London Updated

corta765

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. International break is due to be 9th to the 17th. There will be soccer games in London on Saturday 7th if people want to fit one in during a visit. One would expect Spurs will be away on the Saturday (think the stadium turnaround takes about 48 hours) so that means the mighty Arsenal are likely to be at home. Although now we are good again tickets are likely gold dust. But there will be any number of other London based teams in the Premier League and Championship that are at home that weekend. 

As @BritBill says - soccer schedules will be released next month. 

Lots to choose from:

Arsenal

Brighton

Brentford

Fulham

Chelsea 

Not quite sure if there’s another London area club that might be promoted up from the Championship. Maybe Millwall? 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. International break is due to be 9th to the 17th. There will be soccer games in London on Saturday 7th if people want to fit one in during a visit. One would expect Spurs will be away on the Saturday (think the stadium turnaround takes about 48 hours) so that means the mighty Arsenal are likely to be at home. Although now we are good again tickets are likely gold dust. But there will be any number of other London based teams in the Premier League and Championship that are at home that weekend. 

There could even be Champions League games on that Wednesday? You'd have to get lucky as it looks like Arsenal will be London's sole representative next season.  

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Lots to choose from:

Arsenal

Brighton

Brentford

Fulham

Chelsea 

Not quite sure if there’s another London area club that might be promoted up from the Championship. Maybe Millwall? 

Brighton ain't London but doable. Millwall yes. Luton isn't too far away. Crystal Palace is another. 

Edited by BritBill

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

There could even be Champions League games on that Wednesday? You'd have to get lucky as it looks like Arsenal will be London's sole representative next season.  

Millwall yes. Luton isn't too far away. Crystal palace is another. 

Ha! Thanks… I always forget about Crystal Palace. 

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Right around where we have had our bye for the last couple of years. Maybe one week earlier. 

Bye's no longer coincide with Euro trip unless team wants it. Last two years bye was week 7, teams typically prefer a late bye so wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo is week 10-11ish this year.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Many thanks, GB--I'd love to see an Arsenal game while there. Toured Emirates Stadium a few years back, but have never been to a game there.

By "gold dust," do you mean almost impossible to get or just very expensive, and if the latter, any sense how much secondary market tickets might run?

Edited by MattM

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Lots to choose from:

Arsenal

Brighton

Brentford

Fulham

Chelsea 

There is West Ham too, and Crystal Palace. Brighton isn't London but is only about 90 minutes away. Luton is about an hour and they are in the Championship promotion race as are Millwall.

Edited by GunnerBill

48 minutes ago, MattM said:

Many thanks, GB--I'd love to see an Arsenal game while there. Toured Emirates Stadium a few years back, but have never been to a game there.

By "gold dust," do you mean almost impossible to get or just very expensive, and if the latter, any sense how much secondary market tickets might run?

The former, or try your luck with a tout and then the latter.... but Arsenal are really cracking down on touting. I get emails frequently telling me about touting rings that have been cracked and people who have bought them from touts not getting in. 

Will depend a little bit on who they get that week as well. If they are home to Bournemouth you have a shot. If it is home to Manchester United you have no chance (and the game would almost certainly be moved to Sunday and clash with the Bills too).

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is West Ham too, and Crystal Palace. Brighton isn't London but is only about 90 minutes away. Luton is about an hour and they are in the Championship promotion race as are Millwall.

Thanks

I forgot all about West Ham. I’ve never been too interested in going to the Olympic stadium. It looks cavernous on TV. We took a train down to Brighton last time just to see the coast. It was super easy and the town is cool! If I recall though the Amex stadium isn’t really near the train station. 

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks

I forgot all about West Ham. I’ve never been too interested in going to the Olympic stadium. It looks cavernous on TV. We took a train down to Brighton last time just to see the coast. It was super easy and the town is cool! If I recall though the Amex stadium isn’t really near the train station. 

Well, the Bills are a small market team performing well of late with a loyal long starved fan base.  Why not drive 6 hours and see another team like that with an intro like this:

1 minute ago, OGTEleven said:

Well, the Bills are a small market team performing well of late with a loyal long starved fan base.  Why not drive 6 hours and see another team like that with an intro like this:

I may just take you up on it. 😂 We’ve already been to Leicester, Watford, Fulham, QPR, and Chelsea…along with Wembley and hopefully Tottenham of course. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks

I use this website when planning visits to grounds other than my team’s

https://footballgroundguide.com/

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.