What was the best decade in your opinion?

BillsPride12

I caught the tail end of it, but the 70s are always going to be my favorite.  The music was fantastic; bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, and Led Zeppelin were in their primes... even the themes to TV shows were amazing.  This was also the decade that consumer electronics really took off.  As a kid there was nothing more fun to me than electronic games - we fought over handheld Coleco soccer and Mattel football, and when the first kids started getting Ataris they had half the neighborhood in their living room.  Throw in memories of my dad rocking those big Elvis sideburns, and the 70s is an easy pick for me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I choose the 70's. It was the decade wherein I  was a foreign exchange student sponsored by the Rotary Club in Oruro Bolivia for a calendar year

That experience was Magnifico and it allowed me to become bi-lingual.

The 70's for me were filled with soulful beautiful music country rock concerts,  school, camping,  moving to CO ...Major Life chit.

The Bicentennial  was rad.  Concerts at Rich Stadium were the bomb too. Many of us remember those I'm sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

90s.  I was in my late teens/early 20s.  I think most people will say that this age in their life will be their favorite decade.    

The 90s would be my pick too but they were actually my childhood years.  I still had a blast in my late teens/early 20s but the 90s were a better decade than the 2000s in my opinion.  The last decade before technology took over society but we still had home computers and video games growing up.  We had the perfect mix of good toys and video games but still went outside and rode bikes down dirt hills, built forts, played tag etc. The 90s were also a great decade for sports, music, television.

The 70s were before my time but I would have loved to have grown up then too so glad to see people going that route.  Had a feeling that would be a popular choice.  Dazed and Confused is one of my favorite movies and have always had an appreciation for that time period as well as the late 60s

Edited by BillsPride12

2 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I caught the tail end of it, but the 70s are always going to be my favorite.  The music was fantastic; bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, and Led Zeppelin were in their primes... even the themes to TV shows were amazing.  This was also the decade that consumer electronics really took off.  As a kid there was nothing more fun to me than electronic games - we fought over handheld Coleco soccer and Mattel football, and when the first kids started getting Ataris they had half the neighborhood in their living room.  Throw in memories of my dad rocking those big Elvis sideburns, and the 70s is an easy pick for me

If 1966-1975 was a decade, that would be hands down the best decade of music ever.  70s faded in the second half IMO with more Journey/Foreigner/REO/Supertramp type bands.  Led had released I, II, III, IV all by 1971.

Edited by Mark80
  • Agree 1

The 1770s.  The aesthetic was unrivaled.  People had style and shame back then.  Powdered wigs, high heels, knickers that went up to your neck.  Everyone was dressed up everywhere they went and you weren't staring at someone's ass crack at colonial Wal Mart. Mozart was rocking out and melting faces.  There were few worries beside pirates, indians, and syphilis.  Labor was "cheap".  People were just starting to think about democracy and human rights but it was still another century before all that woke crap spoiled the party.   

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The 1770s.  The aesthetic was unrivaled.  People had style and shame back then.  Powdered wigs, high heels, knickers that went up to your neck.  Everyone was dressed up everywhere they went and you weren't staring at someone's ass crack at colonial Wal Mart. Mozart was rocking out and melting faces.  There were few worries beside pirates, indians, and syphilis.  Labor was "cheap".  People were just starting to think about democracy and human rights but it was still another century before all that woke crap spoiled the party.   

I think they just dressed the part of Miss Prim Proper. they did their shameless hussy type deeds in SECRET . Totally on the down low. Sneakily Shameless.

beyond that though this is one of your most fun posts ever.   Cheers.

Does '89-'94 count as a decade?  The Bills being ****ing stunning was just a part of it.  My team rocked, life was good, music Finally beat the **** out of all the horrors of the 1980's.  The better stuff seemed a bit dark- but the vibe was totally optimistic behind that.

The only time I'd maybe trade for that was the moment 'You Really Got Me' needle-dropped on the airwaves.  There was no music that couldn't be made from that instant on- God I would've loved to be a DJ dropping that album on the listening audience, and how exciting all these new genres of music must've sounded... The mid to late 60's, and some of the early 60's too, seems like an amazing time to experience who we are.  

... and that's what it's all about!

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Does '89-'94 count as a decade?  The Bills being ****ing stunning was just a part of it.  My team rocked, life was good, music Finally beat the **** out of all the horrors of the 1980's.  The better stuff seemed a bit dark- but the vibe was totally optimistic behind that.

The only time I'd maybe trade for that was the moment 'You Really Got Me' needle-dropped on the airwaves.  There was no music that couldn't be made from that instant on- God I would've loved to be a DJ dropping that album on the listening audience, and how exciting all these new genres of music must've sounded... The mid to late 60's, and some of the early 60's too, seems like an amazing time to experience who we are.  

... and that's what it's all about!

The first half of the 90s did feel like a completely separate decade from the second half I'll give you that

Personally it was the 60’s when I was a carefree kid who was happy playing with my friends, riding my bike, and playing with my Hot Wheels and GI Joes. But I also remember seeing the Vietnam War and racial inequality on tv like it was a normal thing, so not for the country.

For the country I’d say the 90’s when there was relative peace and prosperity, and the Congress and Supreme Court had a majority of moderates willing to work together and compromise.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

1990s.

Economy was strong and the US had no government debt by the end of it compared to today.  

A good time for movies, music, and sports in general.  Society wasn’t as PC back then and or as glued into technology.

We had a budget surplus, but there was still trillions of dollars in government debt back then. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.