RFK Jr.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

I don't swing that way either.  But it looks like it could be a print at a gay art museum exhibit.

On top of that the people at Time magazine think its white supremacy.  The magazine would seem to suggest the most recently uncovered big threat is gay, or straight, white men and adjacent white (these idiots love to make up new terms and categories) people of color, or anyone else for that matter, that exercises regularly.  All those professional NBA and NFL players.  People going to the gym after work or in the morning.  The guy or gal you see jogging down the street at 6 AM.  All exposed as extremists.   

"The White Supremacist Origins of Exercise, and 6 Other Surprising Facts About the History of U.S. Physical Fitness"

https://time.com/6242949/exercise-industry-white-supremacy/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

People going to the gym after work or in the morning.  The guy or gal you see jogging down the street at 6 AM.  All exposed as extremists.   

People that work out = extremists

MAGA = extremists

People that work out = MAGA???

Does yoga count as working out? Rhetorical question. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Does yoga count as working out? Rhetorical question. 

try it and find out.  this is the best you guys got? Beating down a silly article.  I'm sure the book author researched the origins.  Just not interested.  But I will tell you that I signed up for a conventional gym and asked them to set me up with a personal trainer.  No one called.  I asked the owner why and he told me it was my politics.  Have another trainer and gym lined up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Says something about you both. 

yes, that he's an asshat.  I never spoke politics at the gym.  not once.  This was based on my reputation and probably my affiliation with the local dem party.  I knew he was very conservative when I signed up but thought he was a smarter business man.

as to the yoga question, this is not what Im after but it looks like it can be achieved

https://www.theyoganomads.com/yoga-for-muscle-building/

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

try it and find out.  this is the best you guys got? Beating down a silly article.  I'm sure the book author researched the origins.  Just not interested.  But I will tell you that I signed up for a conventional gym and asked them to set me up with a personal trainer.  No one called.  I asked the owner why and he told me it was my politics.  Have another trainer and gym lined up. 

What! A gym that you didn’t belong to knows about your politics? How exactly?  I’m dying to hear the answer to this one. 

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, that he's an asshat.  I never spoke politics at the gym.  not once.  This was based on my reputation and probably my affiliation with the local dem party.  I knew he was very conservative when I signed up but thought he was a smarter business man.

as to the yoga question, this is not what Im after but it looks like it can be achieved

https://www.theyoganomads.com/yoga-for-muscle-building/

For future reference - a rhetorical question is one not actually in search of an answer. 

Can confirm it’s a workout. Especially if it’s a DDP session. 

https://ddpyoga.com/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I've commented on a few news pieces in local media, especially on Covid..  Not as brashly as here but not subdued.

So if I understand correctly you came out in public trashing a business for staying open during Covid and then had the utter audacity to try and become a member of that business? I’ll say it again…you’re kidding, right? Geeez 

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

For future reference - a rhetorical question is one not actually in search of an answer. 

Can confirm it’s a workout. Especially if it’s a DDP session. 

https://ddpyoga.com/

I'm pretty certain I'd rather have the woman writing the article I linked, running my class.  but that's just me.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if I understand correctly you came out in public trashing a business for staying open during Covid and then had the utter audacity to try and become a member of that business? I’ll say it again…you’re kidding, right? Geeez 

nope.  Never mentioned the gym.  I commented on social distancing in general, on vax, on hospital vax mandates etc.  We had one of the lowest vax rates in the country.

Edited by redtail hawk

I'm pretty certain I'd rather have the woman writing the article I linked, running my class.  but that's just me.

nope.  Never mentioned the gym.  I commented on social distancing in general, on vax, on hospital vax mandates etc.  We had one of the lowest vax rates in the country.

So you trashed gyms that stayed open, in general, and then wanted them to let you in when YOU decided it was now Okay? My gosh Hawk, you can’t see the problem here? 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So you trashed gyms that stayed open, in general, and then wanted them to let you in when YOU decided it was now Okay? My gosh Hawk, you can’t see the problem here? 

for the second time, I did not trash businesses that stayed open.   I did oppose some large nearby events when the ICU's were full and the pandemic was raging.  This included a large music festival (community run, I know 2 people on the board that I also spoke to personally) that I love and will attend again this year.

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You do come off as rather insecure so I understand why you feel this way. It’s probably what leads you to have to label everyone that sees things differently than you do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

for the second time, I did not trash businesses that stayed open.   I did oppose some large nearby events when the ICU's were full and the pandemic was raging.  This included a large music festival (community run, I know 2 people on the board that I also spoke to personally) that I love and will attend again this year.

You made your bed. I suggest you work out at home. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

It's BYOBoard.  If you want, I can pm you the details.  They won't exclude you for your politics.  Sad that we now segregate gyms based on tribes.

You segregated yourself Hawk. Shocking that you cannot see that.

And I’m going to have a hard time getting to the lake from Waikiki Beach….but you know that I would otherwise. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You segregated yourself Hawk. Shocking that you cannot see that.

And I’m going to have a hard time getting to the lake from Waikiki Beach….but you know that I would otherwise. 😉

One of last weeks reading was about the troubles of Jeremiah.  People do sometimes see consequences for their beliefs.  I don't think that should stop them from making them known (excluding rioting and trying to overturn elections)

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

There's another gym that will do just fine😀

Between deadly coronavirus, orange douche, being shunned by a personal trainer, and typing out thoughts like “by all accounts Biden communicates more clearly now than he did as a younger person” you have been through so much!  Godspeed to you good fellow. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Between deadly coronavirus, orange douche, being shunned by a personal trainer, and typing out thoughts like “by all accounts Biden communicates more clearly now than he did as a younger person” you have been through so much!  Godspeed to you good fellow. 

tongue in cheek

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Surprised you don’t find that one homoerotic with all the man on man lifting. I know you are on the lookout for such things. No idea why but whatever floats yer boat!

I suppose it could be taken as sexist but I think he refers to he/she and not in a transexual way.

Edited by redtail hawk

16 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

One of last weeks reading was about the troubles of Jeremiah.  People do sometimes see consequences for their beliefs.  I don't think that should stop them from making them known (excluding rioting and trying to overturn elections)

Hawk, Covid was a definite defining line for many people. It didn’t bring out the best in everyone. Which is to expected when we’re all being told we’re going to die. Some people chose to go about their lives. Others tried to tell everyone else what to do. It’ll take years before the former group will be willing to listen to much of anything from the latter group. You’ll have to be patient. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk, Covid was a definite defining line for many people. It didn’t bring out the best in everyone. Which is to expected when we’re all being told we’re going to die. Some people chose to go about their lives. Others tried to tell everyone else what to do. It’ll take years before the former group will be willing to listen to much of anything from the latter group. You’ll have to be patient. 

No patience needed.  Looking forward to SUP yoga.  They like me there. The yogi tonight was selling a beautiful old inherited tube console stereo-mid century modern, great reviews on the sound.  It wasn't rotating properly and I rec'ed a repair man.  She got it fixed and is going to get many of my old LP's tonight. I might get some extra help out there. 

Edited by redtail hawk

I suppose it could be taken as sexist but I think he refers to he/she and not in a transexual way.

People of your ideology are supposed to finish a sentence like that with “not that there’s anything wrong with that”. If you aren’t careful with stuff like this you’ll end up getting kicked out of yoga class. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

People of your ideology are supposed to finish a sentence like that with “not that there’s anything wrong with that”. If you aren’t careful with stuff like this you’ll end up getting kicked out of yoga class. 

No the records seal the deal.  There are some really good ones.

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just don’t tell them what to do. 😉

if I were to fire every patient that wore trump paraphernalia to my office or told me a rude political joke, I'd have had 1/2 a practice.  one lady even bought me a trump hat.  I actually still like her.  She hilarious.  it would have been unprofessional and counterproductive to refuse my services.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

I'm sure he/she/they didn't.  When "everything is racist" is your baseline, you don't need to put much thought into anything.

And I went to the gym all throughout Wuhan virus' peak, after my gym reopened.  I even berated a guy for not wiping down the equipment after he got off.  He got pissed and we exchanged words.  Later I saw him wiping down the next piece of equipment he used and I went over and gave him a thumbs up and said I wasn't trying to be a jerk but we all have to do our part.  He apologized and said I was right.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1