The Pride Flag

According to what I heard the UU church  believes, Jesus was not the son of god, but was a good guy . Never really heard what their doctrine is, but I do know they are one of the most leftist religions out there.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Wacka said:

According to what I heard the UU church  believes, Jesus was not the son of god, but was a good guy . Never really heard what their doctrine is, but I do know they are one of the most leftist religions out there.

They always have been, involved in anti-slavery work back in antebellum era. G.W. Hosmer was the Buffalo minister and helped on the Underground RR 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Not just modern-day Unitarians. Thomas Jefferson believed that too. I mean, not just that Jesus was a "good guy," but that the moral philosophy of Jesus was a code to strive to live by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, is one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson compiled the manuscripts but never published them. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition excludes all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine

I just remember seeing that  the minister  in Buffalo handing out condoms  at a gas one time.  Also they had the sign on their  property saying it is a nuclear-free zone. Okay, the chi-coms or Russkies won't bomb t=hat church.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Being oneself is just that. So go out and be yourself. No need to wave a banner around and tell everyone how awesome you are. How you deserve special recognition from the public, from corporations just selling products  etc. How you must be acknowledge by all lest they be labeled “ homophobic” or whatever.  Embarrassed or ashamed ? That’s debatable , but you do you so to speak. The narcissism is just over the top and ridiculous. 

Oh, I'm not going to deny that there's a lot of excess out there. But the general principle of "Pride" is kind of the same as when we celebrate other identity-centric days or months. St. Patrick's Day, Columbus Day, Black/Hispanic/Asian Pride, etc. 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, I'm not going to deny that there's a lot of excess out there. But the general principle of "Pride" is kind of the same as when we celebrate other identity-centric days or months. St. Patrick's Day, Columbus Day, Black/Hispanic/Asian Pride, etc. 

Kind of, but there are obviously some pretty significant differences. Whittling this overkill down to a single day would be a welcome step in the right direction, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Kind of, but there are obviously some pretty significant differences. Whittling this overkill down to a single day would be a welcome step in the right direction, though. 

I can agree with that. A weekend is fine. That's what it always was, even when I lived in SF. But there's holiday creep everywhere. I think I've got about 60 days before the Halloween Superstore opens up again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I can agree with that. A weekend is fine. That's what it always was, even when I lived in SF. But there's holiday creep everywhere. I think I've got about 60 days before the Halloween Superstore opens up again.

Oh brother 😠

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Many of those places fly the American flag as well. Just because you’re threatened by a bunch of dudes in tight pants at a parade doesn’t mean that you should chill the constitutional right to fly that flag.  I’m sorry that live and acceptance is so offensive to you.  Maybe you should crack a bud light, think about all of the women who don’t want to engage in coital fury with you, and let people live their own lives.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree that it’s not a religious symbol. I think the churches are just trying to show support for diversity when they do that.

Do you attack Nazi flags with the same energy?

Churches put up Nazi flags?  where

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree that it’s not a religious symbol. I think the churches are just trying to show support for diversity when they do that.

Do you attack Nazi flags with the same energy?

Really??????

Show me a church with a nazi flag. Terrible analogy.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1