RFK Jr.

On 7/18/2023 at 2:19 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You were cool with the first one (2016)

You mean the one in which Obama urged his VP, Biden, not to certify the results of the electoral college? The one in which Obama's former national security advisor, by that time back in his good graces, suggested that Obama declare martial law to force some kind of do-over?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean the one in which Obama urged his VP, Biden, not to certify the results of the electoral college? The one in which Obama's former national security advisor, by that time back in his good graces, suggested that Obama declare martial law to force some kind of do-over?

No Frank, the one where democrats claimed Trump stole the election, was illegitimately elected, a puppet of Russia, and guilty of treason.  The one where the disinformation campaign lasted 4 years.   The one where intelligence agents waged a Go-Biden campiagn. I'm talking about the time before the time you suddenly found The Lord on election denialism and the threat to democracy therein. 

You must have been asleep during those days.  We should change your screen name to Rip Van Frankle. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No Frank, the one where democrats claimed Trump stole the election, was illegitimately elected, a puppet of Russia, and guilty of treason.  The one where the disinformation campaign lasted 4 years.   The one where intelligence agents waged a Go-Biden campiagn.

Just not of the same order of magnitude as contriving a phony legal theory to send the certified electoral states back to the states so they could say, geez, I dunno, maybe our election was flawed, so maybe we'll just appoint a different slate of electors after all. Not even close. Was Trump precluded from assuming office? Kicked out of office? He was impeached twice, the process ran its course, he wasn't removed or even deemed ineligible for the presidency again.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Just not of the same order of magnitude as contriving a phony legal theory to send the certified electoral states back to the states so they could say, geez, I dunno, maybe our election was flawed, so maybe we'll just appoint a different slate of electors after all. Not even close. Was Trump precluded from assuming office? Kicked out of office? He was impeached twice, the process ran its course, he wasn't removed or even deemed ineligible for the presidency again.

Everything about stolen elections, illegitimate presidencies, illegal surveillance, partnering with hostile foreign nationals to spread misinformation, and beyond is all acceptable?  

What a &^%$d up standard.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Everything about stolen elections, illegitimate presidencies, illegal surveillance, partnering with hostile foreign nationals to spread misinformation, and beyond is all acceptable?  

I see you've just chided another poster for lack of reading comprehension.

With that in mind, I urge you to re-read the post you responded to here:

"Just not of the same order of magnitude [as what Trump did]"

Not "acceptable." But does "not of the same order of magnitude" = "acceptable?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It is weird to me to see so many so-called "liberals" advocate so ardently for the censorship of disfavored speech. That's not what liberalism used to stand for.

Especially after scientists from Harvard and Stanford who wound up being right about Covid having a very low IFR were censored in the pandemic.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Many seem to have amnesia when it comes to recalling how in January 2017 Democrats urged electors in various swing States to change their vote during the electoral certification to Hillary because the election was stolen.  But of course light can be bent and subtle nuances and differences can be cited to see this as something other than election interference or an attempt to disrupt the certification process.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I see you've just chided another poster for lack of reading comprehension.

With that in mind, I urge you to re-read the post you responded to here:

"Just not of the same order of magnitude [as what Trump did]"

Not "acceptable." But does "not of the same order of magnitude" = "acceptable?"

Thanks for clarifying.  No, I would not necessarily declare that "not on the same magnitude = acceptable".   I made that assumption based on my recollection that along the way, I've never once seen you express concern over that sort of behavior being unacceptable.   

What issues specifically would you characterize as not "acceptable" from the dem platform 2016-2019?  Spreading misinformation about the legitimacy of the Trump election?  Declaring the election stolen?  Working with foreign nationals?  Illegal surveillance? 

Were the actions of the democrats 2016-2019 in the best interest of the nation, or did they divide the nation further?  Did you believe evidence would be uncovered showing Trump conspired with Putin as alleged many, many times prior to the answer being revealed? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks for clarifying.  No, I would not necessarily declare that "not on the same magnitude = acceptable".   I made that assumption based on my recollection that along the way, I've never once seen you express concern over that sort of behavior being unacceptable.   

What issues specifically would you characterize as not "acceptable" from the dem platform 2016-2019?  Spreading misinformation about the legitimacy of the Trump election?  Declaring the election stolen?  Working with foreign nationals?  Illegal surveillance? 

Were the actions of the democrats 2016-2019 in the best interest of the nation, or did they divide the nation further?  Did you believe evidence would be uncovered showing Trump conspired with Putin as alleged many, many times prior to the answer being revealed? 

Mean tweets! Had the Dems been mean tweeting in 2016 I think that would have been the one to seal the "unacceptable" level that Frankie is looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  The insurrection was one of the worst things to happen in and to this country in its history.  You’re worried more about Hillary Clinton hurting your tender feelings than you are about an existential threat to our republican democracy.  You and your MAGA pals are welcome to keep deluding  yourselves about that and other issues.  But I won’t partake in your alternate reality of victimization and whining. 

Hoax.  There hasn’t been a fraudulent election.  Ideally you’d have proof that the election you speak of was permeated by fraud, but this is MAGA we’re talking about.  So you’ll just go about and say it because trump says it was stolen and all of your MAGA pals are too busy whacking down a fifth of Jack and blaming others for their problems to think differently. 

Worse than congressmen being wounded on the floor of the house by  Puerto Rican nationalists in  1954 ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Off the top of my head:

- Relying, even in part, on the Steele Dossier was wrong. It was a political document put together at the behest (and apparent expense) of a political campaign, with its true provenance concealed by using a series of other funders (a Seattle law firm tied to the Democratic Party, etc.). That should not have happened.

- The Trump campaign did collude with a Russian operative, and if they didn't know she was a Russian operative (the meeting that was mischaracterized as being about "Russian adoptions") they certainly should have known. 

- Jeff Sessions appointed Mueller to do the investigation. He issued a report, largely clearing Trump of actual collusion, and taking a rather agnostic stand with respect to obstruction. The document speaks for itself. There were convictions, properly obtained, involving important Trump campaign officials and the core basis for the investigation (Manafort). At that point it becomes a question of nomenclature - what is "collusion," since that isn't a legal term.

None of that was DOJ's finest day. But again: it can't hold a candle to an attempt to cling to the presidency by cynically urging states to drum up slates of fake electors and urging the VP (with an intimidating mob outside and inside the Capitol) to do something clearly inappropriate and contrary to the rule of law.

There you have it. I'm not excusing anyone for anything. I'm just pointing out that in life we need to recognize that not every wrong is of equal magnitude.

4 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Worse than congressmen being wounded on the floor of the house by  Puerto Rican nationalists in  1954 ?

Oh, well, now we're really grasping at straws. Yes, even worse! Worse too than Aaron Burr shooting Hamilton!!

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Off the top of my head:

- Relying, even in part, on the Steele Dossier was wrong. It was a political document put together at the behest (and apparent expense) of a political campaign, with its true provenance concealed by using a series of other funders (a Seattle law firm tied to the Democratic Party, etc.). That should not have happened.

- The Trump campaign did collude with a Russian operative, and if they didn't know she was a Russian operative (the meeting that was mischaracterized as being about "Russian adoptions") they certainly should have known. 

- Jeff Sessions appointed Mueller to do the investigation. He issued a report, largely clearing Trump of actual collusion, and taking a rather agnostic stand with respect to obstruction. The document speaks for itself. There were convictions, properly obtained, involving important Trump campaign officials and the core basis for the investigation (Manafort). At that point it becomes a question of nomenclature - what is "collusion," since that isn't a legal term.

None of that was DOJ's finest day. But again: it can't hold a candle to an attempt to cling to the presidency by cynically urging states to drum up slates of fake electors and urging the VP (with an intimidating mob outside and inside the Capitol) to do something clearly inappropriate and contrary to the rule of law.

There you have it. I'm not excusing anyone for anything. I'm just pointing out that in life we need to recognize that not every wrong is of equal magnitude.

Oh, well, now we're really grasping at straws. Yes, even worse! Worse too than Aaron Burr shooting Hamilton!!

Even now though you parse like a good attorney will.  The Steele document wasn't a political document, it was a propaganda piece designed to influence voters by spreading misinformation.  

Mueller's report on conspiracy was quite clear indeed, and criminal behavior uncovered or imagined is incidental to the question of the election being  illegitimate or the president guilty of treason.   AG Barr's recounting of political persecution by democrats et al was clear as well, and was spot on accurate.  

I agree with you in this respect..not the DOJs finest hour, nor the finest hour for democracy.  I completely agree that there are degrees to consider in life, but you people seem to want to argue that while a mallet to the head of democracy is horrible, but using it about the arms, shoulders and rib cage is simply distasteful.  The democrat body blows preceded anything Trump did by several years, and was completely acceptable to liberals.  

Last question. Pushing forward, in a political campaign, do we live with each party declaring the other person the treasonous bast*rd, the Russian or Chinese puppet, and that elections are stolen?  

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Last question. Pushing forward, in a political campaign, do we live with each party declaring the other person the treasonous bast*rd, the Russian or Chinese puppet, and that elections are stolen?  

No. Ideally, we would put both Trump and Biden in the rear view mirror and move on.

Hypothetical: let's say Biden runs and loses in the electoral count. There are credible reports of voters in, say, Atlanta who were prevented from voting.

O.K. for Biden to declare martial law, bring in federal officers to oversee a re-do in Georgia?

O.K. for Biden to say that Kamala should refuse to certify Georgia's electoral slate?

What if the pivotal state this time is one with a democratic legislature and governor?

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. Ideally, we would put both Trump and Biden in the rear view mirror and move on.

I'm not speaking ideally, I'm speaking about reality.  

Biden and the lies about stolen elections were accepted by democrat voters as a normal part of the election process.  There was no pushback, no concerns about being lied to, no concerns about damage to our democratic process.  Long before Trump lost in 2020, and followed whatever brand of foolishness he followed, this bothered me.  It still does.  

So, the new standard in American politics was set.  Allege treason.  Allege a coup occurred.  Claim the president is illegitimate.  Scream that the election was stolen and people can't trust our elections.  

Again, it worked very well.

Hypothetical: let's say Biden runs and loses in the electoral count. There are credible reports of voters in, say, Atlanta who were prevented from voting.

O.K. for Biden to declare martial law, bring in federal officers to oversee a re-do in Georgia?

O.K. for Biden to say that Kamala should refuse to certify Georgia's electoral slate?

Hypothetically, no, it's not ok.  

However, the standard of what's acceptable to dem voters has been set, and it ain't pretty.  I'm not at all convinced that dem voters would not support martial law in that scenario, like they accepted false claims of treason for 7 years running.  I'm nearly 100% convinced that certain dems, some of who post here, would support martial law if directed at irredeemable folks who's greatest crime was disagreeing with them. 

Finally, I watched Kamala Harris attempt the political evisceration of a SC justice based on a ridiculous and unsubstantiated rumor of sexual assault and rape trains.  I watched her state that she believed Joe Biden sexually assaulted women, then partner with him when the price was right.  I believe she would participate in electoral schemes without question.  

What if the pivotal state this time is one with a democratic legislature and governor?

If it improved the democrat position, it would be supported by democrats regardless of fairness, equity and legality.  This is the norm. 

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Or when Pramila  JayaPal and Jamie Raskin moved to have Republican votes thrown out on the congress floor.

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Many seem to have amnesia when it comes to recalling how in January 2017 Democrats urged electors in various swing States to change their vote during the electoral certification to Hillary because the election was stolen.  But of course light can be bent and subtle nuances and differences can be cited to see this as something other than election interference or an attempt to disrupt the certification process.  

They don't think that was inappropriate at all.  So you're talking to a stone wall.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, paulmm3 said:

It is weird to me to see so many so-called "liberals" advocate so ardently for the censorship of disfavored speech. That's not what liberalism used to stand for.

I'm old enough to remember when liberals had bumper stickers on their cars that read "I may not agree with what you say but will fight for your right to say it."

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm old enough to remember when liberals had bumper stickers on their cars that read "I may not agree with what you say but will fight for your right to say it."

I am old enough to remember when conservatives loved democracy and the constitution...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

beyond the pale.  These low lifes have no shame

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4107872-jordan-says-rfk-jr-post-on-hank-aaron-was-just-pointing-out-facts/

"Aaron publicly received the vaccine in early January 2021 to try to encourage more Black Americans to be willing to receive the vaccine. He died later that month, but a medical examiner confirmed that his death was unrelated to him receiving the vaccine. 

Aaron was 86; his death was determined to be from natural causes. "

Edited by redtail hawk

25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Duh - they’re all nut jobs 

Kennedy gave testimony at a hearing on government censorship where Democrats attempted to censor and block him from testifying all while claiming no such government censorship programs and efforts exist.  Basically demonstrating the behavior they claim doesn't exist.  Just amazing.  Lying mofo's can't even get their story straight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Kennedy gave testimony at a hearing on government censorship where Democrats attempted to censor and block him from testifying all while claiming no such government censorship programs and efforts exist.  Basically demonstrating the behavior they claim doesn't exist.  Just amazing.  Lying mofo's can't even get their story straight. 

The Dems did an amazing job yesterday - outperforming the conspiracy theorist and the MAGA cult.

Meanwhile - now run along and censor Liz Cheney and Adam Schiff.

Nut job 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The Dems did an amazing job yesterday - outperforming the conspiracy theorist and the MAGA cult.

Meanwhile - now run along and censor Liz Cheney and Adam Schiff.

Nut job 

An amazing job of exposing themselves as fascist censors and big government storm troopers gleefully supporting trampling over the 1st amendment rights of American citizens.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What was just as telling was when one of the Democrats asked that Kennedy’s testimony be moved to Executive Session (at your local School Board meeting this would be called Closed Session) meaning that they wanted to be able to hear and discuss the testimony themselves but that the American people should not be allowed to hear it. A stunning display of the utter lack of self  awareness.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Are you drunk this morning?  As this makes no sense. 

nope.  My wife is running some town festival events now, then lunch at a place 2 friends are playing music, then a dance.  I'll be tipsy before bed tho.

You:  "stop victimizing me...etc"

Me:  we are winning

You:  crying

Me:  "Boo Hoo"

Kapeesh?

31 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

An amazing job of exposing themselves as fascist censors and big government storm troopers gleefully supporting trampling over the 1st amendment rights of American citizens.  

Wait - what?

Which party can’t handle their history; rewriting it and banning books?

You try so hard. It’s laughable.

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wait - what?

Which party denies they're censoring the American public and "unapproved" experts but proved their complicity by attempting, and failing, to censor public testimony from individuals they were afraid to let speak freely?   

If anyone's trying so hard it's you attempting to justify and ignore censorship.  What I'm doing is pointing out and applauding efforts to protect the principles of freedom and democracy.  While you side with the authoritarians and censors.  Shame on you.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Which party denies they're censoring the American public and "unapproved" experts but proved their complicity by attempting, and failing, to censor public testimony from individuals they were afraid to let speak freely?   

If anyone's trying so hard it's you attempting to justify and ignore censorship.  What I'm doing is pointing out and applauding efforts to protect the principles of freedom and democracy.  While you side with the authoritarians and censors.  Shame on you.  

Did RFK get his day on the hill? Yes or no.

You're just pissed that RFK's "candidacy" is imploding faster than DeSaster and you're taking it out on people that see right through his bullshittt.

MAGA tears are delicious.

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did RFK get his day on the hill? Yes or no.

You're just pissed that RFK's "candidacy" is imploding faster than DeSaster and you're taking it out on people that see right through his bullshittt.

MAGA tears are delicious.

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

You're obsessed with characterizing things in emotional terms while avoiding the meat of the argument.  In this case the Democrats claim that censorship doesn't exist while attempting to censor speakers from speaking.  What are they so afraid of?  That's what we're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

beyond the pale.  These low lifes have no shame

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4107872-jordan-says-rfk-jr-post-on-hank-aaron-was-just-pointing-out-facts/

"Aaron publicly received the vaccine in early January 2021 to try to encourage more Black Americans to be willing to receive the vaccine. He died later that month, but a medical examiner confirmed that his death was unrelated to him receiving the vaccine. 

Aaron was 86; his death was determined to be from natural causes. "

Where were these MEs when it came to determining that one third of people purported to have died from Wuhan virus actually died with it, not from it?  Low lifes indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wait - what?

Honest question.  Would you be OK with your district to carrying XXX snuff porn, bestiality porn, child porn in the school library?  

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Where were these MEs when it came to determining that one third of people purported to have died from Wuhan virus actually died with it, not from it?  Low lifes indeed.

They were busy with doctors fudging diagnosis codes and death certificates to receive special reimbursements from the government for handling COVID cases and deaths.  But some of our friends here are going to tell us doctors and members of the medical community would never do such a thing and will always act with the highest ethical and moral standard and none would think of fudging anything to push some extra cash into their pockets.  Even though its demonstrated that medical fraud, waste, and abuse incidents amount to billions every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're obsessed with characterizing things in emotional terms while avoiding the meat of the argument.  In this case the Democrats claim that censorship doesn't exist while attempting to censor speakers from speaking.  What are they so afraid of?  That's what we're talking about.

LMAO - you really are pathetic. I'm not afraid of anything... I'm not on the wrong side of history like you and your cult.

Once again, you're just upset that Democrats aren't f'n crazy like the cult to buy what this CRAZY is selling: