Frazier Permanently Gone?

It sounds like, as some surmised, that Frazier is out permanently:

The NFL released a memo on Wednesday listing the 40 participants of the league’s 2023 coach accelerator program May 21-23.

Leslie Frazier’s name was included in the memo, however, he was one of three head-coaching hopefuls (along with Pep Hamilton and Kris Richard) to not have a team affiliation next to his name.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/does-leslie-frazier-s-latest-venture-hint-he-won-t-return-to-bills-in-2024/ar-AA1bkG6e?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b643a44bc2294b33ae7f8a3b6dd8b453&ei=44

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

however, he was one of three head-coaching hopefuls (along with Pep Hamilton and Kris Richard) to not have a team affiliation next to his name.

His contract with the Bills expired, so there's no team affiliation. It's not a sign of anything we didn't already know. (And I think we all knew he wouldn't be back when they said he was taking a year off.)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, wppete said:

Yea no one seriously thought he would be back…. That was the softest firing ever. The Bills didn’t want the backlash. 

Oh, there's plenty of posters here who thought he was coming back 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I can’t believe anyone really thought he was coming back.

Same.

7 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

His contract with the Bills expired, so there's no team affiliation. It's not a sign of anything we didn't already know. (And I think we all knew he wouldn't be back when they said he was taking a year off.)

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I feel like this might be an overlooked circumstance unless the bills notified the league he was let go and it was all just puff saying he was taking time off.

I would be very surprised given it wouldn’t be a direct transition from Buffalo to the HC role…

Anyway… probably a moot point as chances are low of him getting a HC gig..

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Same.

Dated 4 months ago 

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I wonder if there was 1 year left on his contract and the team offered to pay him to take the year off.

Either way, there was no coming back from this.

B9-DCBCF8-561-F-4-C84-8912-3367-E107-D3-

his soft and refusal to press coverage was infuriating, esp. with Elam who is good in press coverage.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would be very surprised given it wouldn’t be a direct transition from Buffalo to the HC role…

Anyway… probably a moot point as chances are low of him getting a HC gig..

Dated 4 months ago 

If he's still under contract but on a "leave of absence" then it should still count.

Either way, I agree.  He's not going to get a HC job if he "needed to take time off".

• Like (+1) 1

When he left, I think his return was up in the air, but it's always been known that Frazier would like another chance to be a head coach in the NFL and would take it if he got the opportunity.  I don't think things have materially changed.  I think any one of three things could happen:  1.  Frazier could return to Buffalo.  2.  Frazier could get his long awaited chance at another head coaching gig.  3.  Sean McDermott could decide that the Bills are better off without Frazier.  Either he might continue to make calls on the defense or he might bring in a different defensive coordinator.  

There is also, I suppose, a fourth possible outcome.  Maybe Leslie Frazier decides to hang it up.  I don't think that is likely at this point, but you never know.  Only one of the four alternate futures has Frazier coming back, so I guess you'd have to say the odds favor him not returning to the Bills. 

Did anyone really thinking he was going to be coming back after a year off the job?  Try taking a year off of your job and see if its waiting for you when you get back.

This is and always was a way for the Bills to move on from Frazier in a respectful fashion without damaging his reputation.   I think its likely his contract runs out after this year.   He still gets paid for the year, and the Bills dont have to publicly fire him. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.