Nyheim Hines auditioning for "Fan Favorite"

Beck Water

I personally kinda feel he should concentrate on being the best player for the Bills he can be - it was great that Christian Wade was a fine drummer but would have rather seen him be a fine American football player.

But maybe that's my inner Grinch talking....I know there are a fair number of guys on the Bills who are interested in music - Tim Settle I believe has a recording studio in his basement etc - and it is just OTAs, I suppose you can't live and breathe them 24/7

• Eyeroll 6

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I personally kinda feel he should concentrate on being the best player for the Bills he can be - it was great that Christian Wade was a fine drummer but would have rather seen him be a fine American football player.

But maybe that's my inner Grinch talking....I know there are a fair number of guys on the Bills who are interested in music - Tim Settle I believe has a recording studio in his basement etc - and it is just OTAs, I suppose you can't live and breathe them 24/7

Guys don't work out , practice or football 24 hours a day. They're entitled to a personal life, just like YOU are ,Mr. GRINCH

• Agree 8

I think he can concentrate on being the best RB he can be while having someone plan a party for him.  

He’s a vet RB that’s in ridiculous shape.  What else can he do?  Athletes need to have past times.  It can’t be football 24/7

He’s not married.  He doesn’t have any kids.  He’s a 26 year old, single multimillionaire.  He’s trying to engage with the fan base for an evening and on social media….. 

you think he should concentrate 24/7 on football?  Cmon

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think he can concentrate on being the best RB he can be while having someone plan a party for him.  

He’s a better an RB that’s in ridiculous shape.  What else can he do?  Athletes need to have past times.  It can’t be football 24/7

He’s not married.  He doesn’t have any kids.  He’s a 26 year old, single multimillionaire.  He’s trying to engage with the fan base for an evening and on social media….. 

you think he should concentrate 24/7 on football?  Cmon

It's a valid point that his effort in planning said shredding session may be "call my personal assistant, give him a budget and tell him 'make it so' in which case, sure, it's a recreational activity equivalent to any night out.

It's also a valid point that given two people of roughly equal talent, the one who is most obsessed with putting in the work will tend to go further, while the "part timer" may slide

And I really do dislike when people do the straw man "you think..." projection thing.  Given that I actually wrote "it is just OTAs, I suppose you can't live and breathe them 24/7", this seems lamer than the usual.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Fan Favorite ?

Score a couple of Kickoff return TD's against the Chiefs and I will adopt you.

Doesn't have to be against the Chiefs for me.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

It's a valid point that his effort in planning said shredding session may be "call my personal assistant and tell him 'make it so'

It's also a valid point that given two people of roughly equal talent, the one who is most obsessed with putting in the work will tend to go further, while the "part timer" may slide

Being obsessed doesn’t mean you are football 24/7 and can’t have a hobby and want to have a night out with the fans…. The two aren’t mutually exclusive 

the guy is single.  No wife.  No kids. No one is football 24/7-  if he wasn’t trying to interact with the fans and exposing his past time on social media, he’d be doing something else in his free time and not announcing it on social media.  It wouldn’t be football 24/7.  That’s just not healthy for one’s mind imo.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's OTAs, he'll be fine.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love it.  I think that part of what makes the Bills franchise so special is the team's deep connection with the fanbase and community.  I don't think that having a party in April will have any bearing on Hines' ability to be ready for the season.  I'm an "old" guy with a busy job, a wife and kids, I don't play an instrument, I can't sing for sh*t, and I don't even live in the Buffalo area anymore, but what Hines is proposing sounds like a lot of fun, so I hope local Bills fans connect with him and have a blast doing this.

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Being obsessed doesn’t mean you are football 24/7 and can’t have a hobby and want to have a night out with the fans…. The two aren’t mutually exclusive 

the guy is single.  No wife.  No kids. No one is football 24/7-  if he wasn’t trying to interact with the fans and exposing his past time on social media, he’d be doing something else in his free time and not announcing it on social media.  It wouldn’t be football 24/7.  That’s just not healthy for one’s mind imo.  

Ah Ha! That's it. While I'm sure not new, it's a good way.....no, a great way to find hot chicks to hook up with. 

You Know It Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

0% concerned by this.

It’s healthy to have a life outside of football - even better when it’s healthy outlets like Rockband instead of hardcore drugs and drinking. 

I’d encourage it honestly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Imagine if all we did was what we did as a professional. 
-At work I stock groceries, and at home I only organize and fill my cupboards. 
- At work I sell Cars, so at home I put sales signs on all my neighbors cars just cuz...ya never know. 

That’s really not an apt analogy at all, but carry on

51 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That’s really not an apt analogy at all, but carry on

That's fine. The point is that if a dude wants to have fun doing something else aside from football 100% of his time, then so be it. One day these guys will have a life that has nothing to do with ball. They shouldn't have to have this ridiculous standard put on them. But yes I took some liberties  

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You're joking right, Beck?  I mean...you have to be joking, correct?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It's a valid point that his effort in planning said shredding session may be "call my personal assistant, give him a budget and tell him 'make it so' in which case, sure, it's a recreational activity equivalent to any night out.

And I really do dislike when people do the straw man "you think..." projection thing.  Given that I actually wrote "it is just OTAs, I suppose you can't live and breathe them 24/7", this seems lamer than the usual.

Doesn't have to be against the Chiefs for me.

How do you feel about Josh Allen's golf hobby? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.