McDermott a guest at Sabres dev camp

PromoTheRobot

Just now, without a drought said:

McDermott didn't look too good out there on D.

He is giving Granato advice on how to blow the lead with 13 seconds left and the faceoff in the opponents end of the ice.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

In case you don't follow the Sabres closely, here's their #1 pick from the draft at camp today.

I pretty much gave up on Hockey when the alleged totally arbitrary system of draft selections cost the Sabres Connor McDavid.

Similar to the farce with the NBA and Webanmaya (?) magically going to San Antonio,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I pretty much gave up on Hockey when the alleged totally arbitrary system of draft selections cost the Sabres Connor McDavid.

Similar to the farce with the NBA and Webanmaya (?) magically going to San Antonio,

Tage Thompson is already one of the best forwards in the game. The Sabres have a solid young core to build around. Unless the injury bug hits this team will be playing playoff hockey next spring. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Hey they still got Stanley cup champion Jack Eichel

😠 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

And Patrick Ewing going to the Knicks  via the cold envelope

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You might want to get back into the Sabres. They are going to be enjoyable to watch.

• Agree 5

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You might want to get back into the Sabres. They are enjoyable to watch.

Fixed it for you. 
Even though they didn’t make the playoffs last season (one win away), they were widely considered to be one of if not the most fun to watch teams.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I totally understand where you’re coming from we lost Connor McDavid and the Jack Eichel second choice attitude wise was really never committed to Buffalo like Connor McDavid would have been. It was really cruel what happened here in Buffalo no one gave Buffalo Sabres fans the choice to tank that was PSE short sighted decision. PSE never thought what if one of the players didn’t want to really come here to Buffalo. PSE thought wrongly once Jack Eichel got to Buffalo PSE would win him over with there understanding and a whole lot of money. The only thing is there are a lot of choices in a 32 team NHL compared to a 18 team NHL when I first started as a Buffalo Sabres fan your only choice was the 14 team WHA. So definitely in the 1970’s Terry Pegula’s plan would have worked. But today with Sun Belt markets in the NHL now knocking the Buffalo Sabres house down and completely start building a new house again wasn’t a great idea. Buffalo having the limitations we had took years to get back to where we are before the tank now. I was critical of the Buffalo Sabres tank from day one and if the Buffalo Sabres ever do a ridiculous plan like that to tank again Buffalo might not have a NHL team in Buffalo anymore next time. Because the Buffalo Sabres paid a huge price we lost several thousand season memberships probably gone for good one of the many reasons was because of that tank failure of Jack Eichel in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Fixed it for you. 
Even though they didn’t make the playoffs last season (one win away), they were widely considered to be one of if not the most fun to watch teams.

The Sabres in 2023-24 will be like the Devils were in 2022-23. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres finish in the top 3 in the division. The Lightning are getting old and have lost some key players in recent years. The B's will probably regress from last season's record-breaking regular season. How could they not but they will still finish with over 100 points. The Leafs unfortunately are really good. I think the Sabres could finish ahead of the Lightning and Panthers and end up in the 2 vs 3 Atlantic matchup. If not, they will grab one of the two WC spots.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Mcdermott sucks.  Jauron had a good season without an elite QB too

Dick didn’t make the playoffs with a second rate QB, so Sean doesn’t suck as much as Dick did,  ah, the good old days when we had to review the film to address the short comings, “its hard to win in the NFL”.  😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.