RFK Jr.

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

No patience needed.  Looking forward to SUP yoga.  They like me there. The yogi tonight was selling a beautiful old inherited tube console stereo-mid century modern, great reviews on the sound.  It wasn't rotating properly and I rec'ed a repair man.  She got it fixed and is going to get many of my old LP's tonight. I might get some extra help out there. 

I bought a home near my office a couple years back, turns out my neighbor was a hoarder.  She had a couple hundred albums from that era, and an old console record player that needs some work.  At some point, I’ll look into restoring the record player and listening to some of the records.   Kinda cool to have, one is shown here.  

FDBAA70B-B06C-464F-82B7-5D8E102C02F6.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I bought a home near my office a couple years back, turns out my neighbor was a hoarder.  She had a couple hundred albums from that era, and an old console record player that needs some work.  At some point, I’ll look into restoring the record player and listening to some of the records.   Kinda cool to have, one is shown here.  

FDBAA70B-B06C-464F-82B7-5D8E102C02F6.jpeg

Here's the piece she was going to sell for $100.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/modernized-rca-1963

Hers is not "modernized".   still it has 8 speakers built in and tubes!  This was the best of the best in 1963. I gave her about 50 albums.  Simon and Garfunkel, Joan Armatrading, Joe Jackson, Louis Armstrong, Chick Corea, Chuck Mangione, Neil Young, George Benson etc.  Several were bought on sale for around $3- price tags still in place.  Fully expecting an invitation to her and her husband's house to listen!

This is what she has.  Wish I had just handed her $100...but friends are priceless.  and I like my system.  

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Here's the piece she was going to sell for $100.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/modernized-rca-1963

Hers is not "modernized".   still it has 7 speakers built in and tubes!  This was the best of the best in 1963. I gave her about 50 albums.  Simon and Garfunkel, Joan Armatrading, Joe Jackson, Louis Armstrong, Chet Corea, Chuck Mangione, Neil Young, George Benson etc.  Several were bought on sale for around $3- price tags still in place.  Fully expecting an invitation to her and her husband's house to listen!

Love that one.   I would think the one I have is mid1950s and not particularly high end.  Same general style. 

I also have this console, obviously not the one here but same make, model.  The TV guts are long gone, the radio turned on and worked, turntable (turntable went in the drawer at lower left) didn’t move.  I’m actually thinking of doing something similar (no fish tank), but maybe put in a new turntable and speaker, put a bar behind the TV lens and with that assembly on a hinge. 

C55FDF53-99C1-4235-843D-DB4A1A8DE264.webp

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Love that one.   I would think the one I have is mid1950s and not particularly high end.  Same general style. 

I also have this console, obviously not the one here but same make, model.  The TV guts are long gone, the radio turned on and worked, turntable didn’t move.  I’m actually thinking of doing something similar (no fish tank), but maybe put in a new turntable and speaker, put a bar behind the TV lens and with that assembly on a hinge. 

C55FDF53-99C1-4235-843D-DB4A1A8DE264.webp

Very cool, dude!  I will add that if it sounds decent, I wouldn't put much money into the audio.  It's almost certainly mono if it is truly from the 1950's.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

He should run as an Independent…he’d probably pick off votes from both parties…

Depends on what his motives are.  My son has a bet with me that Trump will run as an Independent if he loses the Republican nom, but I say no chance because he knows he'll lose and he hates losing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://nypost.com/2023/07/15/rfk-jr-says-covid-was-ethnically-targeted-to-spare-jews/

Drunk old man at fundraiser dinner starts talking about "the Ashkenazi Jews." Can anything good come from drunk old gentiles talking about "the Jews?" Umm, no.

Then defends himself by saying that he didn't mean that COVID-19 was engineered to save the Ashkenazi Jews. But doesn't deny that it was engineered to affect caucasians (but not Ashkenazi Jews? What are they? Sub-Saharan Africans?) and blacks. And to spare Asians. And says something about genetic codes.

Which is also very interesting since COVID-19 first burst on the scene when a BUNCH OF CHINESE PEOPLE DIED in Wuhan.

What a frickin' idiot. How people have convinced themselves to support this guy is beyond me.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe Tay-Sachs protects them...

Now, either you're going the snarky response route or you're not a real doctor.

Maybe ... IF they are actually somehow protected (is there ANY epidemiological evidence of that?) then there would have to be some genetic basis for immunity. It is a preposterous stretch.

So why does he say these things? Simple explanation: it feeds the Jewish conspiracy myths that have sustained the conspiracy theorists for centuries.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/15/rfk-jr-says-covid-was-ethnically-targeted-to-spare-jews/

Drunk old man at fundraiser dinner starts talking about "the Ashkenazi Jews." Can anything good come from drunk old gentiles talking about "the Jews?" Umm, no.

Then defends himself by saying that he didn't mean that COVID-19 was engineered to save the Ashkenazi Jews. But doesn't deny that it was engineered to affect caucasians (but not Ashkenazi Jews? What are they? Sub-Saharan Africans?) and blacks. And to spare Asians. And says something about genetic codes.

Which is also very interesting since COVID-19 first burst on the scene when a BUNCH OF CHINESE PEOPLE DIED in Wuhan.

What a frickin' idiot. How people have convinced themselves to support this guy is beyond me.

For decades, R voters have noted how the mystique of the Kennedy clan overcame a woman being left to drown in a car, a 10 hour walkabout after the car went in, ties to organized crime, allegations of sexual assault and rape, the Marilyn Monroe thruple, addictions, hypocrisy,JFK Jr recklessly responsible for wiping out a family,  influence peddling, only to find RFK JR a bridge too far for democrats. 

COVID is the most lethal virus ever.  It may have done it Camelot. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

For decades, R voters have noted how the mystique of the Kennedy clan overcame a woman being left to drown in a car, a 10 hour walkabout after the car went in, ties to organized crime, allegations of sexual assault and rape, the Marilyn Monroe thruple, addictions, hypocrisy,JFK Jr recklessly responsible for wiping out a family,  influence peddling, only to find RFK JR a bridge too far for democrats. 

COVID is the most lethal virus ever.  It may have done it Camelot. 

About time we were rid of Kennedy hangers-on.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

About time we were rid of Kennedy hangers-on.

If he keeps polling at 20%, I say we listen to what the man has to say and keep him in the race.  

Btw, the Post story is deliberately misleading.  RFK is clear on what he said, crazy or not.  I never understand why these publications feel the need to rework and recreate dialogue, and why they are surprised when their credibility suffers. 

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Btw, the Post story is deliberately misleading.  RFK is clear on what he said, crazy or not.

I don't see anything misleading. He goes on and on about COVID being genetically engineered to selectively target blacks and caucasians (which to him apparently doesn't include Ashkenazi Jews). He later retracted that with respect to Ashkenazi Jews, but without any indication of why - other than political blowback - his original musings were incorrect, but only to the extent that he (mistakenly? why?) included Ashkenazi Jews, and "clarifying" that he didn't suggest it was deliberately engineered to have a different impact on different races/Jews. Which only leads one to wonder what on earth he thought he was talking about, because without that idea his rambling thoughts become less offensive but more idiotic.

If anything the NY Post kind of softballed the story, in that the totatlity of  RFK's musings is even stupider than indicated.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Most know he's nothing more than the next Kanye West and is supported by Bannon, Flynn, MGT and the rest of the nut jobs.

That makes little sense given his polling numbers.  I’d think he offers appeal to traditionally vaxx skeptic individuals—many democrats of course, especially when viewing COVID protocol and hypocrisy in the rear view mirror.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That makes little sense given his polling numbers.  I’d think he offers appeal to traditionally vaxx skeptic individuals—many democrats of course, especially when viewing COVID protocol and hypocrisy in the rear view mirror.  

Are you serious? You have faith in polls after all projected a red wave?

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't see anything misleading. He goes on and on about COVID being genetically engineered to selectively target blacks and caucasians (which to him apparently doesn't include Ashkenazi Jews). He later retracted that with respect to Ashkenazi Jews, but without any indication of why - other than political blowback - his original musings were incorrect, but only to the extent that he (mistakenly? why?) included Ashkenazi Jews, and "clarifying" that he didn't suggest it was deliberately engineered to have a different impact on different races/Jews. Which only leads one to wonder what on earth he thought he was talking about, because without that idea his rambling thoughts become less offensive but more idiotic.

If anything the NY Post kind of softballed the story, in that the totatlity of  RFK's musings is even stupider than indicated.

The link you linked says this:

Did he say that? 

He says there are questions, but he does not declare that Jews were spared.  He also talks about ethnic targeting of bioweapons, and that’s hardly a new idea nor particulars controversial, is it?  

It’s less than a two minute clip and as you’ve suggested, he hangs himself on his comments if one is inclined to see it that way.  Let his comments tell the story.  Or, preferably, let members of the democrat voting bloc support him in large numbers.   

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Are you serious? You have faith in polls after all projected a red wave?

I’m serious, I think he appeals to many democrats.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He says there are questions

What questions?

This is the typical new-model conspiracist.

"I'm just asking questions, is that so bad?"

Questions like "why does it seem that the Jews aren't dying from COVID?" "If the Jews had conspired with the PRC to produce an ethnic-cleansing virus, wouldn't it look a whole lot like the COVID 19 pandemic?" "Who profits from COVID, Big Pharma? Don't a lot of Jews control major pharmaceutical corporations?"

Yeah. Just asking questions. Absolutely no evidence that Ashkenazi Jews (why not Sephardic Jews?) had lower COVID rates or more immunity to it than the population as a whole. In fact, some of the early publicized outbreaks in the U.S. were among hasidic (Ashkenazi by ancestry) Jewish communities.

He is just making it up. So yes, completely fair characterization. And his attempt at damage control is simply asinine. Nothing like, "I was wrong because someone gave me wrong information." Just an "oh, nevermind about the Jews. And you misquoted me!"

It's right there. He seems proud to be an idiot. And who are these fools around the table suffering his idiocy without saying a word?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What questions?

This is the typical new-model conspiracist.

"I'm just asking questions, is that so bad?"

Questions like "why does it seem that the Jews aren't dying from COVID?" "If the Jews had conspired with the PRC to produce an ethnic-cleansing virus, wouldn't it look a whole lot like the COVID 19 pandemic?" "Who profits from COVID, Big Pharma? Don't a lot of Jews control major pharmaceutical corporations?"

Yeah. Just asking questions. Absolutely no evidence that Ashkenazi Jews (why not Sephardic Jews?) had lower COVID rates or more immunity to it than the population as a whole. In fact, some of the early publicized outbreaks in the U.S. were among hasidic (Ashkenazi by ancestry) Jewish communities.

He is just making it up. So yes, completely fair characterization. And his attempt at damage control is simply asinine. Nothing like, "I was wrong because someone gave me wrong information." Just an "oh, nevermind about the Jews. And you misquoted me!"

It's right there. He seems proud to be an idiot. And who are these fools around the table suffering his idiocy without saying a word?

But it’s not a characterization, Frank, it’s a declaration.  There’s a difference, and it’s unnecessary and manipulative.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

👆🤡😆

Notice it’s Republicans selling what Bobby jr is selling and not Democrats? It’s beyond obvious (and desperate) they want their best Kanye to stick! 

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says RFK Jr. Has ‘Fooled’ Republicans With His Anti-Vax Beliefs: ‘His Policies Are Far, Far Left’

So I agree with Bobby Kennedy on a lot of things. But I tell you what, I think there’s a lot of Republicans that have been fooled by him. He’s not a Republican, everyone! He’s very much a Democrat.”

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But it’s not a characterization, Frank, it’s a declaration.  There’s a difference, and it’s unnecessary and manipulative.  

Here's the tell, for someone who still needs one: RFK Jr. also said "I thought we were off the record." (the reporters there disagree)

In other words, he rambled on about his deepest Jews-and-Chinese conspiracy thoughts because he thought they wouldn't quote him on that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If he keeps polling at 20%, I say we listen to what the man has to say and keep him in the race.  

Btw, the Post story is deliberately misleading.  RFK is clear on what he said, crazy or not.  I never understand why these publications feel the need to rework and recreate dialogue, and why they are surprised when their credibility suffers. 

He's also has a higher favorability rating to Republican voters than Democratic voters if you believe those same polls so an Independent run could be interesting.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Here's the tell, for someone who still needs one: RFK Jr. also said "I thought we were off the record." (the reporters there disagree)

In other words, he rambled on about his deepest Jews-and-Chinese conspiracy thoughts because he thought they wouldn't quote him on that.

That’s the RFK Jr tell.  He has to answer for that, as every politician making inflammatory remarks does. 

I am, and have been, addressing the NY Post tell.  In other words, the headline is deceptive and manipulative, and it’s completely unnecessary regardless of how unreasonable the comments were. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I find the libs getting all up in arms over Repub's' support for RFK Jr. funny, considering all the Dem support for Trump-backed candidates in the 2022 mid-terms. 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

especially this pos with the countless reposts from lincoln project-

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah. Just asking questions. Absolutely no evidence that Ashkenazi Jews (why not Sephardic Jews?)

It's possible that he knew that ashkenazi Jews have a high incidence of inherited illness (as many as 1/3 have a mutation as a carrier or afflicted).  But I doubt it.  Shouldn't affect Covid infections x in the case of cystic fibrosis (where the prognosis would be much worse than average).  He's just making it up imo.  Don't they have enough problems for him to be happy?

https://www.gaucherdisease.org/blog/5-common-ashkenazi-genetic-diseases/

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

It's possible that he knew that ashkenazi Jews have a high incidence of inherited illness (as many as 1/3 have a mutation as a carrier or afflicted).  But I doubt it.  Shouldn't affect Covid infections x in the case of cystic fibrosis (where the prognosis would be much worse than average).  He's just making it up imo.  Don't they have enough problems for him to be happy?

https://www.gaucherdisease.org/blog/5-common-ashkenazi-genetic-diseases/

I haven’t looked yet to see if it’s the case. But if he hasn’t blamed The Jews for his father’s assassination yet (by a Palestinian), it’s just a matter of time. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s the RFK Jr tell.  He has to answer for that, as every politician making inflammatory remarks does. 

yes, I don't think Hillary ever owned up to the off the record "deplorables" comment.  She was right. He was wrong.  But they're both losers in presidential politics.

Edited by redtail hawk

5 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, I don't think Hillary ever owned up to the off the record "deplorables" comment.  She was right. He was wrong.  But they're both losers in presidential politics.

https://time.com/4486502/hillary-clinton-basket-of-deplorables-transcript/

I know it must be hard to sleep with the mean orange man and MAGA lurking around the corner but middle of the night posting is never good as it relates to knowing what one is talking about. Either that or you don’t understand what “off the record” means.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

You could write a book about Clinton’s hateful and troubling remarks about 40,000,000+/- citizens, most of it centered on how her supporters fervently embraced the notion without question or reflection.  

Still, my point here was about misleading headlines. Time to move on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You could write a book about Clinton’s hateful and troubling remarks about 40,000,000+/- citizens, most of it centered on how her supporters fervently embraced the notion without question or reflection.  

Still, my point here was about misleading headlines. Time to move on. 

trump regularly makes hateful and troubling remarks that offend 40+ million Americans and are fervently embraced by his supporters.  It's where we are now in American politics and MAGA had a big part in getting us there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

trump regularly makes hateful and troubling remarks that offend 40+ million Americans and are fervently embraced by his supporters.  It's where we are now in American politics and MAGA had a big part in getting us there.

Maybe this is the time to remind everyone that “there are good people on both sides.”

No matter what Hillary did or said—she was a terrible candidate, and I don’t blame anyone for being offended by the “deplorables” comment—she has never come close to the level of vitriol, divisiveness, and disinformation that Trump practiced on nearly a daily basis. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1