Cover 1 Just put out a new Mock Draft, Edge round 1.

PrimeTime101

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who did they pick?

Will McDonald, Iowa State. Wasn't exactly an overwhelming favorite,because they discussed WR and LB. Took a center in Rd 2 ( they were ok with Tippman or Whyple) them WR Jalen Reed in the 3rd. I couldn't listen any longer than that 

54 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

Edge is sneaky need. Who are we banking on? 34 year old Von coming off of ACL surgery? Rousseau to make a huge leap. AJE and Boogie are definition of JAG. This defense becomes extremely soft without a rush. No more Frazier, this is McDs defense this year. He is going to want to put his stamp on it. 1st pick is definitely defense imo. ILB is a more glaring need but edge is not far behind at all. 

okay...1. Campbell

2. Foskey

3. BPA  DT

Just now, Herb Nightly said:

Will McDonald, Iowa State. Wasn't exactly an overwhelming favorite,because they discussed WR and LB. Took a center in Rd 2 ( they were ok with Tippman or Whyple) them WR Jalen Reed in the 3rd. I couldn't listen any longer than that 

Change round 2 to OT and I would absolutely love this draft! 👍

24 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

We need Campbell.

He's gonna be Urlacher 2.0 ...He'll be ready to start day one and just keep getting better...for 5 yrs!   I do like the next 2 picks !

He'll look like a savvy vet compared to the last 1st. rd. rookie we threw in there.

Edited by nosejob

44 minutes ago, nosejob said:

We need Campbell.

He's gonna be Urlacher 2.0 ...He'll be ready to start day one and just keep getting better...for 5 yrs!   I do like the next 2 picks !

He'll look like a savvy vet compared to the last 1st. rd. rookie we threw in there.

If Campbell is a 3 down starter from day 1 and for 5 years, that is a perfectly good use of pick 27. (some ifs in there though)

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I do feel like we could use another piece at EDGE, but I wonder if it doesn’t make more sense to just wait until we get closer to camp and sign one of the many pass rushers still available.  

This is a huge year for Rousseau, and the Bills will want to give Epenesa every chance to show he warrants a legit second contract, here, or elsewhere, but we could really use a reliable vet pass rusher to throw in the rotation and allow us to bring Von back slowly.  

If we do go defense again 27, it should be DL.   LB is just such a value waste for that pick in a modern defense. 

Epenesa stinks. How many years of stinkness do you need to figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think there are any middle linebackers who are close to a first round value in the draft.  A case can be made for drafting Trenton Simpson at 27 and hoping you can teach him how to play MLB, but Sanders and Campbell are second round values IMO.  Will McDonald IV would not be my pick either. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So I slammed them hard in live chat about going Edge in round 1 and ignoring ILB in early rounds. But... Listening to them talk about going Edge in round 1. They do make sense though I still disagree. I am hoping I am right about going Edge round 1 is a horrible decision but maybe someone here can prove me wrong?

here is the link.

Will McDonald is a much better prospect then Campbell. Kid has massive potential can easily be double digit sack lineman in the NFL. He played 5tech in 3-4 defense and still has 34 sacks in his college career and that’s with him being massively undersized for the 5 tech position. Will Mc is at around 236lbs right now if he can get himself up to 255 by yr 2 he’s going to be an absolute stud. 

I don’t know why people lean to taking less talented players just because it’s a position of so called need. The difference makers in the NFL make the difference not your prototype players. Right now we are very short on difference making talent. I’ll take McDonald over Campbell any day and twice on Sundays. 

• Like (+1) 1

Because it’s a premium position AND a position of need. Just because you haven’t had success drafting it in recent years doesn’t mean you stop trying to get it right. I know it’s a hot take, but I would have absolutely zero issues with Beane drafting another DE (or even another DT) in the 1st round if they’re the BPA.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

IDK, I think going Defense round 1 or the thought of it, in yet another draft? just makes me physically ill lol

I agree, but somehow we have a huge hole in defense with 5 straight years of first round picks...🙄

MLB won't fix itself. I still hope for a OL player but value doesn't look great so IDK.

4 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Campbell is not a 1st round talent imo.

2022 unanimous All American 1st team...2nd team in 2021...Captain...Academic All-Big Ten for three years...Butkus Award as top linebacker in the nation in 22, and semi-finalist in 2021...

The 7th best RAS athlete at LB in the history of recording RAS...By way of comparison...Tremaine Edmunds is an excellent athlete with an excellent RAS, and he's 88th in RAS all time...And Campbell is FAR more experienced at MLB coming in, and a much more instinctive player entering the NFL.

But sure...Not a 1st round talent...B-)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Guys, I don't think most people commenting here understand what the Cover 1 mock draft was about...

It was dealing with a random computer-generated mock and they had to pick from the remaining players that the computer left them each round. The three guys said several times that the generation was NOT kind to them in the first two rounds. And a no-trade rule.

This is NOT who they advocate the Bills should pick; it was just a fun exercise of playing with some draft generator and justifying who the Bills should take based on where the board happened to fall.

The Cover 1 guy said he wanted WR, O-line or MLB first round. But none of the players the guys liked at those positions happened to be left at 27. They also acknowledged that Beane wound not wait if a guy he really like was a few spots away; Beane would swing a trade.

Relax. They're not saying pick edge with 27th overall.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.