52. Seattle Seahawks- Steve Avila OG Texas Christian University

53. Chicago Bears- Gervon Dexter DT University of Florida

54. LA Chargers- B.J. Ojulari DE LSU

55. Detroit Lions- Cody Mauch OG North Dakota State University

56. Jacksonville Jaguars- Byron Young DE University of Tennessee

57. New York Giants- John Michael Schmitz OC University of Minnesota

58. Dallas Cowboys- Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State University

59. Buffalo Bills- Jartavius Martin Safety University of Illinois

- Much like the Dalton Kincaid pick, I don't expect this pick to be initially popular for fans. Martin is a jack of all trades defensive back who would be a great special teamer in year 1 before replacing either Jordan Poyer or Micah Hyde next year. Martin lacks bulk but he is a very willing tackler, has flex position wise. I will readily admit that I believe Buffalo will trade down from this spot. The OL Targets are off of the board. If you want Dawand Jones I get it but not sure the Bills do and the rest of the OT/IOL guys and DT's worthy of taking at this selection are gone. I do not include Benton from Wisconsin as a worthy 2nd round pick hence why I think a trade down is a serious consideration to regain picks.

60. Cincinnati Bengals- Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA

61. Chicago Bears- Julius Brents CB Kansas State University

62. Philadelphia Eagles- Sydney Brown S University of Illinois

63. Kansas City Chiefs- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State University

3rd Round

64. Chicago Bears- Derick Hall DE University of Auburn

65. Houston Texans- Cedric Tillman WR University of Tennessee

66. Philadelphia Eagles- Carter Warren OT Pittsburgh 

67. Denver Broncos- D.J. Turner CB University of Michigan

68. Denver Broncos- Tyler Steen OT/OG University of Alabama

69. LA Rams- Yaya Diaby DE University of Louisville

70. Las Vegas Raiders- Clark Phillips CB University of Utah

71. New Orleans Saints- Darnell Washington TE University of Georgia

72. Tennessee Titans- Tyler Scott WR University of Cincinnati

73. Houston Texans- Darius Rush CB University of South Carolina

74. Cleveland Browns- Keannu Benton DT University of Wisconsin

75. Atlanta Falcons- Kobie Turner DT Wake Forest University

76. New England Patriots- Antonio Johnson S Texas A &M

77. LA Rams- Isaiah McGuire DE University of Missouri

78. Green Bay Packers- Nick Saldiveri OL Old Dominion University

79. Indianapolis Colts- Daiyan Henley LB Washington State University

80. Pittsburgh Steelers- Marvin Mims WR University of Oklahoma

81. Arizona Cardinals- Zacch Pickens DT University of South Carolina

82. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Luke Schoonmaker TE University of Michigan

83. Seattle Seahawks- Dorian Williams LB Tulane

84. Miami Dolphins- Chandler Zavala OG NC state

85. LA Chargers- Brenton Strange TE Penn State

86. Baltimore Ravens- Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami

87. Minnesota Vikings- Riley Moss DB Iowa

88. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jordan Battle S Alabama

89. New York Giants- Nathaniel Dell WR Houston

90. Dallas Cowboys- Israel Abanikanda RB Pittsburgh

91. Buffalo Bills- Siaki Ika DT Baylor

- The Bills want to get bigger on the Defensive Line and have no one under contract after this year. Ika fits the mold and will be an eventual replacement for Daquan Jones or in a rotation with him if they re-sign him at some point before he gets the market.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Nice job on the mock, but I’d be going crazy if they didn’t take Jones in that scenario. 

Ahh, I think Jones is one of those problem big guys. If Beane packaged 137 and 59, by the standard chart he could get to 55. I'd trade up for Mauch or Schmitz. Like Ika at 91, btw.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, I think Jones is one of those problem big guys. If Beane packaged 137 and 59, by the standard chart he could get to 55. I'd trade up for Mauch or Schmitz. Like Ika at 91, btw.

I’d be down with that. Unless an unexpected weapon is available (Hyatt?), I feel pretty strongly we need to address the lines or LB tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes a safety would be great in round two! I mean, who needs blocking for a future HOF QB? 

All jokes aside, a safety or corner is what I sadly expect.

I fully expect a trade back in round 2. I don’t see an OL to draft at 59 and I don’t see them giving up equity to trade up unless they really love someone and it’s close to their pick 

I think Martin is a helluva player.  Pass

Ika in rd 3 would be nice

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I fully expect a trade back in round 2. I don’t see an OL to draft at 59 and I don’t see them giving up equity to trade up unless they really love someone and it’s close to their pick 

They should imo.  

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I’d be down with that. Unless an unexpected weapon is available (Hyatt?), I feel pretty strongly we need to address the lines or LB tonight. 

Trenton Simpson and Drew Sanders are still there. I'm not sure they get to 59 or even in range of a trade up. I like Mingo and Hyatt at 59, but unless you're trading Gabe Davis, I don't see how one could justify a second round pick on WR given the distribution of available targets now that Kincaid has been added. Adebewore, Benton, Pickens, Dexter, and Ika (lot of good to decent DTs available day 2). There are some good veteran FAs still out there at edge, so I think Beane will concentrate in the middle.

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll only invite him if he agrees to play LT and no I’m not kidding 

Honestly, I've thought about this. I think he might be a Jason Peters story if he is open to it.

Edited by Dr. Who

I want to die after reading our picks in your mock. 

Im just not, at all, interested in drafting guys on Day 1 or Day 2 that won’t immediately impact.  Especially at 59.  

Ika is fine, as long as we’re good with his medicals. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Trenton Simpson and Drew Sanders are still there. I'm not sure they get to 59 or even in range of a trade up. I like Mingo and Hyatt at 59, but unless you're trading Gabe Davis, I don't see how one could justify a second round pick on WR given the distribution of available targets now that Kincaid has been added. Adebewore, Benton, Pickens, Dexter, and Ika (lot of good to decent DTs available day 2). There are some good veteran FAs still out there at edge, so I think Beane will concentrate in the middle.

Honestly, I've thought about this. I think he might be a Jason Peters story if he is open to it.

I don’t know how his agent hasn’t told him to to vouch for that. Left Tackles are so critical and he could make way more as a Tackle than a TE. It would be such a business savvy move

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not sure Simpson or Sanders gets to us, but would be thrilled with either. 

Hyatt could be the long term replacement for Gabe. He’s not a high target guy anyway, but tracks those deep balls so well it’s tantalizing to think of him catching bombs from Josh. 

But yeah, after LB (and the two aforementioned are probably the only ones I’d grab at 59) both lines should be the priority. Go with best big boy available. 

• Like (+1) 1

You do know we have Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, signed Taylor Rapp, and Damar Hamlin is returning, right? 

Even if you want to make the argument that Hyde and Rapp only have one year on their deal - that's something you address next season.

We need a LB, OL Help, and an X WR. Spending both Day 2 Picks on things we'll need next season is madness. Especially when we went TE Round 1.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Would continue the yearly tradition of Beane throwing his second round pick in the garbage so…

Yea Martin is a hell of a player so I think that’s hyperbole but immediate impact I get it but there are no OL worth it at this pick. You could argue Benton with me for sure and I could register that 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

61. Chicago Bears- Julius Brents CB Kansas State University

62. Philadelphia Eagles- Sydney Brown S University of Illinois

63. Kansas City Chiefs- Dawand Jones OT Ohio State University

if the board falls the way you project, I think the Bills would take one of these three players before Martin. 

I wouldn't mind Martin if Beane doesn't land who he truly desires. The guy is a physical freak who's always around the ball and plays all secondary positions at a repectable level.

Combine Results:

40-Yard Dash

Seconds

10-Yard Split

Seconds

Vertical Jump

44’’

Broad Jump

11’ 1’’

Bench Press

Reps

Those are elite numbers.

Just now, Chaos said:

if the board falls the way you project, I think the Bills would take one of these three players before Martin. 

I disagree I don’t think Dawand Jones is high on the board of the Bills, I think Martin is a better prospect than Brown though it’s close and Martin visited the Bills and Brown didn’t. and Brents I do expect to go higher just couldn’t find a spot for him

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

I disagree I don’t think Dawand Jones is high on the board of the Bills, I think Martin is a better prospect than Brown though it’s close and Martin visited the Bills and Brown didn’t. and Brents I do expect to go higher just couldn’t find a spot for him

Bills met with Brents, if that is an indicator for you. 

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I wouldn't mind Martin if Beane doesn't land who he truly desires. The guy is a physical freak who's always around the ball and plays all secondary positions at a repectable level.

Combine Results:

40-Yard Dash

Seconds

10-Yard Split

Seconds

Vertical Jump

44’’

Broad Jump

11’ 1’’

Bench Press

Reps

Those are elite numbers.

You can’t convince them until he actually gets picked by the Bills and then they’ll look into it more and realize he’s a good player that’s par the course for fans Anger, Denial , Acceptance 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

You can’t convince them until he actually gets picked by the Bills and then they’ll look into it more and realize he’s a good player that’s par the course for fans Anger, Denial , Acceptance 

Combine measurables would suggest Turner ahead of Martin. 

image.thumb.png.7b3852de29b440f0d35a3dec5b8d650c.png

image.thumb.png.817bce9605a00ada772aa017ea380358.png

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

You were more right than me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.