Chicago Bears Ticket Tax Introduced: To Pay SoldierField Debt

ExiledInIllinois

If the city did not insert language in the contract that the Bears would be on the hook for remaining stadium debt costs should they move before paid off, then the city did it wrong.  

Chicago is an absolute mess right now and I'm not getting in to that.  The team is re-locating because this situation has become untenable and contractually it appears as though they are not obligated to pay off this debt.  

Fans should not have to pay for the city's incompetence.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I'm ignorant. What's going on in Chicago? 

Pretty much the same stuff that goes on in most big cities.

I live about 90 miles from The Loop and I have no qualms about going into the city. Been there many times and enjoyed my visits. Like any city, there are places that should be avoided, but I've never felt unsafe in downtown Chicago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They only need to sell 66,666,666 tickets or 833 games at 80k a game. so roughly 105 years all paid up

That stadium will not have an 80k capacity lol. My quick and dirty calculations assumed 65k seats and sold out every game. 

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I live about 90 miles from The Loop and I have no qualms about going into the city. Been there many times and enjoyed my visits. Like any city, there are places that should be avoided, but I've never felt unsafe in downtown Chicago.

I guess you avoid Millenium Park. https://www.google.com/search?q=chicago+millennium+park+teens

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Guess you weren't there for "teen takeover" night🤦

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.