Hot Diggity!

Beck Water

41 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And why do you just assume there will be another early playoff loss?

That's not what I said. I'm saying if our season ends the way the last two did I don't believe it will really be water under the bridge at that point. Diggs is unapologetic about the way he acted in the days and months after our divisional loss. That tells me in his mind his behavior and attitude were warranted. So what has changed?

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That's not what I said. I'm saying if our season ends the way the last two did I don't believe it will really be water under the bridge at that point. Diggs is unapologetic about the way he acted in the days and months after our divisional loss. That tells me in his mind his behavior and attitude were warranted. So what has changed?

He was publicly unapologetic. No matter what we think of his behavior during and after that last game, he doesn’t need to offer a public apology for anything. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Interesting Bills got embarrassed by Bungles,  for a variety of reasons... some imo appeared hung over from Hamlin incident understandable... but not Diggs who remained focused... I wonder if McD lost his mojo and Diggs did not and got frustrated... Diggs has a singular focus and didnt get the emotional burn out of some of his teammates and coaches... 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I wouldn't bet the farm that the script didn't go the other way  - that McD said some things that Diggs took offense to and Diggs left in a snit, leaving McD concerned.

In reality, I imagine it went both ways

This is more likely.

Anyway, Diggs said all the platitudes expected of him today, all cliches were mentioned.  Issue is put to rest with this (non revelatory) performance.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

He was publicly unapologetic. No matter what we think of his behavior during and after that last game, he doesn’t need to offer a public apology for anything. 

Trust me, he was unapologetic behind the scenes too. That's per my usual source. Not that anyone on the team asked him to apologize. But Diggs clearly does not believe his behavior over the past few months was wrong. In his mind it was justified because of his frustration. He said as much in his presser today, it's no big secret.

So as far as I can tell the problem is still there under the surface. Diggs is not going to cause any issues right now, he's putting last year behind him. But if he still thinks losing like we did to end last season justifies the way he acted, why should we expect anything different if this season ends in similar fashion? It's not about apologizing. It's about his behavior in the face of adversity.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Trust me, he was unapologetic behind the scenes too. That's per my usual source. Not that anyone on the team asked him to apologize. But Diggs clearly does not believe his behavior over the past few months was wrong. In his mind it was justified because of his frustration. He said as much in his presser today, it's no big secret.

So as far as I can tell the problem is still there under the surface. Diggs is not going to cause any issues right now, he's putting last year behind him. But if he still thinks losing like we did to end last season justifies the way he acted, why should we expect anything different if this season ends in similar fashion? It's not about apologizing. It's about his behavior in the face of adversity.

I don’t doubt your source but I do not think they are privy to every single conversation that have occurred between Diggs and Allen/McDermott/Dorsey since January.

And even if he didn’t apologize for, whatever, I didn’t have a problem with him in that game anyways. I was more concerned with Allen staring off into space on the bench (during the game) like he just had to put his dog down or something. 

So yeah - Diggs being expressive and emotional on the field, on the sidelines during games - that’s probably not going to change. I have no problem with it. Maybe you do and your “source” does but it’s pretty clear by now that’s who he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

John Wawrow:

🤦‍♂️

(that's the exchange that led to Diggs saying to Wawrow "Just ask the question, please.  Thank you."

Diggs was in midseason form for this press conference. Incredibly charismatic. Said a LOT without actually revealing much. Damn near perfect. Had some fun with the aforementioned JW in a way I found refreshing. Chef's kiss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

If they play like that in a playoff game again I have to imagine Diggs will absolutely act like that again and he’ll be gone… can’t say I’d blame him though if they do throw up another gigantic stinker in another big playoff game. 

I think if it happens again, then we'd all hopefully realize Stefon Diggs has been right all along. Can't lose in the playoffs for a 5th straight season, with this team, without lighting ***** on fire.

• Agree 3

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

I think if it happens again, then we'd all hopefully realize Stefon Diggs has been right all along.

I don't know about all along, but he was right last year.

That team was intimated by the Bengals and deserved to be told so.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they play like that in a playoff game again I have to imagine Diggs will absolutely act like that again and he’ll be gone… can’t say I’d blame him though if they do throw up another gigantic stinker in another big playoff game. 

Did you get an erection typing this scenario out?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

So yeah - Diggs being expressive and emotional on the field, on the sidelines during games - that’s probably not going to change.

He also spent the next month after that loss going on the media circuit talking s*** about the team and generally making an a** of himself. I'm not afraid to call that behavior what it is. Unprofessional, selfish, counterproductive. I love Diggs the football player. Diggs the teammate has gotten on my nerves. He also has not been to any non-mandatory offseason events, not a one. Allen and many of his pass catchers were working out together in California last week to prepare for training camp. Guess who didn't make it? Diggs missed all of OTAs which normally I don't care about but in context of everything else going on it sticks out. He missed day one of mandatory minicamp, excused or otherwise.

So after a highly tumultuous offseason, I see that most of the fanbase is saying "nothing to see here" because of one press conference where basically none of these issues were addressed. I just can't force myself to pretend I don't see cracks in the foundation. I'm highly confident that if our season goes well Diggs won't be a problem. Anything short of that I will be surprised if he doesn't make it a problem. It's who he is.

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't know about all along, but he was right last year.

That team was intimated by the Bengals and deserved to be told so.

But he expressed his frustration in the wrong way (or at least, the wrong way to some people) so he must be held over the coals some more. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He also spent the next month after that loss going on the media circuit talking s*** about the team and generally making an a** of himself. I'm not afraid to call that behavior what it is. Unprofessional, selfish, counterproductive. I love Diggs the football player. Diggs the teammate has gotten on my nerves. He also has not been to any non-mandatory offseason events, not a one. Allen and many of his pass catchers were working out together in California last week to prepare for training camp. Guess who didn't make it? Diggs missed all of OTAs which normally I don't care about but in context of everything else going on it sticks out. He missed day one of mandatory minicamp, excused or otherwise.

So after a highly tumultuous offseason, I see that most of the fanbase is saying "nothing to see here" because of one press conference where basically none of these issues were addressed. I just can't force myself to pretend I don't see cracks in the foundation. I'm highly confident that if our season goes well Diggs won't be a problem. Anything short of that I will be surprised if he doesn't make it a problem. It's who he is.

yeah well maybe just get rid of him then. Let’s see how they fare. Making an a** out of himself? How so?

Personally your moralizing is getting annoying so I’ll just leave it there. 

13 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

But he expressed his frustration in the wrong way (or at least, the wrong way to some people) so he must be held over the coals some more. 

If it was happening every other week, it'd be a problem.

But he could have walked up and down the sideline punching guys in the first qrtr of that game and I wouldn't have given him any shlt about it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When exactly did he do that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.