London Updated

corta765

38 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Here are your Premier League fixtures for the weekend 6/7/8 October

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/scores-fixtures/2023-10

I reckon Arsenal v Man City will get moved to be on tele. 

Fulham v Sheff Utd will be your best bet for a game in the capital. 

Yea Arsenal - City will be moved for tv. And tickets will be gold dust anyway. 

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

Fulham v Sheff Utd & Palace v Forest will be your best bets for a game in the capital. 

Thanks Brit

We might try and take the train down to Brighton. But they’re hosting Liverpool so once again tickets might be tough. 

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Brit

We might try and take the train down to Brighton. But they’re hosting Liverpool so once again tickets might be tough. 

Yes, I suspect so. Also worth keeping an eye on those teams (like Brighton) who are playing in European competition next season. Their games tend to get moved to the Sunday if they've played in Europe on the Thursday. 

The likes of Fulham and Palace won't have that problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yes, I suspect so. Also worth keeping an eye on those teams (like Brighton) who are playing in European competition next season. Their games tend to get moved to the Sunday if they've played in Europe on the Thursday. 

The likes of Fulham and Palace won't have that problem. 

I’ve heard that Palace stadium’s somewhat of a dump. Have you been to match there? 

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve heard that Palace stadium’s somewhat of a dump. Have you been to match there? 

Nope. My team has never played them while I've been alive! 

It's certainly regarded as one of the older school grounds. I reckon it would be a good experience. 

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

Fulham v Sheff Utd & Palace v Forest will be your best bets for a game in the capital. 

West Ham v Newcastle is also a good option, providing it doesn't get moved to the Sunday

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Brit

Brighton's game wth Liverpool will definitely be moved from the Saturday as we have a Europa League game on the Thursday beforehand. I'm hoping it will be moved to the Monday, but it's highly likely that it will be a direct clash with the Bills game, unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I've had the dubious pleasure of visiting Selhurst on many ocassions, but my experience may be somewhat clouded by the fact that our fixtures there have a bit of an 'edge' to them (Palace v Brighton is a rivalry match) and there is always a very heavy police presence. The view from the away end is atrocious, but I expect there are better sightlines to be had from elsewhere in the ground (facing away from the pitch. Sorry, couldn't help myself). It's not the nicest part of town, but it would certainly give you an 'old school' experience. If it's a choice between Fulham and Palace, I'd go for Fulham every time - it's one of my favourite away trips of the season. 

19 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I've had the dubious pleasure of visiting Selhurst on many ocassions, but my experience may be somewhat clouded by the fact that our fixtures there have a bit of an 'edge' to them (Palace v Brighton is a rivalry match) and there is always a very heavy police presence. The view from the away end is atrocious, but I expect there are better sightlines to be had from elsewhere in the ground (facing away from the pitch. Sorry, couldn't help myself). It's not the nicest part of town, but it would certainly give you an 'old school' experience. If it's a choice between Fulham and Palace, I'd go for Fulham every time - it's one of my favourite away trips of the season. 

Much appreciated! I’ve been to the Cottage but not since they built the new riverside stand. Fulham v Sheffield may be the best bet for the Saturday before the Bills game. I’d be interested in going up to Luton but I understand their stadium is tiny. So I’m thinking tickets will be really hard to get, especially with Tottenham in town. 

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Much appreciated! I’ve been to the Cottage but not since they built the new riverside stand. Fulham v Sheffield may be the best bet for the Saturday before the Bills game. I’d be interested in going up to Luton but I understand their stadium is tiny. So I’m thinking tickets will be really hard to get, especially with Tottenham in town. 

Tickets will be like gold dust for most games at Luton this season, plus there's a high chance that Spurs game gets moved (for TV) anyhow. If you're not wedded to the idea of Premier League football - and, no offence, Fulham v Sheffield United isn't the most glamorous of matches - you might want to wait and see what the EFL fixture computer list chucks out next week for the next tier down. 

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Tickets will be like gold dust for most games at Luton this season, plus there's a high chance that Spurs game gets moved (for TV) anyhow. If you're not wedded to the idea of Premier League football - and, no offence, Fulham v Sheffield United isn't the most glamorous of matches - you might want to wait and see what the EFL fixture computer list chucks out next week for the next tier down. 

We’ve been to a couple of Championship matches. We had a blast at Loftus Road, and went up to Watford one time. The atmosphere is just as much fun and the tickets are way cheaper. Especially if you don’t care all that much who you see. 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Arsenal - City will be moved for tv. And tickets will be gold dust anyway. 

I think I will be going to Arsenal/City. I should know more in the next couple of days.

Presuming the Arsenal game stays on Saturday, the weekend will work out perfectly.

(North) London is Red, White and Blue.

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you have reservations about the areas around Selhurst Park being a shithole then you'll be in for a right treat in Luton 😁

The fixtures for my soccer team don't get released until early July but I'm hoping they're away to a team in the London area the day before the Bills/Jags game. 

I bagged some tickets for the Bills game last night. Plenty of tickets becoming available on the secondary markets from those who renewed London games season tickets but aren't using them for a certain game. I paid face value for 2 adult and 2 child tickets . 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Brighton's game wth Liverpool will definitely be moved from the Saturday as we have a Europa League game on the Thursday beforehand. I'm hoping it will be moved to the Monday, but it's highly likely that it will be a direct clash with the Bills game, unfortunately. 

Just looking at it and it appears there are European competitions fixtures for the entire week leading up to the Bills game. If anybody is here for the week and wanting to watch a decent game of soccer those fixtures will probably be easier to get tickets for. 

16 hours ago, GrimboG said:

West Ham v Newcastle is also a good option, providing it doesn't get moved to the Sunday

I think it will as Wikipedia suggest European competition fixtures will be held the week of the Bills game. Meaning West Ham will more than likely play the Thursday in Europe and Premier league on the Sunday. 

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

Just looking at it and it appears there are European competitions fixtures for the entire week leading up to the Bills game. If anybody is here for the week and wanting to watch a decent game of soccer those fixtures will probably be easier to get tickets for. 

I think it will as Wikipedia suggest European competition fixtures will be held the week of the Bills game. Meaning West Ham will more than likely play the Thursday in Europe and Premier league on the Sunday. 

Yea West Ham will be Sunday. They are Thursday Cup Division 1 next year after gloriously lifting Thursday Cup Division 2 this year.

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea West Ham will be Sunday. They are Thursday Cup Division 1 next year after gloriously lifting Thursday Cup Division 2 this year.

Yes, they saw the season out well. Unlike some.......

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

If you have reservations about the areas around Selhurst Park being a shithole then you'll be in for a right treat in Luton 😁

The fixtures for my soccer team don't get released until early July but I'm hoping they're away to a team in the London area the day before the Bills/Jags game. 

I bagged some tickets for the Bills game last night. Plenty of tickets becoming available on the secondary markets from those who renewed London games season tickets but aren't using them for a certain game. I paid face value for 2 adult and 2 child tickets . 

Brit….What secondary market?

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Brit….What secondary market?

I'm a member of a Facebook group which acts a third party for people to sell on their tickets. It's mainly fans who've bought London games season tickets but can't make both games so look to sell the unwanted tickets on. Strict rules are applied  Tickets have to be sold for face value via PayPal (to protect the buyer). Private chats to set up the sale are facilitated by the page moderators. 

You have to be very quick when posts go up offering tickets for sale. The first person to reply saying they are interested gets a chat set up with the seller. And you go from there. 

I can PM you the group name if you want to have a look? 

• Like (+1) 1

Looking into tickets for Premier League games and noticed that there are secondary market tickets from various ticket brokers for the Arsenal-Man City game, which would be expensive, but phenomenal to see. (I've dreamed of going to an Arsenal game since reading Fever Pitch--have toured Emirates, but never been to a game.)

Some questions for our UK Bills fans friends, if they don't mind.

I seem to recall someone saying that the folks at Emirates frown on scalped tickets to the point of not letting people in with them. Am I misremembering that? Or are ticket brokers common/allowed in the UK? Any particular ones to consider or avoid?

And finally, is there a chance this game gets moved time/place-wise because it's a huge game? If moved, would it be just later that night or possibly go another day? I'd hate to shell out and then not be able to go.

Many thanks in advance....

18 hours ago, Augie said:

Just booked flight and hotel. All I need now is one of those elusive game tickets! 

At the very least I’ll get my first trip to London, so how bad could it be?    

We’ll make sure you get a ticket 👍 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MattM said:

Looking into tickets for Premier League games and noticed that there are secondary market tickets from various ticket brokers for the Arsenal-Man City game, which would be expensive, but phenomenal to see. (I've dreamed of going to an Arsenal game since reading Fever Pitch--have toured Emirates, but never been to a game.)

Some questions for our UK Bills fans friends, if they don't mind.

I seem to recall someone saying that the folks at Emirates frown on scalped tickets to the point of not letting people in with them. Am I misremembering that? Or are ticket brokers common/allowed in the UK? Any particular ones to consider or avoid?

And finally, is there a chance this game gets moved time/place-wise because it's a huge game? If moved, would it be just later that night or possibly go another day? I'd hate to shell out and then not be able to go.

Many thanks in advance....

I’d say just be careful. Commons sense will prevail. StubHub is a common ticket re-sales market. Tickets for this game will be like rocking horse ***** considering last season. 

Gunner has mentioned in an earlier post he’s expecting the Arsenal v Man City game to be moved from the 3pm Saturday spot it’s currently in. However, it may be the case the powers that be might not want an NFL game and a big crowd at the Emirates in the same day. 

Once the TV fixtures for that period of the season are announced I’ll let

you know 👍 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Any thoughts as to when the best time will be to purchase tickets on the secondary markets (such as StubHub) (i.e., now or closer to the date of the game)?

Closer to game will be cheaper. Now will guarantee there are tickets available. 

I mentioned in a previous post I know a good Facebook page selling unwanted season tickets for the game at face value. I can PM you the name of it if you want to go down that route. 

37 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Any thoughts as to when the best time will be to purchase tickets on the secondary markets (such as StubHub) (i.e., now or closer to the date of the game)?

This is a good question. Having said that, after booking the flight and hotel, I realize that if I have to spend a couple hundred more than I’d like for a ticket, it’s just one more drop in the bucket. I’ll probably overpay early just to have some peace of mind. 

Also, a great seat would be nice, but ANY seat will do just fine. We went to a Super Bowl (Minneapolis) and had almost the worst seats in the house. Second from the top row in the end zone. I saw the same game everyone else did, and I checked a SB game off the bucket list. Where I sat is not what I regret about that game! 

• Like (+1) 1

Is there an official TwoBillsDrive tailgate for the London Game?  Or has anyone seen any options other than this one:

ALL-INCLUSIVE TAILGATE - Access to Our ALL-INCLUSIVE Tailgate Party just steps from Tottenham Stadium hosted by Andre Reed!!!

I'm curious to see where this tailgate is considering there isn't a lot of parking or open space around the stadium, etc.

Update: Actually, I don't even know if this tailgate is an option unless you buy one of their packages.

Edited by BillStime

Email received yesterday re ticket sale on Thursday:

"Thank you for registering for 2023 NFL London Games tickets. As you already have an NFL Tottenham eticketing account we suggest you log-in again prior to the day of sale on Thursday June 22 at 12pm BST to ensure your account is up to date.

Here is your client reference number which you will need to log-in with:
######

Prior to the sale starting at 12pm on Thursday June 22, there will be a waiting room in place. At 12pm, everyone in the waiting room will be allocated a place in the queue at random.

Registering for tickets gives you access to the sale. It does not guarantee you tickets, which are subject to availability."

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Presale was a disaster!! I got in and then just error messages

It doesn't start for 7 more minutes.  They even tell you to not log in early, or you will need to log out and start over again

Well, that was a ***** joke.  The only section they had available for "priority" season ticket holders were in the upper endzones.  Everything else was random single tickets.

The communication, execution, and entire process for this game has been a joke.  The true prioritized were those buying vacation packages or premiere packages.

***** them

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Well, that was a ***** joke.  The only section they had available for "priority" season ticket holders were in the upper endzones.  Everything else was random single tickets.

The communication, execution, and entire process for this game has been a joke.  The true prioritized were those buying vacation packages or premiere packages.

***** them

Yep, complete freaking cluster. What a mess the whole way round. 

This is an NFL operation and completely out of the Bills hands, by why we as season ticket holders take it up the rear is beyond me. 

Just awful.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Presale was a disaster!! I got in and then just error messages

I even got back in, had tickets selected...then it kicked me out saying i was a bot. Once i confirmed was not, tickets had magically disappeared. Complete screw job by the NFL. And why even bother on Thursday if that was all the tickets they had for "exclusive ST access"

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, complete freaking cluster. What a mess the whole way round. 

This is an NFL operation and completely out of the Bills hands, by why we as season ticket holders take it up the rear is beyond me. 

Just awful.

I even got back in, had tickets selected...then it kicked me out saying i was a bot. Once i confirmed was not, tickets had magically disappeared. Complete screw job by the NFL. And why even bother on Thursday if that was all the tickets they had for "exclusive ST access"

Where were the tickets you had in your cart?  Just curious if you found anything not upper endzone

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Where were the tickets you had in your cart?  Just curious if you found anything not upper endzone

Upper end zone, but like row 4 or so..92 pounds...never got to a cart..i had added the tickets...then the bot thing came out. From what i saw, less than 1K tickets available for sure, looked more like a couple hundred , all in that upper end zone section

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Mine started at 10 am est

yea, part of the screw up...it put you in the waiting room, then put you in Que at 10...then kicked you right out at 10 as actual sale did not start still 10;30. Everyone did the same thing, then had to click that link in the email at exactly 10:30 put you right into buying tickets

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.