The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

The Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Inspired by a response, just curious... the Bills losing four straight Super Bowls: Do you consider that to be bad?

I have a question.  Rather than struggling all of these years never actually winning the super bowl game, can the Bills be considered Super Bowl Champions, simply by identifying as such.  Could anyone stop the Bills from raising a Super Bowl Champions banner has part of the ceremony opening the new stadium? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Awful is being terrible and having nothing to root for for 17 straight years. 

Awful is losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. 

I was an elementary school kid in Maryland that had to deal with Washington, Giants and Cowboys fans.

Unpleasant core memories...

Edited by Chicken Boo

30 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

One of my teachers said "the worst sex he ever had was.... wonderful."  Definitely a guy perspective.  I think this is related.

`Was it bad? Was it good?   Like sex, the foreplay is very enjoyable and fun, but if the act is not completed, it sucks.

7 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have always said I just want 1 more trip the the SB, just one!

The Bills will probably win it if they get in again. Of the 12 teams who have been to at least five Super Bowls, they all have at least two wins. And of the 16 teams who have been to at least four Super Bowls, 14 have at least one win. This could very well bode well for the Bills next time.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I have a question.  Rather than struggling all of these years never actually winning the super bowl game, can the Bills be considered Super Bowl Champions, simply by identifying as such.  Could anyone stop the Bills from raising a Super Bowl Champions banner has part of the ceremony opening the new stadium? 

Great idea!

29 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I was an elementary school kid in Maryland that had to deal with Washington, Giants and Cowboys fans.

I dealt with fans acting like elementary kids - they dumped red and yellow tempura paint all over my car and I was on a military installation.

They cursed themselves and have not been back since. 

Then curse was doubled with $nyder who was first owner who required people to (directly) pay for tickets for practices.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Until the Bills win the Super Bowl, I don't think I will ever get over 13 seconds. To this day I still can't believe they lost that game. 

I'd say that was right up there with the Oilers blowing a 35-3 lead as the worst loss in NFL playoff history.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They were my soph- senior HS and freshman year college-  I was in New Paltz Ny at the time-  all giants and cowboy fan.

I thought they were 4 amazing years of football-  I enjoyed the **** out of it until the SBs.  I didn’t enjoy much over the next 20+ years.  

8 hours ago, nucci said:

That was me....I wasn't saying those times weren't great. I lived in Buffalo and had tickets then. I also went to the first 3 Superbowls,  but how can you say those Superbowl losses weren't bad? We lost 4 Superbowls. How  can that be anything but bad?

No one is going to 4 Superbowls in a row, no one!

Thank you all for your responses and thoughtful answers!

I am 50 years old, so at the beginning of the Super Bowl run I was 17. Although the results were bad, I don't consider those years bad... it was an awesome time and it was so fun to be a Bills fan, long before instant opinion social media sapped a lot of the fun away.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nucci said:

That was me....I wasn't saying those times weren't great. I lived in Buffalo and had tickets then. I also went to the first 3 Superbowls,  but how can you say those Superbowl losses weren't bad? We lost 4 Superbowls. How  can that be anything but bad?

Losing sucks. Losing hurts. Losing is bad.... period!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.