Players already disliking Bienemy…

LabattBlue

What a shocker 😮. Cmon after watching “Quarterback” on Netflix it was completely obvious he was not the play caller and really didn’t have much say in KC. Matt Nagy was making the calls and he is now the OC again in KC. They got much better. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

That offense is going to be really bad and nobody should be surprised at all.

It is, but they aren't doing him any favors with Howell expected to start. Either way, he's likely one and done there. My money is on Ron Rivera being the first coach "relieved of his duties" this season. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It is, but they aren't doing him any favors with Howell expected to start. Either way, he's likely one and done there. My money is on Ron Rivera being the first coach "relieved of his duties" this season. 

I think that was the plan all along. Sneak Beinamy in as HC when Ribera is let go after a rough season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, wppete said:

I think that was the plan all along. Sneak Beinamy in as HC when Ribera is let go after a rough season. 

Well, I think if Ron is let go, that may have been the plan. Give him an audition as IHC. However, if EB is already not well liked it's going to go even further south of they do that in my opinion. Switching from a well liked Rivera to an already not liked Beinemy would destroy that locker room.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Interesting.

McDermott, and other coaches have stressed that you have to "get to know players and care about them as people, before the players listen to what you say to them as a coach."  One thing I was fascinated by was Daboll's progress from a first year OC, very terse, calling players out a bit in his press conferences (not by name, but when you talk about "we can't have problems with the QB-C exchange" it's clear who you're talking about, and when Beasley tipped up a low ball and it was picked on the deflection "maybe the throw is a little low, you still have to catch it" that's clear too.  By his second year he was much more protective of his players to the press, and also much more relaxed and affable dealing with the press, asking them how they were, etc etc.  And his press conferences became less adversarial.

I knew a coaches kid from Dick Vermeil's Rams, and he talked about how impressed he was just after his father was hired, when he walked into the practice facility for the first time and Vermeil greeted him by name, asked how his grade in school was going, and if he'd found a band yet (he was a musician).  Vermeil used to send his assistants to Dale Carnegie classes to improve their people skills if he thought it was needed.

So this from Rivera:

"As a coach, I have to assimilate and get a feel for everybody," Rivera said. "Eric has an approach and it's the way he does things and it's not going to change because he believes in it. [Defensive coordinator] Jack [Del Rio] has his approach. Having been a head coach, I think Jack has a tendency to try to figure guys out a little bit more as opposed to, 'Hey, this is it, this is the way it's going to be,' that type of stuff. Eric hasn't had that experience yet."

Perhaps that "this is it, this is the way it's going to be" from Bienemy is part of the reason why

Bieniemy has interviewed for a head-coaching position 15 times but has yet to land that job.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 7

You mean to tell me if you follow all the smoke long enough, you'll find a fire? Truly shocking!

I really thought that literally half the league (well 15 teams per article) decided to gang up and not hire him, for no reason at all?!?!

The days of getting a HC job by being the biggest blowhard are long gone. 

With the McDaniels, McVays, and Kyle Shanahans of the league rising up, is anyone surprised that waterboarding your guys with vinegar isnt catching any flys lol the fact that he can't evolve with the trend tells me (and 15 teams) that he's too dug in to change.  The games changing more then ever, you need to be able to adapt better. 

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, I think if Ron is let go, that may have been the plan. Give him an audition as IHC. However, if EB is already not well liked it's going to go even further south of they do that in my opinion. Switching from a well liked Rivera to an already not liked Beinemy would destroy that locker room.

But we do know what all the talking heads on ESPN and other places have been telling us for 3-4 years why EB wasn’t hired. They were pushing a ridiculous narrative and maybe now we know that all these owners and GMs really knew what was the truth. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Who knows? They were .500 last year and have some very good talent. I have no idea how they'll do. I won't be shocked if they go 5-11 and I won't be shocked if they go 10-7.

In that division and with their QBs?  I'd say ~.500 is about the best they can hope for again.

Edited by Doc

7 minutes ago, Jukester said:

So a bunch of coddled young nfl players can’t handle a hard nosed coach who sets a high bar and rides their soft asses. Got it. 

Even if this analysis is correct, who cares whos wrong?  You can be right all you want, but its going to do any good if you cant get anyone to buy in.  Are his odds better at changing the entire league, or him adapting to something that works. Why try to be smarter when you can just yell louder lol would anyone on this board want a boss like that? Is a boss like that going to make you better or disgruntled

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, wppete said:

What a shocker 😮. Cmon after watching “Quarterback” on Netflix it was completely obvious he was not the play caller and really didn’t have much say in KC. Matt Nagy was making the calls and he is now the OC again in KC. They got much better. 

Nagy isn't and never was the play caller in KC either.  It's always been Reid.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Howell showed some promise. I’m def keeping an eye on him this year. 

26 minutes ago, wppete said:

But we do know what all the talking heads on ESPN and other places have been telling us for 3-4 years why EB wasn’t hired. They were pushing a ridiculous narrative and maybe now we know that all these owners and GMs really knew what was the truth. 

It may very well be that Bienemy learned his intensity from Andy Reid, and that it's been a factor in the Chiefs offensive success, and that it's been lacking in Washington, and their offense will benefit from his approach.

2 different things can both be true.   

There could be legitimate concerns resulting in Bienemy not being seen as the best guy for a HC job.

It can also be true that there's a double standard, and that the same concerns would be overlooked in a different candidate with similar experience/qualifiications are perceived as eliminating a man of color.

This piece is about how the same traits are perceived differently in men vs women, but if you care, you can substitute a few words and figure it out.

"How To Tell A Businessman From A Businesswoman"

A businessman is aggressive; a businesswoman is pushy.
He is assertive; she is confrontational.
He is detail oriented; she is picky.
He loses his temper because he's so invested in his job; she's bitchy.
He's persistent; she doesn't know when to quit.
He's firm; she's inflexible.
He makes judgments; she reveals prejudices.
He says what he thinks; she's opinionated.
He exercises authority; she's tyrannical.
He's discreet; she's secretive.
He's a stern taskmaster; she's difficult to work for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With new ownership it’s a given. They’ll be competing for Caleb Williams.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.