The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

His trade scenario for Denver is Sutton and a third. 

That would be absolutely insane. 

If we’re taking on an apocalyptic dead cap hit to trade one of the best WR’s in the NFL … telling me Denver is open to offering Sutton and a 3rd Round Pick is absurd. 

Top 5 route runner in the league (possibly top 3 with Adams and Kupp), for a player who is basically gabe davis on his 2nd contract (sub 60% catch percentage, downfield threat, contested catch WR)... and a 3rd round pick in 2024 that helps 0 for 2023.   Thats a terrible trade.  

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/15/2023 at 1:50 PM, Unsavory Peterman said:

What does Mike Schopp say about this?  (Is that guy still around)

He's patiently waiting for Vegas to release odds on "when will Diggs and Allen argue on the sideline" before he can form an opinion.

• Haha (+1) 1

Relationships without mutual respect aren't really relationships, but rather interactions. Interactions are transactional. Interactions lack investing in the other person. Interactions are giving up something for something else in return, like buying a soda and a convenience store.

Interaction is a job. Relationship is a career. 

I've seen a lot of people mentioned in this thread. Think about how each of these people view their time in Buffalo?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Relationships without mutual respect aren't really relationships, but rather interactions. Interactions are transactional. Interactions lack investing in the other person. Interactions are giving up something for something else in return, like buying a soda and a convenience store.

Interaction is a job. Relationship is a career. 

I've seen a lot of people mentioned in this thread. Think about how each of these people view their time in Buffalo?

So would it be a relationship or an interaction since I responded?

I invested my time to find out even though I don't know you but might care about what your perspective is regarding our status even though I don't think I've responded to one of your posts before.

• Thank you (+1) 1

These reporters have nothing to do this time of year...
 Stephan Diggs is unhappy with his situation and wants out??? Surely he isn't that dumb...where is he going to go where he is in a better situation? Chiefs dont have the Cap, Bengals and Philly don't need a receiver, You're angry about losing in the playoffs so the Cowboys aren't going to change that. San Diego? Jacksonville? can't say that's better. Our Oline should be improved, Kincaid and some other slot additions, better RBs. There's the Bengals game where he got heated sure, but he might have watched some tape and seen that Josh was getting gang rapped every snap. His best scenario is to take that passion and us it to lead, getting on teamates for slacking, dogging, make every rep count.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I should be gloating because the Allen-Diggs problem I suggested, and was criticized for, has only gotten bigger proving I was right to be concerned. 

But...

(1)  I'm a Bills fan and I don't want there to be a problem.

(2) A lot of stuff in the media sounds like nonsense.  Even as someone who suspects there might be a problem, I'm not buying some of the stories circulating right now.  Too much rumor and speculation.  And sometimes, I hate to say, I do think some media guys invent sources to mouth something newsworthy.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

40 million dead cap in 2024 if traded. If that's true, then Diggs will be a Buffalo Bill for at least two years.

The "writer" who dreamed up this scenario didn't do his homework about the cost to the Bills. He could've just as easy pulled a Cooper Kupp or Deebo Samuel scenario out of his butt as well and probably already has.

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I should be gloating because the Allen-Diggs problem I suggested, and was criticized for, has only gotten bigger proving I was right to be concerned. 

But...

(1)  I'm a Bills fan and I don't want there to be a problem.

(2) A lot of stuff in the media sounds like nonsense.  Even as someone who suspects there might be a problem, I'm not buying some of the stories circulating right now.  Too much rumor and speculation.  And sometimes, I hate to say, I do think some media guys invent sources to mouth something newsworthy.  

No disrespect but there is literally zero evidence of any kind that there is a “Allen-Diggs” problem, and in fact a ton of evidence suggesting there isn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect but there is literally zero evidence of any kind that there is a “Allen-Diggs” problem, and in fact a ton of evidence suggesting there isn’t.  

Cmon bro, haven’t you read the “reports”?  The reports say that Josh and Britt broke up because Josh tried to kiss Stefon and grab his ****.   The reports then say that Diggs didn’t like that and told Britt.  Stef and Britt are now privately engaged, according to the same reports. 

• Haha (+1) 1

shots fired 😂😂

“I’ve loved what I’ve seen from Trent (Sherfield) so far; the dude works extremely hard. He’s one of the hardest-working guys on the team. Doesn’t complain about anything . He’s rolling right now,” Allen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:13 PM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Top 5 route runner in the league (possibly top 3 with Adams and Kupp), for a player who is basically gabe davis on his 2nd contract (sub 60% catch percentage, downfield threat, contested catch WR)... and a 3rd round pick in 2024 that helps 0 for 2023.   Thats a terrible trade.  

100% agree.  That would indeed, be a terrible trade.

I know Ben Albright has good connections and knows some Ball but that's actually bad on the level of some of the crazy trade posts we get here, along the lines of "Oliver sucks, let's trade him and a 5th round pick to the Vikings for Justin Jefferson" or the like. (Proposing we trade a player who is disappointing to us, to another team for one of their best players and peanuts in picks.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:48 PM, Pirate Angel said:

These reporters have nothing to do this time of year...
 Stephan Diggs is unhappy with his situation and wants out??? Surely he isn't that dumb...where is he going to go where he is in a better situation? Chiefs dont have the Cap, Bengals and Philly don't need a receiver, You're angry about losing in the playoffs so the Cowboys aren't going to change that. San Diego? Jacksonville? can't say that's better. Our Oline should be improved, Kincaid and some other slot additions, better RBs. There's the Bengals game where he got heated sure, but he might have watched some tape and seen that Josh was getting gang rapped every snap. His best scenario is to take that passion and us it to lead, getting on teamates for slacking, dogging, make every rep count.

If Diggs wants to be helpful,  try riding the players who are underperforming.  Josh is not the problem and no one wants to win it all more than him.  I think the Cincy loss simply exploded bent up emotions from Stefon after dealing with 3 straight years of brutal playoff exits.  This has nothing to do with girlfriends, salary or not enough touches.  If it is about playing somewhere else, Diggs better convince Jerry Jones to give us a ton in a trade.  Beane's not getting fleeced.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

27 minutes ago, arcane said:

Why am I seeing that allen quote all over today? I'm pretty sure he said that like 3 weeks ago? Unless he gave an interview I missed today, despite being nowhere near facilities, and saying the same thing almost exactly word for word

It's from 3 weeks ago, during voluntary OTAs.  You're just seeing it all over today because some pundit used it to suggest Allen was throwing shade at Diggs.

I think it's pretty clear from the original context that it wasn't a "dig" at Diggs, Allen was asked to comment on the new receivers and he gave props to Sherfield.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's from 3 weeks ago, during voluntary OTAs.  You're just seeing it all over today because some pundit used it to suggest Allen was throwing shade at Diggs.

I think it's pretty clear from the original context that it wasn't a "dig" at Diggs, Allen was asked to comment on the new receivers and he gave props to Sherfield.

Right, I remember that whole interview having the theme of "I wish Diggs was here but I'm glad i'm getting this time with guys who wouldn't get it if he was here"

So stupid. I never thought highly of nfl pundits but my view of them has tanked this summer

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah I'd assume majority of us know it's nonsense and clearly Josh would never do such a thing. There's always someone though lol

59 minutes ago, arcane said:

Right, I remember that whole interview having the theme of "I wish Diggs was here but I'm glad i'm getting this time with guys who wouldn't get it if he was here"

So stupid. I never thought highly of nfl pundits but my view of them has tanked this summer

Have you ever heard of a QB complementing a WR by saying that “he doesn’t complain”, though?  I think he was sending a message to Diggs, and I respect him for it.  As great as Diggs is, he’s Pippen.  Seems like they’ve patched it up, and I don’t think Josh would make that comment today.  It actually makes more sense that he said it three weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1