What was the best decade in your opinion?

BillsPride12

This is very biased - but I grew up in the '70s, and it was glorious.  Post war, great vibe, classic music. I even appreciate disco now.

But more than anything, it was the future outlook.  My vision of things to come was based on "The Jetsons."  A really clean future, where everyone was prosperous, and things like racism & poverty didn't exist.  

It's obviously veered from that since that time. I think kids growing up now are probably much more pessimistic about where we're headed, but for that decade, everything was all out in front of us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

This is very biased - but I grew up in the '70s, and it was glorious.  Post war, great vibe, classic music. I even appreciate disco now.

But more than anything, it was the future outlook.  My vision of things to come was based on "The Jetsons."  A really clean future, where everyone was prosperous, and things like racism & poverty didn't exist.  

It's obviously veered from that since that time. I think kids growing up now are probably much more pessimistic about where we're headed, but for that decade, everything was all out in front of us.

I'm sure that's true and why wouldn't they be with the state of things nowadays, that's also a very sad commentary on modern society 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.