Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

I like that Diggs is pissed off about this. Despite what some of the highly positive posters believe, we have no idea if we grabbed anybody that will make an impact this season. 

I have an idea. Kincaid = yellow jacket.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BananaB said:

I like that Diggs is pissed off about this. Despite what some of the highly positive posters believe, we have no idea if we grabbed anybody that will make an impact this season. 

By the same token, we have no idea if this is what he's actually upset about. Many different things have been reported/suggested. Everyone has "made calls" or "talked to someone close to the Bills locker room".  But each "report" is reported speculation. And if it's ok to speculate about that then it's ok to speculate that we in fact brought in some guys that could make an impact.

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It was bad because he was communicating his opinion as fact

I think everyone is aware that all these reports are pure speculation until we hear directly from Diggs if that even happens at all.

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He gets numbers because Josh is the QB and there's nobody else. His primary backup was Jake Kumerow ferkryin out loud

In the one game where Kumerow replaced Davis, he had 3 targets and 50 yds. 

OTOH, Rodgers thought well of Kumerow as a receiver, so IDK.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-deandre-hopkins-dalvin-cook-team-up-free-agency-rumors-contract-sign-josh-allen

Dalvin ($5M cap) and Hopkins ($8M cap)

Cut Hines, Murray (Dont need them with Cook Bros) & Neal (overpaid ST)

Restrux Dawkins, Morse, Johnson

Have a few $M to spare

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If coach would have put Kumerow in then we would have beaten CIN and won the Super Bowl. I bet Kumerow could throw the ball over them mountains. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

this is laughably poor management of a modern football team

Yes, this is precisely how rational, reasonable observers assess Brandon Beane's performance as Bills GM.

For ***** sake. 🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Isn't this the blowhard that said Allen was done for the season and maybe next season after the elbow injury?

Edit: Yep, it is.

Also the same guy who used to partner with Boomer Esaison until he got busted for fraud.

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When that's the best you got...

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes, this is precisely how rational, reasonable observers assess Brandon Beane's performance as Bills GM.

For ***** sake. 🙄

Something being the norm does not make it rational. Far from.

• Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, julian said:

I think everyone is aware that all these reports are pure speculation until we hear directly from Diggs if that even happens at all.

I think you over estimate the intelligence of the viewing audience.  These guys on that show are talking like it’s confirmed facts, when it’s just their opinion on what they think it is.  

It’s why media is so bad now, authentic reporting is no longer a prerequisite and why so much false info is spread no matter what the topic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, BananaB said:

You're correct, but that's always true, right?

When we traded for Diggs, we had no idea if he'd come in with a good attitude or be all pissy about being sent to a team with an "inaccurate" QB.  As it turned out, he came in and played hard.

When we signed Sanders, we had no idea if we'd get the 4 reception/50 ypg receiver of his last 4 yrs in Den/SFO and NO, if he'd be able to return to a better form with Allen throwing to him, or if he'd decline at age 34.  As it turned out, we didn't; we got 3 receptions/44 ypg which isn't crap, but not great either.

When we signed Beasley, we had no idea if he'd be the 4 reception, 40 ypg guy he was his last season in Dallas, or if he'd be able to return to his 2016 form.  As it turnes out, he exceeded both.

So we likewise have no idea, drafting Kincaid, how he'll do as a rookie.  I'd like to see him be a 4 yd, 50+ ypg guy - that's what Kelce was the 1st year he played (he had knee surgery and was out his rookie year).  You really want to see a 1st round guy step in and contribute.

But, we have no idea. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Could easily see a scenario where Beane let’s this plays out up to the trade deadline and if Gabe’s issues continue/nobody emerges as a consistent 2nd target for Allen then Beane makes a trade for someone such as a Jeudy?… but I wish they prioritized DHop over Floyd… or just find a way to make it happen now. 

Then McD will sit that guy on the bench and give us the play book is complicated crap like he did with Hines. 😂

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you over estimate the intelligence of the viewing audience.  These guys on that show are talking like it’s confirmed facts, when it’s just their opinion on what they think it is.  

It’s why media is so bad now, authentic reporting is no longer a prerequisite and why so much false info is spread no matter what the topic.

Yes, I suppose I’m giving too much credit to the average viewer. I totally agree with the downfall of journalism but that being said, this spaghetti at the wall guess at Diggs issues are just as plausible as the other non informed takes.

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

We've known for a long time an offense needs two WRs. Reed AND Lofton. Moulds AND Price. It's only gotten more important since then, not less. Allen and Diggs are special but they can only do so much. Give them help at ALL costs in my opinion.

The moment we traded our 1st rounder for Diggs my attention immediately turned to "Now is there a way we can snag Brandon Aiyuk too?" Here we are 3 years later and nothing of substance at this pivotal position. Go ahead and spin it but I think this is laughably poor management of a modern football team.

I'm just curious.  What do you see as appropriate production from a #2 WR?

14 minutes ago, julian said:

Yes, I suppose I’m giving too much credit to the average viewer. I totally agree with the downfall of journalism but that being said, this spaghetti at the wall guess at Diggs issues are just as plausible as the other non informed takes.

Actually it’s not plausible, that was the issue I had with it.  GM’s do not seek permission from players to restructure, it’s already built into the contract and known ahead of time.  

So ironically of all the “plausible” scenarios this is about the only one that’s not really plausible or accurate to how those things work.  Yet this sports show has no clue and is talking about it not as a “plausible” scenario but as fact.  So this was especially bad journalism IMHO and misleading their audience to think it could be the issue when it’s not really plausible.

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually it’s not plausible, that was the issue I had with it.  GM’s do not seek permission from players to restructure, it’s already built into the contract and known ahead of time.  

So ironically of all the “plausible” scenarios this is about the only one that’s not really plausible or accurate to how those things work.  Yet this sports show has no clue and is talking about it not as a “plausible” scenario but as fact.  So this was especially bad journalism IMHO and misleading their audience to think it could be the issue when it’s not really plausible.

I’m speaking of Diggs displeasure of the constant doubles and bracketed coverages. Of course the Bills can restructure without Diggs consent, that doesn’t mean he didn’t ask what they’re doing with the cap room and was told they’re looking to get him the help he wants and needs.

Nobody knows anything other than those in the building and more precisely Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-deandre-hopkins-dalvin-cook-team-up-free-agency-rumors-contract-sign-josh-allen

Dalvin ($5M cap) and Hopkins ($8M cap)

Cut Hines, Murray (Dont need them with Cook Bros) & Neal (overpaid ST)

Restrux Dawkins, Morse, Johnson

They just gave 4 million in cash up front to Hines in a restructure to keep him. He also has a 2 million dead cap hit to release him. He's not going anywhere. Neal is not only one of our Special Teams core, he's the only other Nickel CB on the roster besides Taron Johnson. Murray was literally just signed a month ago. You don't sign a guy a veteran and then immediately release him. 

Dawkins hasn't lived up to his deal and had an average at best year last season. He looks out of shape this offseason. I don't think it's a coincidence that they didn't do a Dawkins restructure amongst the MANY they've done this offseason. They may want to get out from under it after this season if he underperforms again or simply move on after the 2024 season and restructuring his deal would make that more difficult.

Fun to play Madden arm chair GM - but most of that stuff is unrealistic.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I mean you're literally just naming players on the roster and that's your whole argument that the team has weapons.

And you're discrediting all of them because unless the team has two Superstar, All Pro, Household names, we apparently have nothing.

I could understand your concerns if Beane had simply said "Davis will bounce back" and didn't do anything. But he spent a 1st and a 4th on Kincaid and targeted Harty on Day 1 of FA as insurance. And it's not like we were completely barren before then having Diggs, Davis, and Knox already in the fold. And also Shakir in his second season and wild cards like Shorter and Sherfield.

You see "need" when it's really just a "want". Hopkins is a luxury to Beane or else he would have made the trade or gotten it done already.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.