TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, I think the talk of a trade up rumors would be more in play for an offensive playmaker than any other position.  I think we can stay put at 27 and find some nice OL help, or maybe even trade down a tad too depending on who is left on the board of course.  

For example, if we stay put at 27, then with our emphasis on throwing the ball, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills select Anton Harrison at 27, assuming he is still on the board.  He has not been reported as a pre-draft visit, but also I am not so sure that matters.  

Interesting tid bit:  I went back each year and looked at the last updated NFL pre-draft visit tracker for the Bills, and the last time the Bills first pick came from someone on their known pre-draft visits was Ed Oliver in 2019.  At least on the lists I found leading up to the draft.  In 2020, it doesn't list AJE, in 2021 it doesn't list Groot or even Basham, and in 2022 it doesn't list Elam.  

If we do trade up, then I think its more likely for a playmaker like Bijan or whatever WR they covet.  I think the first 2 days of the draft are thinner at offensive playmakers than offensive line prospects.   

Agreed. People don’t do big trade ups for guard and right tackles. If it’s a trade up it has to either be some sort of offensive playmaker or an explosive edge player. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

With the 51st selection, The Miami Dolphins select Luke Musgrave TE, Oregon State

Reason: Trading down for more picks is an options, and if his medical checks out he can be another weapon to add to help out Tua at a position of need.  With the weapons on hand, the phins can be patient here, but again the unknown medical issues are the big IF...in my dream scenario the phins are fine with the pick

The Seahawks @section122l is on the clock

Coach right now...

fullchubb-ruxin.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I don’t disagree with overall sentiment here, I actually think OT Anton Harrison is going to go earlier than some people expect.  I personally think he’s going to go in the first round.  He is one of the best pass protecting tackles in the draft, probably second to only Skoronski.  

Two weeks ago I thought he was a first round lock. Now the things I am reading day he may need another year to get stronger before he will be a starter 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Two weeks ago I thought he was a first round lock. Now the things I am reading day he may need another year to get stronger before he will be a starter 

I still think he is going to be a first rounder, I don’t put too much into chatter leading up to the draft as teams try and get guys to slide to them.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I still think he is going to be a first rounder, I don’t put too much into chatter leading up to the draft as teams try and get guys to slide to them.  

Also Darnell Wright seems to have completely leapfrogged Harrison. Mel Kiper said he thinks the Bears may take wright at #9 overall 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

He probably goes in the first because athletic traits and size, but the problem with him is something you can’t fix…he’s soft. He’s Andre Dillard. I’m not a fan. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Seahawks (section122) are on the clock
19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Also Darnell Wright seems to have completely leapfrogged Harrison. Mel Kiper said he thinks the Bears may take wright at #9 overall 

Stupid is as stupid does. Have they learnt nothing from Teven Jenkins?

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That would mean two things:  Darnell leap frogged more than Anton and that Anton still has 23 picks to get chosen in the first round too.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That would mean two things:  Darnell leap frogged more than Anton and that Anton still has 23 picks to get chosen in the first round too.

My point was Harrison went from the consenus 4th OT off the board to the fifth. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

My point was Harrison went from the consenus 4th OT off the board to the fifth. 

If he’s the 9th pick he won’t be the 4th OT off the board.  I’m just saying, Anton still has a strong chance to go first round.  No guarantees of course, but I think Anton is going to earlier than some people think.  

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If he’s the 9th pick he won’t be the 4th OT off the board.  I’m just saying, Anton still has a strong chance to go first round.  No guarantees of course, but I think Anton is going to earlier than some people think.  

Sometimes its hard to explain things. I didn't say wright would be fourth of the board, I said Harrison went from consensus fourth to fith. Makes no difference whatsoever what order the other four go in, if the go before him. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Ravens (NeverOutNick) are on the clock

With the 52nd pick in the 2023 TSW NFL Mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Clemson DT Bryan Bresee

Baltimore does 2 things better than any other city Crab cakes and drafting defensive talent. Even with the departure of Calais Campbell, DT may not be an immediate need but with not much depth or many DTs signed long term, the Baltimore Ravens had no choice but to move up for the best remaining player in the draft. Bresee is an all world talent who has been plagued with injuries but the Ravens are looking at upside and feel he’s worth the long term risk to an already sick front that just picked up Lukas Van Ness in round one

@Alphadawg7 and the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock with pick 53…

wedding crashers comedy GIF

Edited by NeverOutNick
Spelling errors
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Titans (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
4 hours ago, Yantha said:

Just an FYI Chad Reuter just posted his mock on NFL.com....

Traded up to 20 for Edge Defender Nolan Smith....   I've seen numerous mocks with the Bills selecting DE.  Are all of us missing something or.....

I drafted Nolan Smith at 36 for the Bucs.

and if this happens and Smith turns out like the other DE Bean drafted Bean should be fired.   Would hate this pick.  Seems like he needs another year before contributing. Get a day 1 impact guy if trading up.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nolan-smith/3200534d-4953-6848-fd4d-2f73557d06ca

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 49th pick of Virgil's 2023 Mock Draft, the Pittsbugh Steelers select:

Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State

I actually can't believe he is still here. He is STICKING out by my board. The Steelers do need an upgrade on Levi Wallace at corner, but even if they didn't this is such a clear BPA by my board that I couldn't have passed him up.

I think he will sneak into the backend of the 1st round on draft night. 14 interceptions in his college career, 6 returned for touchdowns. He still needs to fill out into his frame a little, but he plays aggressive for his size and his length and ball skills are high end. I have now selected three of the top 20 players on my board and addressed three of the Steelers' real positions of need.

@NewEra and the LA Rams are now on the clock.

he was high on my Falcons list before I traded down.  A great pick for PIT who needs another CB. 

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 52nd pick in the 2023 TSW NFL Mock draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Clemson DT Bryan Bresee

Baltimore does 2 things better than any other city Crab cakes and drafting defensive talent. Even with the departure of Calais Campbell, DT may not be an immediate need but with not much depth or many DTs signed long term, the Baltimore Ravens had no choice but to move up for the best remaining player in the draft. Bresee is an all world talent who has been plagued with injuries but the Ravens are looking at upside and feel he’s worth the long term risk to an already sick front that just picked up Lukas Van Ness in round one

@Alphadawg7 and the Tennessee Titans are now on the clock with pick 53…

wedding crashers comedy GIF

Great value here. Dude could go in the top 20 and you got him at 52!

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.