Jim Kelly vs. Lesean McCoy

Shemp

4 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

The comments here, to this specific post - attempting to denigrate Jim Kelly, have to be some of the most ignorant on the entire internet.  
For Jim Kelly’s critics, what makes you so perfect ? What have you accomplished?  What makes you superior to him?

Sure, JK has had flaws, he’s admitted it, shared some regrets, and since then has contributed FAR more to the Western NY community than most.  To be blunt, if you’re a critic of Jim Kelly, you’re a total loser! And if the moderators here need to ban me for it, so be it.  But anyone with an ounce of sense knows I’m right. Cant believe this nonsense is even being discussed - especially here in a Bills fan forum no less. 
For those too young to remember or to have observed, Jim Kelly has donated a tremendous amount of his time, money, resources, friendship and personal concern to many, many thousands of Western New York residents.  For that, he will always be loved and admired, and in this case be defended -at least by me! 

You don't know anyone here, so stuff your "you're a loser" ad hominem attack. The man went after Shady and Shady didn't forget. He's not wrong- he did in fact lose every time in the big game, so he's not lying or engaging in hyperbole. You're acting as if the man is untouchable and it's just a tad bit ridiculous to stake your posting ability on. If you can't take the heat then maybe you should get out of the kitchen, just saying...

• Dislike 1

Firmly in the Kelly camp here. He's obviously watching the team more closely. A guy has 12 carries max at UGA and a lot of people deem he's gonna tear up the NFL. I don't get that. You'll see the game a lot more clearly Id think when you stop watching Stephen A Smith, Kay Adam's, and and that other guy on with Sharpe. Those shows are for laughs and not more than 2 mins of viewing time. I know this board loves Kay Adam's and it explains a lot of the nonsense, but the serious side is you let the brass off the hook cause they give ya a little entertainment. After 4 losses I think most true supporters, like Kelly, want a Supetbowl asap.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:59 AM, Shemp said:

Ooch. Ouch. These two guys are now going at it.

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-jim-kelly-trash-talk/

Yeah, that first ballot HOFer and loser, Jim Kelly.

Shady is obviously still mad about what Kelly said about the stretching during the anthem thing.  The Bills SB losses have nothing to do with if a RB or WR is the better option for the Bills now.  Shady going there is low class. 

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

Kay Adams was looking to stir headlines with this interview as I didn’t even know she had a show. Shady needs to cool his jets a bit it’s not like Shady did anything monumental here had a couple good years for the Bills and went on his way. Literally got two Super Bowl rings for gaining less than 500 yards between the Chiefs and Bucs. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:44 AM, Niagara Bill said:

Fine words...100% agree.

Jim was more of a team leader in 1 week than McCoy was in his whole career.

Jim has done more for WNY in 1 day than McCoy could in a lifetime.

Beware those who try to build themselves up by tearing others down.

My sense of McCoy when he occasionally played was he was a fake, glad my sense was confirmed. 

I was super young but didn’t Kelly cause the bickering bills? Wasn’t Kelly out drinking during the SBs? Didn’t Kelly not want to come to Buffalo? Aren’t there a million terrible stories Kelly stories out there and he would have been in major trouble if social media existed when he played?

I think McCoy is a clown. But it’s hilarious how some of you hero worship guys. Kelly was a great, though overrated by bills fans qb, who sounds like he did some awful things. I do salute him for becoming a “born again Christian” at 50 when he wasn’t a superstar though. Obviously I would pick Kelly over McCoy but let’s not pretend he was something he wasn’t. 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:44 AM, Niagara Bill said:

Fine words...100% agree.

Jim was more of a team leader in 1 week than McCoy was in his whole career.

Jim has done more for WNY in 1 day than McCoy could in a lifetime.

Beware those who try to build themselves up by tearing others down.

My sense of McCoy when he occasionally played was he was a fake, glad my sense was confirmed. 

This is some politicians’ whole platform 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was super young but didn’t Kelly cause the bickering bills? Wasn’t Kelly out drinking during the SBs? Didn’t Kelly not want to come to Buffalo? Aren’t there a million terrible stories Kelly stories out there and he would have been in major trouble if social media existed when he played?

I think McCoy is a clown. But it’s hilarious how some of you hero worship guys. Kelly was a great, though overrated by bills fans qb, who sounds like he did some awful things. I do salute him for becoming a “born again Christian” at 50 when he wasn’t a superstar though. Obviously I would pick Kelly over McCoy but let’s not pretend he was something he wasn’t. 

This is some politicians’ whole platform 

Jim was not a Saint...FOR SURE, but came, grew into a man, became a leader maybe because of Marv and Jill. He suffered with his family thru Hunters life and turned a tragic situation into a positive, still holds football camp in Buffalo, lives here, treated the fans with respect, spent enough at Big Tree to support Orchard Park, and grew to be humble. 

McCoy...is now more disgusting than he was 10 yrs ago.

No comparison!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think McCoy is a clown. But it’s hilarious how some of you hero worship guys. Kelly was a great, though overrated by bills fans qb, who sounds like he did some awful things. 

They never sniff the superbowl without him. From his first game they were instantly competitive. He's under-rated.  He'd be in the conversation with all those guys they argue as the goat qb if fg was good.

• Agree 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

True but you might consider throwing in Bledsoe, Flutie and Daryle Lamonica even though none of them garnered their notoriety from playing in Buffalo.

I also liked Fitzpatrick, can't question his effort even if he fell short at times at least he kept trying.

• Agree 2

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

They never sniff the superbowl without him. From his first game they were instantly competitive. He's under-rated.  He'd be in the conversation with all those guys they argue as the goat qb if fg was good.

Kelly is the best qb in bills history (Allen will have a shot to replace him if he keeps this up). But are we forgetting how loaded they were? They had a top 3 RB and HOF, 2 HOF receivers, good TEs, maybe the best back up rb, a very good o line, and a good if underachieving defense.  Next to the 49ers, they had the most loaded roster in the nfl during the 90s. 

Kelly is very good but I won’t consider him great. His playoff numbers were awful. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00/gamelog/post/  So while he is one of legends, do I think we win some SBs wirh Marino or Elway? Absolutely. With all due respect. 

Many years ago, in a small town in western New York, two teenage boys were suddenly orphaned when their parents unexpectedly died within a few months of each other.  A short while later, someone came up with the idea of having some kind of fund raising event for the two boys at the local high school. Somehow, the word got to Jim Kelly and he agreed to come along with several of his team mates.  Needless to say the school was jam-packed with people and the fund raiser was a huge success.  Jim spoke to the crowd and the two boys and he was wonderful.  Later that year, Jim didn't forget about the boys, he had a limo come to the town, picked up the boys, brought them to the stadium and the two boys watched a Bill's game from the sideline.  Jim Kelly was and still is a great person.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, Gregg said:

When you look at the Bills history with QB's there are only 4 worth mentioning. Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly, Allen. 

I disagree. Doug Flutie had a historical career and saw success in 3 different leagues. And is a NCAA and CFL HOFer. His role should be well-cemented in the story of football. IMO he is well worth mentioning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.