Dylan Mulvaney

24 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

looks as if we are well on our way to a divergent society.republicans better start playing the game using the same tactics. 

everyones 18th birthday the gov sends them a free gun with taxpayers money. what's that!? how dare you oppose peoples basic human rights!! don't you realize how many people are murdered because they had no way to protect themselves.  women, minorities are all being killed because you sit back and want to violate our god given second ammendment!! you are complicit in the  murders of 1000s of people a year who could still be alive!! fascists!!

its pretty easy to push crap like they do. get all emotional and hyperbolic. they certainly dont like the boycotts so maybe this esg score can be a good indicator in the other direction for people tired of this social justices identity politic garbage being jammed into every segment of our lives

Edited by Buffarukus

41 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What I offered, is that what you said is absolutely not true.

What you said was this:

"you're 401k is not allowed to invest in companies with low social credit scores. That’s about 40 trillion dollars in us retirement accounts."

The Biden thing allows 401k's to invest in that universe, if they choose to do so, but absolutely does not demand it.

That would cause civil war.

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

im just curious what this ESG value truley is? is this crap a credit rating from global banking? has it been offered to your buisness for whatever it does? hell, do the companies we see tanking even need this as they have already achieved multi billion dollar market share and dominance in their markets. how can so many corps still think it is worth rolling the dice on pissing off their loyal consumer base after examples of target/AB are losing billions? we see companies willing to push it so i think it goes beyond a handful of over achieving woke market executives. whatever this is. its has suddenly become the most important thing driving our economy. not seeing the difference from the social credit score china implements. people dont seem to care that stuff like this will ALWAYS start with a trojan horse until one day their credit card is denied because they spoke ill of our great leader. 

as for the culture war topic. it is nothing more then people desperate to show themselves as morally superior. thats it. gives themselves a bit of meaning and power over others and of coarse a nice reason to be hateful with a baked in excuse of defending the "innocent".  being gay has been normalized in society for a long time. tv/music/pride/buisnesses have been around for decades and no one really cared. not alot of pushback anymore so people need to create new villians by pushing the boundaries well past the point of obserdity. when a republican president is the first to round up and literally kill....literally!!. whoops. i mean recognize and advocate same sex marriage. thats a hard blow when nazis support your cause.  better focus on the next subgroup if you want to maintain that bronze tan achieved by the warm  spot light under a virtue signal.

its not difficult to leave peoples children alone. at the very least ask permission. thats too rational. nope. lets be pedo adjacent to get the reaction we crave to fight against.

its not difficult to organize a specialized league. its done for many groups. nope. lets put womens rights on the chopping block and even create traditional feminists as intolerant bigots. also that option would require these folks to actually do something besides type messages. paying money and leave the house to support the people they fight so hard for? well the wnba has proved its all talk no action. i have a feeling the trans league would get similar "support" when rubber meets the road. brittany griner was released from the russian gulag guys!! shes playing games right now! oh you all got a thing that night? riiight. 

its not difficult to require more then just feelings before you demand total access to peoples private spaces including locking someone in a cage with them for years. 

its all easily rectified and has no logical reasoning to not be implemented other then it would solve the issues and turn these valiant warriors of the innocent into (gasp) regular people. 

Hey Buff…I have a true small business—less than 10 employees and no, I have not been approached on anything related to social credit modeling. Well, let me clarify—my retirement plan is with Vanguard and periodically I will receive marketing material dealing with this sort of thing. 

I have an old 401K that is in the process of being moved to a new custodian and I am concerned about that transition.  I have no desire to sacrifice return in exchange for socially conscious investing, though I can see where some might.   

More on the cultural issue later…

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have an old 401K that is in the process of being moved to a new custodian and I am concerned about that transition.  I have no desire to sacrifice return in exchange for socially conscious investing, though I can see where some might.   

Don't worry.

The issue is non existent.

The claim is false.

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Don't worry.

The issue is non existent.

The claim is false.

You might be right.  My conclusion is all "investment" decisions of professional fund managers is based completely on speculation of changes in and the direction of monetary policy.

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You might be right.  My conclusion is all "investment" decisions of professional fund managers is based completely on speculation of changes in and the direction of monetary policy.

Not sure what this means, but 401k administrators have a fiduciary responsibility to their subscribers.

Guessing monetary policy has nothing to do with it.  

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

What I offered, is that what you said is absolutely not true.

What you said was this:

"you're 401k is not allowed to invest in companies with low social credit scores. That’s about 40 trillion dollars in us retirement accounts."

The Biden thing allows 401k's to invest in that universe, if they choose to do so, but absolutely does not demand it.

That would cause civil war.

It’s the start of it. Dip the toes in the water. What does it do? The poors get lower returns but are bullied into for fear of being called bigots. Meanwhile the wealthy take advantage and the wealth disparity grows. 

was my claim a little exaggerated? Yes. But the fact the rule exists is insane and the direction is crystal clear.

But I’ve always had self directed retirement accounts. Well not always after 3-4 years of flat returns I went that route and it’s been very nice. 

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It’s the start of it. Dip the toes in the water. What does it do? The poors get lower returns but are bullied into for fear of being called bigots. Meanwhile the wealthy take advantage and the wealth disparity grows. 

was my claim a little exaggerated? Yes. But the fact the rule exists is insane and the direction is crystal clear.

It isn't exaggerated. it is completely false.

The "rule" is that is is not illegal to consider ESG funds.

That, in no way, codifies a need to invest in these funds.

There is no tipping in the waters on this.

It would result in a revolution, and it is a nonsense claim.

51 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It isn't exaggerated. it is completely false.

The "rule" is that is is not illegal to consider ESG funds.

That, in no way, codifies a need to invest in these funds.

There is no tipping in the waters on this.

It would result in a revolution, and it is a nonsense claim.

yes, when the government pushes to far there is a revolution. Completely agree. But they never just go all the way they slowly take away rights. This is part of that. You’ll be the nazi after the war going…we didn’t think it would get this bad we just ignored it and told everyone it didn’t exist 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s her choice
You guys are all about freedom, right?

You mean HIS. It's MY freedom to call 'em as I see 'em

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, Irv said:

That chick looks like a dude.  

Skiing again, huh. 

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

You mean HIS. It's MY freedom to call 'em as I see 'em

I hope the basement is dry after last night’s rain.  Gotta be tough to hate on people when it’s damp.  

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What does her wanting to be a lesbian have to do with your freedom of choice

You are aware that there are human beings that go both ways, right

As of yet we have not taken away sexual freedom, except from women, of course

My freedom to express my opinion.

Why does that bother you.

And all women are free to have as much sex as they'd like

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

My freedom to express my opinion.

Why does that bother you.

And all women are free to have as much sex as they'd like

OK let me slow this down for you

You are whatever you want that is your right

Mulvaney is allowed to ***** anybody she wants to matter how she prescribes herself

Because women can’t get abortions in several states now they run the risk of getting pregnant by default. They can’t have as much sex as they want because there is a risk of them getting pregnant. Do you see how that works?

Meanwhile, man can ***** anything they want because there’s no chance they could get pregnant

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Mulvaney is allowed to ***** anybody she wants to matter how she prescribes herself

Because women can’t get abortions in several states now they run the risk of getting pregnant by default. They can’t have as much sex as they want because there is a risk of them getting pregnant. Do you see how that works?

Meanwhile, man can ***** anything they want because there’s no chance they could get pregnant

How does he become a lesbo?  He's a dude.  Saying he's a lesbian just makes him heterosexual.  I think.  I'm more confused than him.  😕 I bet ninety-five percent of these whackos just do this stuff to get attention and clicks on social media.  All an act.  We're all getting played.  WTF! 

What a mess.   

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Don't be obtuse.

You aren't what you want to be. I can't be a tree. You can't be a whale. You can think you're a whale, but that doesn't make you a whale. And if you think you're a whale, I don't have to also think you're a whale. 

Abortion laws have absolutely no impact on the risk of getting pregnant.  Zero, nadda, zilch. The risk of pregnancy remains the same as it was.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

men can get pregnant you transphobic #######. It’s 2023 men can now get pregnant. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

I don’t make the rules. By definition you are anti trans

Yeah, I don’t really look at it that way

I have friends that are in the LGBTQ community. I treat them the same as I do everyone else and they appreciate that.

You have far left and far right factions that are taking things a little too far

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah, I don’t really look at it that way

I have friends that are in the LGBTQ community. I treat them the same as I do everyone else and they appreciate that.

You have far left and far right factions that are taking things a little too far

Transphobic by definition. Thems the rules. Your words are creating literal violence towards them 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Irv said:

I bet ninety-five percent of these whackos just do this stuff to get attention and clicks on social media.  All an act.  We're all getting played.  WTF! 

Yes, you are.

Maybe it's best not to start a thread (now onto 4 pages) on someone none of us had ever heard of before the Right Wing Outrage Machine made him/her/them/whatever a cause celebre?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1