London Updated

corta765

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

A 9:30 AM start  , our time , a bit too early for beer.. Bloody Marys i guess. 

If you are tailgating at the stadium, then drinking beer that early is not only acceptable behavior its normal :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

To be fair, Palace are quite forgettable (although I would say that, as a Brighton fan 😁). If the Bills trip to London coincides with a home game for Brighton then I'll be only too happy to advise on ticketing/travel. Depending on where you start from in London, you can get to The Amex in around an hour and a quarter by train. Brighton is a good option if you fancy seeing somewhere a bit 'different', and match tickets aren't completely unobtainable in the same way as the top London clubs. 

Roadrunner - I apologize for butting in. I plan to go to the game. Can you advise what part of London to stay if I would like to see the tourist sites as well as the game? Our plan is to be in London for about a week. probably the weekend focused on the Bills (Bills backer bars or whatever on Saturday and game on Sunday) and 4 or 5 days for tourist stuff. 

Thank you in advance. 

6 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Roadrunner - I apologize for butting in. I plan to go to the game. Can you advise what part of London to stay if I would like to see the tourist sites as well as the game? Our plan is to be in London for about a week. probably the weekend focused on the Bills (Bills backer bars or whatever on Saturday and game on Sunday) and 4 or 5 days for tourist stuff. 

Thank you in advance. 

Leo, now I’ll apologize for butting in. My recommendation is to make sure your hotel is close to a Tube Station. The Tube is fantastic for getting around London, and you definitely do not need a car. We’ve always stayed in the Kensington area, which is just west of the City center and close to Earl’s Court; the main station that connects many of the London Underground lines. From Earl’s Court you can get to pretty much anywhere in just a few minutes. And regarding sightseeing, virtually all of the best known sites are within walking distance along the Thames River. It’s a full day for sure but within it you can see just about every place you’ve heard of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Leo, now I’ll apologize for butting in. My recommendation is to make sure your hotel is close to a Tube Station. The Tube is fantastic for getting around London, and you definitely do not need a car. We’ve always stayed in the Kensington area, which is just west of the City center and close to Earl’s Court; the main station that connects many of the London Underground lines. From Earl’s Court you can get to pretty much anywhere in just a few minutes. And regarding sightseeing, virtually all of the best known sites are within walking distance along the Thames River. It’s a full day for sure but within it you can see just about every place you’ve heard of. 

Definitely have a good walk if you can. If you get lost, just search on your phone for the nearest tube station. You'll lever be far from one. 

Some excellent self-guided walks can be found here - https://www.londonforfree.net/

Edited by BritBill

6 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Definitely have a good walk if you can. If you get lost, just search on your phone for the nearest tube station. You'll lever be far from one. 

Some excellent self-guided walks can be found here - https://www.londonforfree.net/

We’ve been taking the Heathrow Express from the airport. It gets you into the City in just a few minutes and is way cheaper than a cab ride. Once at St Pancras Station, you can get anywhere on the Tube. You can get Express tickets online or right there at the airport. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’ve been taking the Heathrow Express from the airport. It gets you into the City in just a few minutes and is way cheaper than a cab ride. Once at St Pancras Station, you can get anywhere on the Tube. You can get Express tickets online or right there at the airport. 

When we go to London our train arrives at King Cross (joined onto St Pancras) and we tend to stay in hotels not far from there. 

Gunner is probably better placed to advise on places to stay with him being from down there but the transport in London is so extensive and easy you really can't go wrong in terms of location. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BritBill said:

When we go to London our train arrives at King Cross (joined onto St Pancras) and we tend to stay in hotels not far from there. 

Gunner is probably better placed to advise on places to stay with him being from down there but the transport in London is so extensive and easy you really can't go wrong in terms of location. 

Thank you and also SoCal Deek.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Thank you in advance. 

Although I have been to London hundreds of time and stayed there often, I live on the south coast (Sussex) which is around 90mins away by train. I'm sure there will be others reading this thread living closer who will be better placed to advise on accomodation in London, but there are so many options - it really depends on your budget and how you want to get around. You can save a lot of money by being prepared to travel in and out of the tourist areas each day, though. 

Public transport in London is excellent and relatively cheap if you tap in and out with a bank card (there is a daily price cap), so even if you take a cheaper accommodation option away from the centre you shouldn't be more than a short tube ride away from the sights. The Tottenham stadium is north of central London, but I wouldn't recommend staying in that area as it's not a very nice part of town. It's easily reached from central London though, there are a few closer stations but these get very busy and most people choose to walk the 30mins from Seven Sisters on matchdays.  I'll obviously be checking this thread regularly, hopefully I'll get a ticket for the game (that won't be easy) so if you don't get any better answers than mine I'll do my best to help.

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Thank you and also SoCal Deek.

Saratoga

If you’ve never been, I highly recommend staying an extra couple of days and taking the bullet train to Paris and back. It’s CHEAP, and the two hour ride is incredibly relaxing. The Eurostar leaves from London about every hour. If you’re traveling with a significant other you are going to score points that’ll last you a lifetime once she steps foot onto the streets of Paris. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Although I have been to London hundreds of time and stayed there often, I live on the south coast (Sussex) which is around 90mins away by train. I'm sure there will be others reading this thread living closer who will be better placed to advise on accomodation in London, but there are so many options - it really depends on your budget and how you want to get around. You can save a lot of money by being prepared to travel in and out of the tourist areas each day, though. 

Public transport in London is excellent and relatively cheap if you tap in and out with a bank card (there is a daily price cap), so even if you take a cheaper accommodation option away from the centre you shouldn't be more than a short tube ride away from the sights. The Tottenham stadium is north of central London, but I wouldn't recommend staying in that area as it's not a very nice part of town. It's easily reached from central London though, there are a few closer stations but these get very busy and most people choose to walk the 30mins from Seven Sisters on matchdays.  I'll obviously be checking this thread regularly, hopefully I'll get a ticket for the game (that won't be easy) so if you don't get any better answers than mine I'll do my best to help.

Thank you. I have already put my name on the ticket list from the stadium. which I think uses Ticketmaster. They are supposed to email with details

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Saratoga

If you’ve never been, I highly recommend staying an extra couple of days and taking the bullet train to Paris and back. It’s CHEAP, and the two hour ride is incredibly relaxing. The Eurostar leaves from London about every hour. If you’re traveling with a significant other you are going to score points that’ll last you a lifetime once she steps foot onto the streets of Paris. 

Sounds like a real good idea. I am retired so time is not an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Will know for sure this time tomorrow 👍

We will. I got some accomodation booked last week before the rush.

Any idea when tickets will go on sale? Is it typically very soon after the schedule release?  I'm seeing some reports of June but thought it would be much sooner.

5 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

We will. I got some accomodation booked last week before the rush.

Any idea when tickets will go on sale? Is it typically very soon after the schedule release?  I'm seeing some reports of June but thought it would be much sooner.

Where did you book to stay? We'll be coming down for the day unless my soccer team ends up playing in or around London on the Saturday.

I suspect tickets will go on sale fairly sharpish. Last year, for some reason, I got sent a pre-sale link for the Jaguars game so got them. I can't see that happening for the Bills or Titans home games at Spurs. 

I reckon when they send an email confirming the games tomorrow they'll be further details about tickets. 

21 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Where did you book to stay? We'll be coming down for the day unless my soccer team ends up playing in or around London on the Saturday.

I suspect tickets will go on sale fairly sharpish. Last year, for some reason, I got sent a pre-sale link for the Jaguars game so got them. I can't see that happening for the Bills or Titans home games at Spurs. 

I reckon when they send an email confirming the games tomorrow they'll be further details about tickets. 

Cheers... Booked a place about 2 or 3 miles from the stadium, the Royal Oak I think... Not 5 star but reasonably priced, was just worried with the leaks around the date that accomodation would be snapped up quickly.

My nextdoor neighbour is a Raiders fan, so now he's on board too 😄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.