Star Wars movies and shows

Just Jack

24 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It's sci-fi.  Anything is possible. 😁

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe a clone of him died.

eh I'm sure they can come up with something, definitely wouldn't just say ***** it he's back or anything though...that'd be lazy.

• Haha (+1) 2

A vocal set of Star Wars “fans” just love to crap on the sequels and Daisy Ridley, but I for one (for the most part, but Ruin Johnson did really screw things up pretty bad) enjoyed them. Watching some of the deleted scenes, including Luke’s third lesson that didn’t make it in 🙄😠, helped. Twenty minutes of Canto Bight that was entirely pointless but he skimped on Luke and Jedi training.

So happy that she’s getting another turn at it and this time with Dave Filoni now at the full creative controls for all of SW. Better writing, better & more cohesive plot, and now filming in The Volume makes so many more things possible on budget.

(I dunno if Favreau will have much input, as he seems to enjoy / focus on the Mando stuff.)

IMG_7963.jpeg

Edited by UConn James
  • Agree 1

On 4/8/2023 at 12:29 AM, UConn James said:

unimpressed gordon ramsay GIF

Yes. Gold. I’ll also take a silver for only seeing one-half episode total of Star Trek.  It was the one where Frank Gorshin had half white and half black face.  I got bored and switched to WWWF.  I think Johnny Rodz actually won a match.  Which is remarkable.

Edited by Irv

Return Of The Jedi will be back in theaters, for the 40th anniversary.  How many will go see it? 

SWCE 2023: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Will Be Back in Theaters for 40th Anniversary Celebration | StarWars.com

Today, fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 were the first to learn that the beloved sixth chapter in the Skywalker saga, Return of the Jedi, is heading back to theaters — its first official release in 26 years. Starting April 28, Return of the Jedi will return to select theaters in the US, UK,  and other regions for a limited time, welcoming a whole new generation of fans to enjoy a full theatrical presentation of the iconic film for the very first time.

The problem with the sequel trilogy isn't so much the protagonist (though Finn is the more natural protagonist than Rey) or even ruining Luke's character but the laziness that led to both of those decisions. Oh, Anakin wasn't the chosen one after all. Oh, look, Palpatine is actually not dead. Oh, the Empire wasn't actually defeated. Oh, Leia never went on to be a great stateswoman. Oh, no, Luke never really made it as a Jedi Master. Han is never redeemed from his criminal past. Let's just reset all of that so we can just hit rewind and run the same story as the original trilogy all over again. Junk collector (moisture farmer) from backwater planet Jakku (Tatooine) encounters a BB-8 (R2 unit) who reveals information that represents the New Republic's (Rebel Alliance's) only hope to destroy the First Order (Empire). Press play, #######s.

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, LeviF said:

The problem with the sequel trilogy isn't so much the protagonist (though Finn is the more natural protagonist than Rey) or even ruining Luke's character but the laziness that led to both of those decisions. Oh, Anakin wasn't the chosen one after all. Oh, look, Palpatine is actually not dead. Oh, the Empire wasn't actually defeated. Oh, Leia never went on to be a great stateswoman. Oh, no, Luke never really made it as a Jedi Master. Han is never redeemed from his criminal past. Let's just reset all of that so we can just hit rewind and run the same story as the original trilogy all over again. Junk collector (moisture farmer) from backwater planet Jakku (Tatooine) encounters a BB-8 (R2 unit) who reveals information that represents the New Republic's (Rebel Alliance's) only hope to destroy the First Order (Empire). Press play, #######s.

I thought the whole point of the sequel trilogy was to establish there actually is no chosen one. There's never a chosen one and the balance will always ebb and flow. It's all grey.

That's how they came up with the name Rey. They just took off the G.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, LeviF said:

I would have liked to see how things would have played out if all three movies were designed with the same vision in mind.  Johnson's movie may have worked without the Star Wars label, but you can't just try to reinvent everything  40 years after the fact right in the middle of a planned 3 part story.  Instead we were left with him tearing up everything Abrams started and then Abrams picked right back up as if that never happened. 

Me personally, I had no issue with the repetitive nature of that first movie.  It was fun.  They just dropped the ball big time following that up.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, shrader said:

I would have liked to see how things would have played out if all three movies were designed with the same vision in mind.  Johnson's movie may have worked without the Star Wars label, but you can't just try to reinvent everything  40 years after the fact right in the middle of a planned 3 part story.  Instead we were left with him tearing up everything Abrams started and then Abrams picked right back up as if that never happened. 

Me personally, I had no issue with the repetitive nature of that first movie.  It was fun.  They just dropped the ball big time following that up.

The biggest thing in hindsight was ruining Leia's exit. The sacrifice made by random what's-her-name purple-haired commander would've been the perfect ending for Leia. They seemed to lean into the strength of the female characters and had one of the strongest female characters in sci fi history on tap, yet chose some unknown new character for the big sacrifice...it had no weight.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

I liked Force Awakens, will stop and watch it if I see it while changing channels.  The other two, I don't think I've watched again since they first came out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/11/2023 at 11:33 PM, Just Jack said:

Return Of The Jedi will be back in theaters, for the 40th anniversary.  How many will go see it? 

SWCE 2023: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Will Be Back in Theaters for 40th Anniversary Celebration | StarWars.com

Article didn't seem to say, but anyone else know if this will be the special edition version from the 90s hitting the theaters?

I assume it probably will be as the originals seem to have been erased from existence. Though if somehow it was the original 1983 cut I would definitely go see it.

I didn't hate the changes to Empire but the other two were tough to stomach. That new CGI song and dance number in Jabba's palace and the new ending instead of the Ewok song.... 🤢🤮🤬

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The biggest thing in hindsight was ruining Leia's exit. The sacrifice made by random what's-her-name purple-haired commander would've been the perfect ending for Leia. They seemed to lean into the strength of the female characters and had one of the strongest female characters in sci fi history on tap, yet chose some unknown new character for the big sacrifice...it had no weight.

I would have given Ackbar that sacrifice.  But yeah, it needed to be someone established, not a brand new character who had maybe 15 minutes of screen time.

5 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Article didn't seem to say, but anyone else know if this will be the special edition version from the 90s hitting the theaters?

I assume it probably will be as the originals seem to have been erased from existence. Though if somehow it was the original 1983 cut I would definitely go see it.

I didn't hate the changes to Empire but the other two were tough to stomach. That new CGI song and dance number in Jabba's palace and the new ending instead of the Ewok song.... 🤢🤮🤬

Messing with John Williams music... what could possibly go wrong?🙄

• Agree 1

Not technically a show, but a clip showing Mark Hamill Himself explaining the Force to the actor doing the motion capture stuff for the Jedi: Survivor video game. “You’re not playin’ baseball!” 😄😆

So great to see MH involved in SW in doing the Mandalorian cameos, etc. after he had vocalized frustrations with how Luke was used in the sequels. I think at one point it was being reported that he was ‘done with SW.’ Here’s hoping the new people in charge — Dave Filoni has complete creative control as of ~ last year — continue to include him and use Luke wisely. Seeing him in the announced post-sequel ‘Rey rebuilds the order’ movie would be fantastic to give him better plot & writing to work with, if only as a Force ghost.

Edited by UConn James

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, UConn James said:

Not technically a show, but a clip showing Mark Hamill Himself explaining the Force to the actor doing the motion capture stuff for the Jedi: Survivor video game. “You’re not playin’ baseball!” 😄😆

So great to see MH involved in SW in doing the Mandalorian cameos, etc. after he had vocalized frustrations with how Luke was used in the sequels. I think at one point it was being reported that he was ‘done with SW.’ Here’s hoping the new people in charge — Dave Filoni has complete creative control as of ~ last year — continue to include him and use Luke wisely. Seeing him in the announced post-sequel ‘Rey rebuilds the order’ movie would be fantastic to give him better plot & writing to work with, if only as a Force ghost.

A powerful motivator money is...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, UConn James said:

i've never seen what the real Cal looks like...holy smokes it's spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, UConn James said:

It's fun seeing him and Mark Hamill together since they've got this and the Joker in common.

• 6 months later...