Monday night raw Buffalo

Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

giphy.gif

Hmmm.  Maybe this is why no one seems to ever get a concussion or be seriously hurt when a table gets broken over their heads.

Not that anyone is suggesting it's not fake, but if guys this big and strong were actually FIGHTING for real and doing the stuff they do, these guys would be crippled rather quickly.  

I went through a phase where I loved pro wrestling, probably around when I was 10-12 years old, then I outgrew it.

I have no idea how adults watch this crap, and actually get into it. But if it's what YOU enjoy, then have fun with it!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Hmmm.  Maybe this is why no one seems to ever get a concussion or be seriously hurt when a table gets broken over their heads.

Not that anyone is suggesting it's not fake, but if guys this big and strong were actually FIGHTING for real and doing the stuff they do, these guys would be crippled rather quickly.  

I went through a phase where I loved pro wrestling, probably around when I was 10-12 years old, then I outgrew it.

I have no idea how adults watch this crap, and actually get into it. But if it's what YOU enjoy, then have fun with it!

You do realize lots of adults are taking kids 

Edited by Buffalo716

My son went through a phase of watching WWE religiously when he was around 7-9 years old. It culminated in us going to see RAW in Manchester. He grew out of it pretty quickly. 

I enjoyed the live shows (WWE Live as well as the episode of RAW) but that was mainly due to Mickey James being there. 

I grew up a huge wrestling fan during the 90s heyday(ok so 93-95ish was actually pretty bad but as a kid I didn't know any better) but eventually grew out of it.  But it was always one of those things I like from a Nostalgia standpoint.  I don't follow it now but would occasionally go to the live shows in my 20s with friends who were also "wrestling guys".  I haven't been to Raw in probably over a decade but thinking it would be fun to take my nephews now when they get a little older.  Were there any Bills players in attendance?  

Went with my uncle. Overall it was entertaining and had a decent time. But holy cow the commercials, replays and the however many different cams they would do. Dx cam, you can't see me cam, universe cam, we need to fill 5 more mins cam. Felt like we went to the arena to watch a show on the jumbotron at times. 

51 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I grew up a huge wrestling fan during the 90s heyday(ok so 93-95ish was actually pretty bad but as a kid I didn't know any better) but eventually grew out of it.  But it was always one of those things I like from a Nostalgia standpoint.  I don't follow it now but would occasionally go to the live shows in my 20s with friends who were also "wrestling guys".  I haven't been to Raw in probably over a decade but thinking it would be fun to take my nephews now when they get a little older.  Were there any Bills players in attendance?  

Looked where they normally sit and didn't see anyone. Don't recall them being shown on tv either which they normally do if they're there..

• Like (+1) 1

I went through a stretch in college or so for about 3-5 years that I watched a lot/followed WWF.  It was probably during the most prime years (about 1999-2002-2003).  It was great entertainment.   It is/was fake, but man those guys took risks and put their health on the line.  Many wrestlers died young or are disabled to some degree.  That isn't fake.

ECW was also ridiculous fun to watch late night on Empire Sports Network in the mid 90s.

It got super repetitive and predictable though and I got bucked off.  I have tried to watch it a few times in recent years, but I just can't.  It is very bland, very stretched out, they play it very safe, etc.  I think my 10 year old kid may get exposed to it soon, we will see if he drags me into it for a stretch.  

I went to an indy promotion in the fall at riverworks.  That was really awesome.  Its cheesy, sleazy, and all that... but that is what is great about it.  Go with friends, pound beers, get into it.... and its a riot.  I have a friend who is a pro wrestler on Canadian circuits and he does amazing stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I went through a stretch in college or so for about 3-5 years that I watched a lot/followed WWF.  It was probably during the most prime years (about 1999-2002-2003).  It was great entertainment.   It is/was fake, but man those guys took risks and put their health on the line.  Many wrestlers died young or are disabled to some degree.  That isn't fake.

ECW was also ridiculous fun to watch late night on Empire Sports Network in the mid 90s.

It got super repetitive and predictable though and I got bucked off.  I have tried to watch it a few times in recent years, but I just can't.  It is very bland, very stretched out, they play it very safe, etc.  I think my 10 year old kid may get exposed to it soon, we will see if he drags me into it for a stretch.  

I went to an indy promotion in the fall at riverworks.  That was really awesome.  Its cheesy, sleazy, and all that... but that is what is great about it.  Go with friends, pound beers, get into it.... and its a riot.  I have a friend who is a pro wrestler on Canadian circuits and he does amazing stuff.

You ever watch Dark Side of the Ring. They are episodes of wrestlers that show their rise and eventually decline in the business. Those are some pretty interesting shows.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

In a box I believe … not down on the floor

Knox would be great for a ring size spot

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.