to drive league direction, but I am intrigued on what you mean 🤔 

***on the gambling side of things I've got smoked two days in a row****

Fading me might give someone in here the best record out of all us Lol

I'm not blindly picking here, have a few strategies, clearly not working lol 

i didnt see your post to fade if I wanted to.  i'm treading on the lighter side early.  It's definitely a streaky game...no shame.... i had played the patriots and theyre down to 3.5, i'm going to tease them up with green bay and put a small ml parlay with gb and new england for half of what i'd get from the tease.  

• Agree 1

1 & 4 today

2 & 7 yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

i didnt see your post to fade if I wanted to.  i'm treading on the lighter side early.  It's definitely a streaky game...no shame.... i had played the patriots and theyre down to 3.5, i'm going to tease them up with green bay and put a small ml parlay with gb and new england for half of what i'd get from the tease.  

I'm gunna do some homework early next week. Make my picks early, post em here with how I arrived at em, and look for some old fashioned criticism lol

It's a harder hobby than anyone would know

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

1 & 4 today

2 & 7 yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm gunna do some homework early next week. Make my picks early, post em here with how I arrived at em, and look for some old fashioned criticism lol

It's a harder hobby than anyone would know

I don't even consider it a hobby during CFB ... This is like a second job and I'm very diligent 

And you need as much luck as knowledge sometimes... Even though I was extremely confident with my Oklahoma -16.5

I still needed a crazy fourth quarter and back door cover... I'm two plays the other way from losing

That's why most lose and few succeed ... It's a lot of work 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not sure where my post got moved to. But after getting pretty well smoked yesterday, I took my winning from the games I actually won and dropped it all on USC. Thank God it came through. Almost brought me back to even. So I let it rip on 6 games today.

Steelers +2.5 (looking like a big L)

Ravens -9.5

Tampa +5.5

Saints -3

Raiders +3.5

Seahawks-4.5

Saints coulda easily scored or kicked a fg to cover. But no, they wanted to play nice. *****!!! Lol

@BillsShredder83

If I could give you 1 piece of advice I would say you are betting too many games 

9 is a lot of games... And the oddsmakers are very good at what they do

I'm usually pretty comfortable with around four games a week in college...

Once you get to 6-7-8 games you're falling into the oddsmaker's hands

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

@BillsShredder83

If I could give you 1 piece of advice I would say you are betting too many games 

betting that many is an impossibility 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

@BillsShredder83

No doubt. I bet small So it's easier to fall in that trap!

I do kno it ain't helping but if $5-10 makes a bad mlb/college/nfl more fun than it's cheap entertainment.

I do want to get better but I'll proli always have a few too many. I'll focus my record on games I really did homework on versus, 'bored and over is more fun to bet' lol

I appreciate any help always. This is gunna be a cool group in here!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

No doubt. I bet small So it's easier to fall in that trap!

I do kno it ain't helping but if $5-10 makes a bad mlb/college/nfl more fun than it's cheap entertainment.

I do want to get better but I'll proli always have a few too many. I'll focus my record on games I really did homework on versus, 'bored and over is more fun to bet' lol

I appreciate any help always. This is gunna be a cool group in here!

I hear ya It makes less interesting games more fun 

I'm not opposed to 10-20 bucks on some crazy parlays ... We can talk some crazy long shots In here lol

Travis Hunter for Heisman ..  20 bucks nets like 1250

• Haha (+1) 1

im getting on the under 44.5.  I think this thing is about split on the side and maybe slightly to the Giants.  I'll hope i can get a better line on the cowboys live or at half.  But under is "the" play

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

im getting on the under 44.5.  I think this thing is about split on the side and maybe slightly to the Giants.  I'll hope i can get a better line on the cowboys live or at half.  But under is "the" play

oht... i got a 45, happy about that...under 45 i'm in. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I hear ya It makes less interesting games more fun 

I'm not opposed to 10-20 bucks on some crazy parlays ... We can talk some crazy long shots In here lol

Travis Hunter for Heisman ..  20 bucks nets like 1250

Reallyyyyyy?

Why wouldn't hunter be a legit candidate?

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Reallyyyyyy?

Why wouldn't hunter be a legit candidate?

He is but he still has longshot odds

That's why I think it's almost house money for 20 bucks to net 1250

He probably is the best player in the country

You can't make a better 20 dollar bet... If it doesn't hit, just 20 bucks... But the upside is great

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I had a $200 on bet on Ravens, Commanders and a few other parlays involving the same teams + Jaguars, Seahawks.

Things got way more nervy than I expected, but still a great day.

now nobody is saying we dont appreciate that you had a great day, but in the state of New York it's what they call a 'red board' if you dont say it BEFORE kickoff.  

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I had a $200 on bet on Ravens, Commanders and a few other parlays involving the same teams + Jaguars, Seahawks.

Things got way more nervy than I expected, but still a great day.

We got ourselves billy walters over here who posts wins after the games are over lol

22 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Today's plays

Ravens-9.5 .5units

**WIN .5units

Indy +3.5 .5 units

**LOSE .5 units lost the cover when Richardson got hurt and Minshew couldn't punch it in from the 2 smdh

Parlay Saints-3 +OVER41.5 .5units

**LOSE .5 units

Sunday Total: Down .5 units

Season total: Down 1.5 units

no wagers tonight so im on to next week

gl everyone

7 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

maybe it's the kool-aid, but I'm all over this as well.  I like it at 40 yards at +188 too.  This just seems like an ideal matchup for his skillset.  

I like Kincaid a lot tonight, too.  Been hearing the Jets LBs are not great cover guys.  Still like the matchup if they trot a nickel or safety across from DK as well.

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I had no idea this was frowned upon and honestly I don't really get it. People show winning bets on Twitter all the time

I'm not too up in arms LOL

But yes... Point of this thread is to make your pick before the games...  Because as I said in the original post

Let's separate the two Bills drive sharps from the marks

Keeping your record that you picked in this thread and making your pics was the original idea

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.