New stadium cost goes up from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion.

cba fan

Now reported the deal is for $1.54 billion and Pegs is responsible for the $140 million additional cost from the original of $1.4 billion.

so we have cost overrun before one shovel is in the ground yet. lol. Considering the long construction timeframe, the volitivity of steel and supplies prices, some add ons these projects always get, and some inevitable construction cost surprises, you can bet this will approach 2 billion when done. 

Pegs is responsible for all cost overruns. 

I was widely criticized for harping on Pegs would end up paying over 50%, however, that is on track as we speak.

NY state     600 mill

Pegs/NFL   550 mill(250 mill is from NFL program Bills pd into for decades and will pay in for eternity. So is Pegs contribution. Bills actually eventually will pay

more into this then they get out of it until next new stadium is built in Buffalo)

Erie Co.      250 mill

Pegs             50 mill for Highmark demo.

cost o-run  140 million Pegs cost.

so Pegs is paying $740 mill already. Almost 50% already.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Now reported the deal is for $1.54 billion and Pegs is responsible for the $140 million additional cost from the original of $1.4 billion.

so we have cost overrun before one shovel is in the ground yet. lol. Considering the long construction timeframe, the volitivity of steel and supplies prices, some add ons these projects always get, and some inevitable construction cost surprises, you can bet this will approach 2 billion when done. 

Pegs is responsible for all cost overruns. 

I was widely criticized for harping on Pegs would end up paying over 50%, however, that is on track as we speak.

NY state     600 mill

Pegs/NFL   550 mill(250 mill is from NFL program Bills pd into for decades and will pay in for eternity. So is Pegs contribution. Bills actually eventually will pay

more into this then they get out of it until next new stadium is built in Buffalo)

Erie Co.      250 mill

Pegs             50 mill for Highmark demo.

cost o-run  140 million Pegs cost.

so Pegs is paying $740 mill already. Almost 50% already.

You obviously missed the reason for the $140 Million extra cost.

- Bigger canopy covering the fans

- Enhanced electronics and amenities throughout the stadium to enhance the game day experience for the fans

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Draconator said:

You obviously missed the reason for the $140 Million extra cost.

- Bigger canopy covering the fans

- Enhanced electronics and amenities throughout the stadium to enhance the game day experience for the fans

Are we sure it states bigger canopy “covering the fans” because all I saw the other day when this came out was bigger canopy. For all we know that’s covering concessions somewhere, or ticket checkers, or in the walkway on the way in. Which I guess would cover fans, but we don’t know for sure it’s what I’m assuming you mean by overhang inside the stadium. 

I believe you are right but let’s not assume that’s 100% accurate is all I’m saying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Are we sure it states bigger canopy “covering the fans” because all I saw the other day when this came out was bigger canopy. For all we know that’s covering concessions somewhere, or ticket checkers, or in the walkway on the way in. Which I guess would cover fans, but we don’t know for sure it’s what I’m assuming you mean by overhang inside the stadium. 

I believe you are right but let’s not assume that’s 100% accurate is all I’m saying. 

All good. 

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

We need a smaller visitors locker room with 2 light bulbs. 

While we’re at it let’s make sure all the lighting in the visitor locker room are heat lamps. So that by the time they get outside in the cold they freeze. 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

But how will this affect the renderings?

Oh no, this is all JUST for the renderings. The stadium will be extra! 

Are they responsible for ALL cost overruns, or just after construction begins. I don’t know the details, but I’m pretty sure the overruns will be significant coin. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.