Should the “Bills Mafia” make the wall of fame or is it covered by the 12th man?

NC-billsfan!

I was watching local coverage of training camp and they mentioned how great the Bills Mafia were. Sean mentioned that it was really important for the young guys to get that exposure and see how they respond with fans in the house. Is the 12th man different than Bills Mafia or is it just an updated more specific name for our fans? Should it’s be reflected on the wall of fame? 

Edited by NC-billsfan!
  • Like (+1) 1

I think that they are referencing the exact same people. With that said, 12th Man is generic, and Bills Mafia has become known worldwide, and is fully embraced by not only the players on the team, but the team itself.

I would be in favor of them changing the 12th Man to Bills Mafia on the Wall of Fame 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 11

47 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

That’s what I was thinking. The 12th man is pretty generic, but not sure if it’s ok to take down the 12th man. Wonder what the plans are for the new stadium?

every player on the wall replaced by “O.J. SIMPSON”.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Don't mess with the 12th Man. It was the original fandom moniker and they "willed" some Bills victories over visiting teams. Broke NFL attendance records for 2nd smallest market. Seattle stole the name from us too.

Exactly.  Removing the 12th Man would be like tearing down a part of Bills history 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

That’s what I was thinking. The 12th man is pretty generic, but not sure if it’s ok to take down the 12th man. Wonder what the plans are for the new stadium?

Honestly I hope they lose the ring of honor, as if they keep it and OJ some how stays on people will b!tch, if they change 12th Man to Bills Mafia people will b!tch etc. etc.

51 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Don't mess with the 12th Man. It was the original fandom moniker and they "willed" some Bills victories over visiting teams. Broke NFL attendance records for 2nd smallest market. Seattle stole the name from us too.

To be fair, Texas A & M had it before the bills did so we stole it too.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Agreed, like you I’m the 12th man. I was in the stadium with you. I was an 8 year old when Leopold? Ended Miami’ s ten year streak. I feel like they might be two separate entities which is weird. I’ve been to epic games, goal post games, that’s the 12th man. I thin Bills Mafia is something different, something that evolved from the the 12th man.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I think that they are referencing the exact same people. With that said, 12th Man is generic, and Bills Mafia has become known worldwide, and is fully embraced by not only the players on the team, but the team itself.

I would be in favor of them changing the 12th Man to Bills Mafia on the Wall of Fame 

Bills Mafia is the commercial version of Bills fandom which had been going on for years.

Many fans are not comfortable being incorporated.

Put it on video board like other ads.

I think the 12th man came about for various reasons.

One the I can think of also is the game where the ref asked the crowd to quite down so they could here the play calls, and the ref said we will give the bills a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.  Which there is no rule for.  The crowd got quite for a second then got louder than ever.  Ref asked for quite again and the crowd got so loud they just continued.  The players were clapping 👏 at the crowd.  

It was during the Kelly years.  Someone here will remember that game.

I just remember when I got home

E I could not here much for 3 days.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I think the 12th man came about for various reasons.

One the I can think of also is the game where the ref asked the crowd to quite down so they could here the play calls, and the ref said we will give the bills a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty.  Which there is no rule for.  The crowd got quite for a second then got louder than ever.  Ref asked for quite again and the crowd got so loud they just continued.  The players were clapping 👏 at the crowd.  

It was during the Kelly years.  Someone here will remember that game.

I just remember when I got home

E I could not here much for 3 days.

Denver comeback game. Elway was clearly bothered by it and subsequently fumbled an exchange inside his own 5 yard line and the Bills recovered it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Fans are fans. There is reference and commemoration of all fans under the “12th player/man”… Bills Mafia is encompassed within that. 

Can’t see the need to differentiate between groups of people who share the same, albeit different severity of, passion. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.