TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Quick, everybody I've still got 2024 and 2025 1st rounders! GET AT ME!!!

image.png.366fcf7edc7a105c8ce07db720b228a2.png

All you

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....not trying to upset the cart or rock the boat.....but just wondering why this doesn't just go all 7 rounds and allow for the trades etc that goes with it?

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cos at the pace of the last 24 hours we would finish just in time for the 2024 Draft.

You also wind up really deep diving on prospects at that point, which might be a fun exercise but may also be super difficult for most of us. Virgil usually runs more than one of these though. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

image.png.366fcf7edc7a105c8ce07db720b228a2.png

All you

You also wind up really deep diving on prospects at that point, which might be a fun exercise but may also be super difficult for most of us. Virgil usually runs more than one of these though. 

Yea I am on 133 players where I have watched enough to grade and put them on the board. Probably another 20 or 30 that I have an indicative grade on but haven't done enough work to have them on the board. 

The last two years I have ended up with 140ish boarded and I think there were 4 left as UDFAs among those last year. Averages about 6. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I am on 133 players where I have watched enough to grade and put them on the board. Probably another 20 or 30 that I have an indicative grade on but haven't done enough work to have them on the board. 

The last two years I have ended up with 140ish boarded and I think there were 4 left as UDFAs among those last year. Averages about 6. 

There are probably only a handful of guys who can do that deep dive. I know I can't. Then it's just throwing names up. I like the current format. 

• Agree 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Doc Brown) are on the clock!!!

So right now with the Packers on the clock, Bills are 15 picks away.

My top 15 players on my big board have the following positional breakdown:

5 DTs

3 OTs

1 LBs

2 IOLs

4 Safeties

Considering that OT and LB are arguably the bigger need... I'm staring down only 4 preferred prospects at positions of greater need..  Fingers crossed.....

Going BPA outside of bigger need, I can add a handful of TEs / RBs....  

Thinking that Addison was a luxury pick considering the value in round 2 at the WR position (Downs, Dell, Wilson, Rice, Perry, Tillman - at least 1 of these 6 could be available in round two for the Bills).  

Jack Campbell + Tillman would be great, for example.

Addison + ?????  is the question.

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

So right now with the Packers on the clock, Bills are 15 picks away.

My top 15 players on my big board have the following positional breakdown:

5 DTs

3 OTs

1 LBs

2 IOLs

4 Safeties

Considering that OT and LB are arguably the bigger need... I'm staring down only 4 preferred prospects at positions of greater need..  Fingers crossed.....

Going BPA outside of bigger need, I can add a handful of TEs / RBs....  

Thinking that Addison was a luxury pick considering the value in round 2 at the WR position (Downs, Dell, Wilson, Rice, Perry, Tillman - at least 1 of these 6 could be available in round two for the Bills).  

Jack Campbell + Tillman would be great, for example.

Addison + ?????  is the question.

I haven't got my board infront of me atm... in the pub. But I think it looks quite different. Round 3 is my DT bulk for a start. I think I have fewer than 15 second round grades left.

Edited by GunnerBill

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't got my board infront of me atm... in the pub. But I think it looks quite different. Round 3 is my DT bulk for a start. I think I have fewer than 15 second round grades yet.

Just past 10 am here and I wish I was at the pub.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't got my board infront of me atm... in the pub. But I think it looks quite different. Round 3 is my DT bulk for a start. I think I have fewer than 15 second round grades left.

I agree that quite a few of my DTs have third round grades as well, but I've got them in round 2 due to "need".  This draft has a LOT of WRs, cornerbacks and edge rushers in round 2 grades but since I'm leaving them out of round 2 for this mock (since we drafted Addison), it pulls up some 3rd round graded prospects (like OT Morris, Oklahoma, and S Jammie Robinson, Florida State).  Some of my guys would be reaches admittedly.  

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

....not trying to upset the cart or rock the boat.....but just wondering why this doesn't just go all 7 rounds and allow for the trades etc that goes with it?

Becasue we have 2 more mocks scheduled before the draft.  Drafting players that the majority of the board knows rather than having 90% players selected in rd 4-7 being unknown to the most.  I don’t think anyone sees much fun in that and it’s a lot of work for virgil (moderating trades and keeping the board updated).

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

What are you specifically drinking in the pub?

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm not a fan of this draft.  All the other teams are allowed to trade both up and down freely.  Because of the poll, Bills can only trade down.  Bills should have traded up in Round 2 to draft Sanders at LB.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm not a fan of this draft.  All the other teams are allowed to trade both up and down freely.  Because of the poll, Bills can only trade down.  Bills should have traded up in Round 2 to draft Sanders at LB.

I mean it’s version one.  Virgil has a lot to manage, having everyone wanting to propose trade options at the Bills through an entire round that would require a poll to pass would take forever.    And this draft is already taking too long.  

And not everyone likes Sanders enough to trade up for him, so you don’t even know if the vote would have passed anyway.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am drinking Bira Moretti right now. Bit of a bank holiday pub crawl with the other half. 

@Virgil - Doc must be close to his 4 hours, right?

nice- never had it but I’ve seen it at Total Wine before.  I like the labeling. Random

46 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Much too slow.

This is too slow yes.  

It's Easter weekend so there's family gatherings etc, but I think it's on the participants to know roughly when they'll pick and make somewhat of an effort to be available.  Can't leave the draft hanging for 2 hours just because.

Easy to step away for a quick check in once in a while.

• Sad 1

With the 46th selection the Cardinals select Steve Avilia, G, TCU

We need to make protecting our midget a priority and we had Cody Ford starting at guard last year.  Avilia also has positional flexibility to hike it to our midget if need be.  

The Commanders @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Yantha said:

This is too slow yes.  

It's Easter weekend so there's family gatherings etc, but I think it's on the participants to know roughly when they'll pick and make somewhat of an effort to be available.  Can't leave the draft hanging for 2 hours just because.

Easy to step away for a quick check in once in a while.

This is the way it is every year. People have other stuff going on, Virgil does the best he can, plus this year is extra tough with doing it on Easter.

Everyone chill. It's just for fun.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 46th selection the Cardinals select Steve Avilia, G, TCU

We need to make protecting our midget a priority and we had Cody Ford starting at guard last year.  Avilia also has positional flexibility to hike it to our midget if need be.  

The Commanders @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

In the words of the Black Crowes, I'm jealous again. Another IOL off the board before we pick.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.