1,076 Yards, TE Rookie Record = 1961

Mikie2times

Gronkowski and Hernandez had 1,327 and 910 yards, respectively in 2011, their best year. If Allen throws for 4,500 yards (265 yards/game), here's a possible breakdown:

• Diggs 1,250
  • Kincaid 850
  • Davis  800
  • Knox  500
  • RBs 550
  • Other WR 550

I don't know if Kincaid gets to the record (and keep in mind it's in more games). I think this is a reasonable distribution, maybe Allen goes for 5,000...

Barring an injury to Dawson Knox, I'd say there's no chance.  It hasn't happened in 60 years.  Also, when was the last time the Bills had a rookie 1000 yard receiver?  Have we ever even had a "stud" non-QB skill position rookie under the current regime?  McDermott brings these rooks along very slowly.  I'm expecting a "disappointing" first 6-8 games of the Kincaid era with lots of handwringing from the fanbase, before he emerges in the second half and ends up somewhere in the 40 catch, 500 yard range.  

10 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

I think it should just be average yards per games in season. Total yards/17 games weather you play them all or not.

availability matters.

That's literally just total yards with extra steps.

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Unless Diggs gets hurt, no way this is happening.

That’s 7-8 targets per game. Beasley was around that many targets. Do you doubt his ability to get open, or more Allen choosing to go elsewhere? 

16 hours ago, T master said:

Question - Will there need to be a asterisk put by who ever breaks it because of the amount of games played when Ditka did it ? 

I would hope that if a modern day TE did break his record that has stood for so many years that they could break the record in either the same or a lessor amount of games than Mike did then there wouldn't have to be any excuses like the ones that say the RB's didn't break the 2K record in 14 games like OJ .

The NFL decided when it went to a 16 game season that it would not have asterisks about records like OJ's single season record.  But, it's still a fact that he did it in 14 games, which means he still has the highest average yards per game over an entire season.  (I didn't check that but I'm pretty sure it's true.)

All records fall. It would be awesome to see Kincaid do it.

I doubt it will happen though as Kincaid is likely not going to be the deep target.  I would assume he will work the middle and end zone on short and medium routes in the middle of the field. There will also be an issue with the number of targets. How often is he going to get the ball?

Kincaid's actually "fantasy" numbers is one thing.  What his effect on the overall offense is another.

Beane himself has already said more than once that Kincaid could help the O dictate more to what opposing Ds counter with.

Could, hidden in the actual targets and catches, be a different effect on the running game and RB catches?

Could Knox, coming off the line, have a different defensive scheme against him?  Could this equate in more catches for him?

It's not that Kincaid becomes a "decoy", but it is possible his presence causes other opportunities for other skill players too.

I will be happy with Kincaid's rookie season if any of these possibilities are added to his actual catches/yardage/1st downs and TDs.

It's about the total offensive success, not the individual stats.

6 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

1200 yards where you play all 17 games is very different than 1200 yards where you play only 12

I agree, but you said "Total yards/17 games weather you play them all or not.  availability matters."

So you're making conflicting statements.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.