Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Lindy's 64 I think he's only here for 2 or 3 years MAX(could be a one and done possibly) I think he can be the bridge guy that brings the franchise back to respectability and gets them in the playoffs but agreed then they will need to find the guy that can really navigate them to a Cup contending team. 

Yeah,  ultimately I just question if a team will buy into him for any sustained period of time now because in the locker room you are what your record says you are.........and his record says "not a capable championship coach".    Fair or unfair,  young men in pro sports see things in black and white like that.   Pegula and Adams just gotta' know that coming in to avoid wasting more seasons.

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah,  ultimately I just question if a team will buy into him for any sustained period of time now because in the locker room you are what your record says you are.........and his record says "not a capable championship coach".    Fair or unfair,  young men in pro sports see things in black and white like that.   Pegula and Adams just gotta' know that coming in to avoid wasting more seasons.

I dunno…you can make an argument the Sabres could/should have won two Cups with Lindy, and his overall playoff record is over .500.  Is he an “exciting” hire around the league?  Probably not.  But I really do think he’s the perfect guy for this job at this time, and I absolutely believe players will buy in to his message.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

I dunno…you can make an argument the Sabres could/should have won two Cups with Lindy, and his overall playoff record is over .500.  Is he an “exciting” hire around the league?  Probably not.  But I really do think he’s the perfect guy for this job at this time, and I absolutely believe players will buy in to his message.

While this past year in NJ was disappointing, he did have a great year before that. Even upset the Rags in the playoffs and got them into the 2nd round. At this point the Sabres just need to make the playoffs. If they win or lose in the first round doesn't matter. Right now, Sabres fans just want a good regular season that gets them into the playoffs. Ruff can get them there. The Sabres do have talent as last year's 93 points season proved.

I'm unhappy with the hire, but Lindy can be serviceable for a couple of years.

There's no long game here and we will need to move on from him sooner than later; as long as we do that, I'm OK with it.

I knew they would do this when they retained some of the assistant coaches.

Adams claims he looked at "double digits" of candidates; I find that hard to believe.

This is who he wanted all along.

the proof will be in the pudding. All of his past woulda coulda shouldas are just that, the past. He has a fresh start here and it's a place he is coming back to after having been fired in the past. On the heels of another recent firing.

He was hired to be a WINNER. Not much else will satisfy the fan base.

I think it will be a fun ride either way.

I will TRY to keep an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt. But at this point I feel neutral about it

SHOW SABRES FANS THE PLAYOFFS Lindy. We all want it! Anything else is just same ole same ole

m

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

the proof will be in the pudding. All of his past woulda coulda shouldas are just that, the past. He has a fresh start here and it's a place he is coming back to after having been fired in the past. On the heels of another recent firing.

He was hired to be a WINNER. Not much else will satisfy the fan base.

I think it will be a fun ride either way.

I will TRY to keep an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt. But at this point I feel neutral about it

SHOW SABRES FANS THE PLAYOFFS Lindy. We all want it! Anything else is just same ole same ole

m

Hired to get Sabres culture back on track!

It all started with guys like Imlach and Bowman from other organizations.  Winning organizations.  Lindy just so happens to reach so far back to that past.  Sabres roots!

We need something to connect to the legacy... The rink is a morgue in BFLo!

23 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hired to get Sabres culture back on track!

It all started with guys like Imlach and Bowman from other organizations.  Winning organizations.  Lindy just so happens to reach so far back to that past.  Sabres roots!

We need something to connect to the legacy... The rink is a morgue in BFLo!

The rink is a morgue because there is no faith. Nor should there be. The team was terrible at home for a long time this year and if they gave up the first goal they only came back to win 6 times. In January it was only once. They were something like 1-11 if they got scored on first at home at that point. They ended up 6-15. They were better at home later in the year but by that point they'd already burned any good will or hope the fans had.

They need to show people they are for real before people buy back in. It's just been too long at this point. I used to get nice tickets for Sabres/Flyers games in Philly from a business associate. I've stopped asking for them. They are a waste of time. 

History says this nostalgia hire is a tremendous mistake. The odds of a Terry team bucking history are low.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The rink is a morgue because there is no faith. Nor should there be. The team was terrible at home for a long time this year and if they gave up the first goal they only came back to win 6 times. In January it was only once. They were something like 1-11 if they got scored on first at home at that point. They ended up 6-15. They were better at home later in the year but by that point they'd already burned any good will or hope the fans had.

They need to show people they are for real before people buy back in. It's just been too long at this point. I used to get nice tickets for Sabres/Flyers games in Philly from a business associate. I've stopped asking for them. They are a waste of time. 

History says this nostalgia hire is a tremendous mistake. The odds of a Terry team bucking history are low.

The game presentation/sound sucks the life out of the place as well.  Music is turned up way too loud and pushes me into my seat.  Players' individual goal songs are also very lame and suck the energy out of a crowd after a goal and pushes everyone back into their seats.  

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

The game presentation/sound sucks the life out of the place as well.  Music is turned up way too loud and pushes me into my seat.  Players' individual goal songs are also very lame and suck the energy out of a crowd after a goal and pushes everyone back into their seats.  

The individual goal songs are a perfect symbol for this team. Individual stats, no team unity.