London Updated

corta765

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Bills have ZERO to do with this event, this is 100% owned by the NFL

And this shows, despite what Goodell says, how much respect they have for the people who fill their stadiums every week.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, bildawg said:

Other than Stubhub; anyone have a recommendation on which secondary ticket provider is best for tickets in London?

So sportsbreaks had 4000 tickets to the game but already sold out 3 other vendors in Europe that also had tickets to this game,have also sold out.

I got 2 tickets today from a local travel agent (tickets plus hotel). A friend had mentioned he had seen an advert from them yesterday... Gave them a call and they had 2 left, so snapped them up.

Delighted.  See you there boys and girls!!

The hotel looks to be in a good central location too (Russel Square).

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

I got 2 tickets today from a local travel agent (tickets plus hotel). A friend had mentioned he had seen an advert from them yesterday... Gave them a call and they had 2 left, so snapped them up.

Delighted.  See you there boys and girls!!

The hotel looks to be in a good central location too (Russel Square).

Go Bills!

Great stuff, NI. I’m glad you got sorted 👍 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't have tickets to the Bills game yet, but I do have:

1) My ticket to London;

2) My ticket to Arsenal v. Man City (COYG)

Fingers crossed that I will be able to get a ticket to the Bills game . . . .

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I don't have tickets to the Bills game yet, but I do have:

1) My ticket to London;

2) My ticket to Arsenal v. Man City (COYG)

Fingers crossed that I will be able to get a ticket to the Bills game . . . .

Best of luck with the Bills lottery tomorrow! 

Out of curiosity, how did you get the Arsenal tickets? I’ve been looking into the secondary market on that. Less than I might have thought considering the two teams, but still a bit stiff….

@SoCal Deek The Championship fixtures have been released. In London on Saturday 7 October you have Millwall v Hull (what a treat) and QPR v Blackburn. 

The fixtures may move because of TV but looking at them for Saturday 7 October then one which way move on police advice would be Sunderland v Middlesbrough. And Leicester v Stoke. And Birmingham v West Brom. Jesus it's a rough day for the police officers of the UK. 

10 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

That's a result for me BritBill, I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan, so will try and make that QPR match too.  The wife had mentioned possibly doing something 'not sport related' on the Saturday... She may have to do that on her own now!

Good luck with breaking the news to her! Always plenty of time before and after the match. 

I once squeezed in Slavia Prague v Monaco on a "romantic" trip to Prague. You can do it 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

@SoCal Deek The Championship fixtures have been released. In London on Saturday 7 October you have Millwall v Hull (what a treat) and QPR v Blackburn. 

The fixtures may move because of TV but looking at them for Saturday 7 October then one which way move on police advice would be Sunderland v Middlesbrough. And Leicester v Stoke. And Birmingham v West Brom. Jesus it's a rough day for the police officers of the UK. 

OK.  I am curious.  Why would the police recommend these particular matches be moved?   Are these rivalry games with reputations for violence? And what is wrong with Milwall vs. Hull?

16 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

OK.  I am curious.  Why would the police recommend these particular matches be moved?   Are these rivalry games with reputations for violence? And what is wrong with Milwall vs. Hull?

You've pretty much answered your own question really. Sunderland and Middlesbrough are close geographically and will be a large crowd. West Bromwich is basically a suburb of Birmingham  and again will involve large movements of people who won't necessary get along too well. The same with Leicester and Stoke but not as close geographically.

Millwall are er, just Millwall. And there was some fair level trouble between themselves and Hull at an FA Cup game a few years ago which has stoked fires. 

Just something to be wary of in terms of kick off times being changed but I reckon the two games in London will stick to 3pm on the Saturday unless Sky want to show them live. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BritBill said:

You've pretty much answered your own question really. Sunderland and Middlesbrough are close geographically and will be a large crowd. West Bromwich is basically a suburb of Birmingham  and again will involve large movements of people who won't necessary get along too well. The same with Leicester and Stoke but not as close geographically.

Millwall are er, just Millwall. And there was some fair level trouble between themselves and Hull at an FA Cup game a few years ago which has stoked fires. 

Just something to be wary of in terms of kick off times being changed but I reckon the two games in London will stick to 3pm on the Saturday unless Sky want to show them live. 

Yea I'd expect the two London games to be unmoved. My strong, strong, strong advice for people looking for a Chanpionship game is go to QPR. Millwall is not only one of the most violent fan bases but their ground is just a nightmare to get in and out of. It is a bit in the arse end of nowhere. Which takes some doing in London. 

Loftus Road (QPR) is a proper old English football ground where it is hidden among terraced streets. Not the best views of the pitch in some spots but a proper english football experience.

Alternatively - Leyton Orient and Charlton are both at home in League One. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I'd expect the two London games to be unmoved. My strong, strong, strong advice for people looking for a Chanpionship game is go to QPR. Millwall is not only one of the most violent fan bases but their ground is just a nightmare to get in and out of. It is a bit in the arse end of nowhere. Which takes some doing in London. 

Loftus Road (QPR) is a proper old English football ground where it is hidden among terraced streets. Not the best views of the pitch in some spots but a proper english football experience.

Alternatively - Leyton Orient and Charlton are both at home in League One. 

Also worth noting for our American friends Wrexham are playing at Crawley on the Saturday too. Crawley not being too difficult to get to from London. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Also worth noting for our American friends Wrexham are playing at Crawley on the Saturday too. Crawley not being too difficult to get to from London. 

Thats my plan.  With it being an away game, would you have any concerns taking kids if wearing Wrexham stuff?

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Thats my plan.  With it being an away game, would you have any concerns taking kids if wearing Wrexham stuff?

To Crawley? Lord no. There'll be more Wrexham fans than Crawley. 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Not from the Crawley fans. But you can sometimes get really fussy old blokes on turnstiles lower down the leagues who get funny about letting people into the home end in away colours. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.