TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

Just now, Yantha said:

Should not have taken Addison......

This second round is ripe with WR options, and very thin with LB or OT options.....

Lesson learned for version 2.0 I hope?  I'd have rather reached on Campbell, or taken a chance on Dawand Jones.   Addison looking like a luxury pick at the moment, and imagine if Davis rebounds like I'm sure we can agree on that we hope he will.  "KC Playoff Davis" was not a fluke.

No to Campbell in the first. Still think Addison was a good choice. It's a bad class, but he is definitely a cut above the round two wrs, especially if you are waiting to 59. What this draft is really showing is that having an early and mid second might be better if you can make a couple of trades to make that happen.

• Sad 1

With the 57th selection, the New York Giants select DE  Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern.
The mad rush on offense has left a plethora of great defensive players on the board

Adetomiwa Adebawor the single freakiest athletes in NFL Combine history. His 4.49-second 40-yard dash is the fastest ever for a player 280-plus pounds by .16 seconds. That kind of explosiveness is worth betting on. 

The Cowboys @Might Rather are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cowboys (Might Rather) are on the clock
35 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Should not have taken Addison......

This second round is ripe with WR options, and very thin with LB or OT options.....

Lesson learned for version 2.0 I hope?  I'd have rather reached on Campbell, or taken a chance on Dawand Jones.   Addison looking like a luxury pick at the moment, and imagine if Davis rebounds like I'm sure we can agree on that we hope he will.  "KC Playoff Davis" was not a fluke.

Campbell all day...

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I will say this.  If we aren't halfway through round 3 by Friday, I will end this mock where it's at.  We have to start Mock 2.0 by Sunday

Good thing I traded all my picks from the bottom of the draft:lol:

On 1/20/2023 at 8:26 PM, YoloinOhio said:

With the 58th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Devon Achane, RB Texas A&M

He has blazing speed and is fearless as an inside runner, but is small (5' 8.5" & 188lbs) by NFL standards. Achane can be a complementary slasher with the ability to mismatch coverage out of the backfield or the slot and return kicks. 

TSW Bills are on the clock @Virgil

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock

This was not an easy poll to make.  Going off ESPN grades, there is not a lot of 2nd round grade players left.  In looking at this, I'm all about trading up with our 2nd pick to make sure we get our MLB and OT.  If that costs us a future pick, so be it.  

I will say this, the depth at DT is deep, so maybe a Oliver trade isn't out of the question

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

I do think that the new guards will help the line overall.

However, Brown really has been not good to average his first two years in the league. We currently have David Quessenbury as our swing tackle. I think it would be wise to draft a tackle early. Whether the rookie pushes Brown to the bench or Brown plays good enough to hold onto that spot, now your tackle position isn’t so thin and dependent on Spencer Brown taking a step in year 3.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I understand that sentiment and I like Tippmann for that, but they need to draft guys who are going to play. This isn't a build anymore, they should be shooting for a super bowl, and adding depth pieces just isn't doing that IMO. I know they will have to replace Morse, but I think it is rather low on the priority list. Again, JMO. 

@MrEpsYtown put it perfectly.  If Brown wins the job, the Bills have effectively wasted their 1st round pick.  As I said I am not completely against the idea if there is someone sticking out but I think a 3rd/4th round tackle would be a better use of resources.

Can you imagine the hand wringing if the 1st round pick doesn't start this year?  I think the Bills need to find contributors early.  It's why I like TE so much for the Bills. It's a strength in a weak class and the right guy can benefit the run and pass game instead of just one or the other.  If it isn't JSN or addison I don't really want any of the other WRs.  The tackle position I spoke about so I think the TE is a nice compromise of need and positional value. (especially if there is a small trade down!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

@MrEpsYtown put it perfectly.  If Brown wins the job, the Bills have effectively wasted their 1st round pick.  As I said I am not completely against the idea if there is someone sticking out but I think a 3rd/4th round tackle would be a better use of resources.

Can you imagine the hand wringing if the 1st round pick doesn't start this year?  I think the Bills need to find contributors early.  It's why I like TE so much for the Bills. It's a strength in a weak class and the right guy can benefit the run and pass game instead of just one or the other.  If it isn't JSN or addison I don't really want any of the other WRs.  The tackle position I spoke about so I think the TE is a nice compromise of need and positional value. (especially if there is a small trade down!)

You'll be fortunate to get Kincaid or Mayer at 27. You can't trade down if you are aiming at one of them. You could trade down for Washington most likely. I'd add LaPorta to those three as the best in the draft. I think they are all gone before 59, so you either take one in the first, trade back, or trade up from 59.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

The reason I'm banging my drum for an OT is that I assume they can also play Guard.  I don't know that both Guards we drafted are bonified upgrades and starters.  To me, upgrading the line means possibly a whole new line.  If we get an OT in the first two rounds, I expect them to be good enough to start and push one of our G or OT's out of a job.  

We need to look at it in a cut-throat manner because Josh and the run game needs to be much better supported than it has been.  I'd risk having too much quality on the line, because it makes our current RB, QB, TE, and WR's all better immediately.  That's a huge gain for one player selected on top of our FA gains

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

I mean when is the last first round pick we made that played a ton? Ed Oliver I guess? Rousseau and Elam both rotated and Elam was a healthy scratch at times.

Dawkins won’t be here forever probably not even in two years, Brown got Josh’s elbow jacked up last year. It’s a good time to get a talented tackle prospect in the building and let him be the starter at RT or swing tackle, OL get hurt. As for tight end, rookie tight ends take a while to develop as well, hard position to translate. And that would assume we would use 2 TE sets much more than we have recently. I think a mid round tight end that can block and catch a few passes fits more with the TE2 we are looking for. Schoonmaker who we just had in for a visit or Brenton Strange are good blockers in college and have some athleticism.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I understand that sentiment and I like Tippmann for that, but they need to draft guys who are going to play. This isn't a build anymore, they should be shooting for a super bowl, and adding depth pieces just isn't doing that IMO. I know they will have to replace Morse, but I think it is rather low on the priority list. Again, JMO. 

Ideally I’d like a guy who can come in with versatility enough to compete at OG and/or RT his rookie year but who will end up being the starting C. (Like Avila…)

Maybe they view Bates as the next C though, I dunno. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.