TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

My point was Harrison went from the consenus 4th OT off the board to the fifth. 

Consensus according to the media.  Could be the nfl, but we won’t know anything for sure until the draft 

• Agree 2

With the 53rd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  WR, JOSH DOWNS, NORTH CAROLINA CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are excited to see one of our top targets Downs still on the board and can't wait to see him on the field along side guys like Burks and Bijan. Downs is the definition of shifty with his incredible ability to change direction and explode with ease.  Having him on this team will allow us to attack various levels of the defense and add an explosive dimension our offense has needed.  He is smaller in size, but plays bigger than he looks and we feel even plays the ball better than some of the bigger receivers in the draft.  He has a very impressive contested catch rate to go along with his excellent overall catch rate.  

Round 1, Pick 11:  Drafted RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas (Derrick Henry traded to Chicago for pick 53)

Round 2, Pick 41:  Drafted O,T Anton Harrison, Oklahoma

Round 2, Pick 53 (from Chicago):  Drafted WR, Josh Downs, North Carolina 

Round 3, Pick 72:  TBD

@CNYfan and the Chargers are now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 6

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chargers (CNYfan) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I don't know why it takes 3 hours to make one's mock pick?

I was painting my baby nursery for my first born baby due in 6 weeks, thats why.  I was in this thread and on this board all day waiting for my pick to come up but it didn't happen and couldn't put off painting any longer.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was painting my baby nursery for my first born baby due in 6 weeks, thats why.  I was in this thread and on this board all day waiting for my pick to come up but it didn't happen and couldn't put off painting any longer.  

How dare you have a life?!   

You’re already making that baby soft.  Should’ve had him/her paint it themselves

Congrats btw 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am still high on Shakir and still believe in his potential...but not gonna lie, it would be hard not to get excited of the thought of Josh Downs paired with Allen in this offense.  He is like if Diggs and Beasley had a baby.  He plays much bigger than his size and plays the ball so well down field like Diggs does.  And his footwork and route running underneath and the way he changes direction with ease reminds me of what made Beasley so good.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This mock is looking increasingly like it's going to be a DT consideration in round 2 for the Bills.  I wasn't expecting that going in!

...unless of course you want a pass rusher.  Lot's of those on the board....

Edited by Yantha

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

This mock is looking increasingly like it's going to be a DT consideration in round 2 for the Bills.  I wasn't expecting that going in!

...unless of course you want a pass rusher.  Lot's of those on the board....

Delete your account and never post on a Bills board again.  I can’t have you spreading this kind of sickness around here 

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am still high on Shakir and still believe in his potential...but not gonna lie, it would be hard not to get excited of the thought of Josh Downs paired with Allen in this offense.  He is like if Diggs and Beasley had a baby.  He plays much bigger than his size and plays the ball so well down field like Diggs does.  And his footwork and route running underneath and the way he changes direction with ease reminds me of what made Beasley so good.  

I think Beasley has an unteachable gift of knowing how to sneakily drift into space.  Beasley had eyes on both sides of his head.  One eye kept an eye on Josh to see when he needed help, and the other was on the drifting zone of the defense. 

If there were a guy in a draft that could do that, any only produce on 3rd downs, I’d take him in a heartbeat 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Delete your account and never post on a Bills board again.  I can’t have you spreading this kind of sickness around here 

LOL don't kill the messenger!  The board speaks! haha...  Henley or Wypler would be nice but (crap I just jinxed it).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I don't know why it takes 3 hours to make one's mock pick?

I think you can follow NFL rules where if the pick doesn't come in the allotted time (in this case, 4 hours), you can go ahead with your pick. The team passed over can still submit their pick as well. It's whoever posts here first get the pick. [I would prefer it if teams here had less time in the second round to submit their picks, like 3 hours, and even less in the third round, but I understand people here have lives, so they can't always be here to monitor the thread.]

[Also, the team picking before Buffalo in every round here gets 8 hours actually, not 4. This is because the Buffalo poll must last 4 hours. Therefore, if the team before Buffalo misses their pick in the 4 hours, they still can submit it in the next 4 hours before the poll is finished.]

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Congrats man. It’s the best thing ever. Enjoy every moment. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

How dare you have a life?!   

You’re already making that baby soft.  Should’ve had him/her paint it themselves

Congrats btw 

29 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Congrats man. It’s the best thing ever. Enjoy every moment. 

Thanks gents!  Yeah it’s crazy having my first at 46, but super excited.  My wife wants 2, so gonna go for a second right after cuz even though she is young enough to wait (she’s 28) I don’t want to be popping kids out at like 50 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks gents!  Yeah it’s crazy having my first at 46, but super excited.  My wife wants 2, so gonna go for a second right after cuz even though she is young enough to wait (she’s 28) I don’t want to be popping kids out at like 50 😂

You’re going to be the old guy at parent teacher conferences, but its all good. You get to impart wisdom. 

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You’re going to be the old guy at parent teacher conferences, but its all good. You get to impart wisdom. 

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My dad had a child with his third wife at 57. He retired at 62, and not only collected Social Security for himself, but for his child AND his wife (who was only 42 and still working) since the SSA considers her the child's caretaker and will pay her benefits too. So my point is, it's not a bad thing to be an older father! I don't think 46 is too old.

Also, your wife is still young, and women have a better chance of bearing a healthier baby and having less complications themselves if they give birth while still in the 20's. So, 28 is a perfect age.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Luckily I look more like 36 than 46 haha, although we will see how long that lasts though chasing some kids around haha

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have had my house renovated the first quarter of this year, but I have had to decorate myself as the budget was kinda blown. I feel like all I have done the last 3 or 4 weekends is paint. It is ***** harder than it looks as well. One day doing ceilings and my hamstrings were screaming at me the next 3 days from all the stretching. I basically couldn't walk!

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm back by my board now... I have nine second round grades and two 2nd/3rd borderline grades left. 

The positional breakdown is:

2 WR

1 IOL (and full disclosure it is Vorhees who has a huge injury asterisk, he won't play as a rookie)

1 DT

2 EDGE

1 LB

4 CB

The Bills are now 6 picks away and I am down to:

1 WR - @Alphadawg7 took Downs who was my last true 2nd round receiver. Have a 2nd/3rd borderline guy still in play.

1 IOL - who will miss his entire rookie year with an ACL

0 DT - @NeverOutNick took Bresse.

2 EDGE 

1 LB

3 CB - I took Forbes

If we are starting from the premise that corner is off the list for the Bills given they have White, Elam, Jackson, Taron Johnson and Benford then it starts to look thin as a list of options. 

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills are now 6 picks away and I am down to:

1 WR - @Alphadawg7 took Downs who was my last true 2nd round receiver. Have a 2nd/3rd borderline guy still in play.

1 IOL - who will miss his entire rookie year with an ACL

0 DT - @NeverOutNick took Bresse.

2 EDGE 

1 LB

3 CB - I took Forbes

If we are starting from the premise that corner is off the list for the Bills given they have White, Elam, Jackson, Taron Johnson and Benford then it starts to look thin as a list of options. 

I think if we stayed put at 27 and took Addison and then Jack Campbell and Trenton Simpson went 31 and 32 - he'd have moved up to take Drew Sanders by the time he went at 44.

At this point, with all 3 of those gone, if you have 1 LB left with a 2nd Round grade, that should be the pick if they're still on the board.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think if we stayed out at 27 and took Addison and then Jack Campbell and Trenton Simpson went 31 and 32 - he'd have moved up to take Drew Sanders by the time he went at 44.

At this point, with all 3 of those gone, if you have 1 LB left with a 2nd Round grade, that should be the pick if they're still on the board.

Equally play it the other way...  we take a LBer at #27.... you get here now it is thin at receiver in terms of 2nd round talent (though there probably is more depth at that spot into rounds 3 and 4 than there is at LB). It is why my ideal is trade back 5 or 6 spots from #27 and then up 9 or 10 spots from #59. If they ended up with say #33 and #48.... then they are in striking distance to address receiver and linebacker. 

I'd like them to pick OL early too but my gut instinct is they will not go OL in the first two rounds unless someone massively falls to them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.