Hard Knocks Jets

stevewin

42 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Unless injuries hit them hard, they will make the playoffs. They have a solid roster and even if Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore, he is still a massive upgrade over what they had last year. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills and Jets play 3 times this year.

Agree.  Add in the Dolphins and the AFC East is going to be a blood bath this year.  I could see all 3 teams making the playoffs

Just now, bills6969 said:

Agree.  Add in the Dolphins and the AFC East is going to be a blood bath this year.  I could see all 3 teams making the playoffs

I think one of them misses most likely Miami. The Bills and Jets have a huge advantage over the Dolphins at the most important position. 

53 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Unless injuries hit them hard, they will make the playoffs. They have a solid roster and even if Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore, he is still a massive upgrade over what they had last year. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills and Jets play 3 times this year.

I don't think its a slam dunk for them.

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Wouldnt shock me playoff teams

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

5 teams for 3 slots and 3 other teams that could be good enough to sneak in. The AFC is loaded with good teams with good QBs. Rodgers struggled a ton last year and missed the playoffs in an incredibly weak conference. The giants (and that team was badddddddd) were the 6th seed.

I'm very skeptical of Rodgers impact on the Jets. They will be better, but I could see them just thinking "oh we got rodgers, were in" and imploading. Their coaching is suspect at best

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

5 teams for 3 slots and 3 other teams that could be good enough to sneak in. The AFC is loaded with good teams with good QBs. Rodgers struggled a ton last year and missed the playoffs in an incredibly weak conference. The giants (and that team was badddddddd) were the 6th seed.

I'm very skeptical of Rodgers impact on the Jets. They will be better, but I could see them just thinking "oh we got rodgers, were in" and imploading. Their coaching is suspect at best

I will say the Jets defense is going to keep them in games and Rodgers with the weapons he has there will do a good enough job for them to make it to the playoffs. You are right the AFC is loaded and nothing is guaranteed and that goes for the Bills as well. The Jets defense is going to be one of the best if not the best defense the Bills will face this year. We will see week 1 just how good our revamped OL is. Big test right out of the gate.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Bought the hype huh?

7-10 is my prediction and starting off

0-4

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

Your legit playoff contenders list is bad

ravens (who may win their division with a healthy Jackson) and chargers are it on that list

everyone else is mediocre and won’t sniff it

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Bought the hype huh?

0-4

ravens (who may win their division with a healthy Jackson) and chargers are it on that list

I hope you are right, and they end up something like 7-10. But I think they get in as WC this year.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

Ya I think Pitt is super underrated and has a legit chance , I took them over 7.5 wins.

AFC north is going to be another competitive division 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Bought the hype huh?

0-4

The Steelers have never had a losing season under Tomlin and Pickett is gonna be a good one. I bet they make it this year

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

More than any other recent year, there is the slim possibility that the Jets or Dolphins could overtake us somehow. Can you imagine TBD if that happens??
Folks will be chanting for Beane and/or McDermott to go.  The only caveat would be if Allen was injured. 

(Any deniers - please see our game against Dolphins back up we almost lost) 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:26 PM, BillMafia716ix said:

Hard Knocks has been this way for a while now. Teams don’t want to show the real stuff that goes on behind the scenes. 

Couldn't disagree more.

Isn't the most recent series with the Lions?  That wasn't like what you describe at all.

I am actually routinely impressed with what ends up on air.  I'm surprised the GMs and coaches would allow a camera anywhere near their offices or meeting rooms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Isn't the most recent series with the Lions?  That wasn't like what you describe at all.

I am actually routinely impressed with what ends up on air.  I'm surprised the GMs and coaches would allow a camera anywhere near their offices or meeting rooms.

You must of just started watching bc hard knocks use to be way more in depth. Been watching since the 2000 Ravens. 

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Division winners

Bills

Cinci

Jags

Chiefs

Legit Playoff contenders

Chargers

Miami

Jets

Steelers

Ravens

Pats*

Titans

Broncos

Rogers is joining  a team a team that lost it last 6, 7 of its last 8, 8 of its last 10.  In other words, a suspect team with suspect coaching.  The Jets are no lock for the playoffs.  Rogers is no lock to be better than his mediocre performance last year.  I think the Jets are a 9 and 8 team at best.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Gregg said:

Lets say we have a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years. Has 7 consecutive losing seasons. Finished last in the division 6 out of 7 years including 3 straight. 

They end up signing a 39 year old QB who did not make the playoffs his previous season. Who has not made a Super Bowl in 12 years. 

Now you're free to talk about the roster. How Aaron Rogers is a former MVP. But if the Jets are as good as people think it would fall much more in the area of unlikely than if they aren't. Teams are not built on paper. 

You want free money? Take the Bills and the points Week 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:35 PM, Blank Stare said:

Just watched. Not sure I can make it through the full season of hard knocks. 

I just watched the first episode, that’s enough for me. Can’t stand that team and Salah is unbearable to listen to to, what a tool. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.