Transsurrection in TN, MT, TX, IA: All the documented events that aren't happening.

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

This is a pretty concrete statement in regards to transexuals. I am pointing out that criminal actions such as those in Nashville can be due to a variety of mental disorders not to include the supposed one of being transexual alone.  In short, I don't believe all transexuals are mentally ill.  Do I need to diagram that?   Will it help?

I was considering pulling an @sherpaand pretending I didn't understand you.  And in fact, I'm not sure I do.

ok this is getting somewhere. inch by inch.

so you dont think that people who think they are a different gender and "in the wrong body" are suffering from a mental illness? how do you differentiate then? because i gave alternate examples from the very first reply you jumped all over of other "concrete" mental disorders we all agree on..i think. anorexia schizophrenia and even asked for your examples of any other one that requires society to play along with the dillusion and introduced to small children as a effective treatment. thats what was being asked.

not sure why you decided on lumping the violence in as a whole of the transgender community. i certainly did not even mention or imply that in any of my replies. so i guess i should have known you pull a argument out of thin air, shove it into the topic and wonder why i will not address and frankly confused by what your argument was for except to deflect from my points. if your going to do that then yes....you should draw diagrams.

ps there is the hawk emoji i was waiting for.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I love this, SoCal…But I’m gonna take it a step further…

I’m a man, and I couldn’t tell someone what it feels to be a man!

And why?

Because it’s all I’ve ever been- I have nothing to compare it to…

Furthermore, there is a whole spectrum of men that range from being very similar to me, to being very different…I only represent one kind of man in world that includes an endless array of males…

So, if, as a man, I couldn’t begin to tell you what it feels like to be a man, based on all of this, it is quite preposterous for a man to think he feels like a woman…👍

You ever play the game where you imagine that there’s nothing behind you but pure darkness and void? No matter how fast you turn around you still can’t see that there’s nothing there. This entire topic is very much like that. Sheer nonsense. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You ever play the game where you imagine that there’s nothing behind you but pure darkness and void? No matter how fast you turn around you still can’t see that there’s nothing there. This entire topic is very much like that. Sheer nonsense. 

Lol…You really had me wondering for a moment…👍

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is about the left stepping up with consistent principles.

Where are the leftists calling for all those activists who interrupted an official proceeding in a state legislature to be jailed and held for months and years without a trial?

Still waiting. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Lot of Christian victim cards being pulled out here. 

Also, why is it that it's perfectly acceptable to indoctrinate your children into religion including those that teach that people that think and believe different than you will suffer in Hell for eternity? And that it's righteous for that to happen and for you to turn a cold shoulder to even the ones you love including family and friends if it happens to them? But it's wrong to indoctrinate your kids in to believing other ideologies such as sexual or gender?

Personally I don't think we should be indoctrinating kids into either or any of that stuff, but I struggle to understand how people who believe one is fine and the other isn't at all hypocritical?

Well one is the state religion that by default is taught to children in schools and enforced by the federal government, teaching people that blasphemy should be punished by complete social and economic shunning, to include having their families disown the blasphemer. 

And the other is Christianity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

This topic is about the left stepping up with consistent principles.

Where are the leftists calling for all those activists who interrupted an official proceeding in a state legislature to be jailed and held for months and years without a trial?

Still waiting. 

They should be.  Has anyone said they should not?  Lock them up.

I have stayed away from this part of the board because of all the nonsense that goes on here.  But I have to chime in on this topic.  There is an increasing body of evidence indicating that there are biological factors that underlie transgenderism.  An old colleague at the Medical College of Georgia has published data showing 21 gene variants in estrogen signaling pathways in the brain in transgender individuals.  Interestingly estrogen signaling in male fetuses and early post-birth is needed to masculinization the brain.  Improper signaling can lead to gender and sex of the individual being discordant.  The reference is Scientific Reports 9: 10.1038/s41598-019-53500-y. 

There are other studies suggesting anatomic and genetic differences in the brain of transgender individuals.  So it appears that it may not be a behavioral or psychological situation, but simply who the person is biologically.  So since we don’t castigate folks for their innate biology for other things, let’s put a lid on transgender bashing.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I have stayed away from this part of the board because of all the nonsense that goes on here.  But I have to chime in on this topic.  There is an increasing body of evidence indicating that there are biological factors that underlie transgenderism.  An old colleague at the Medical College of Georgia has published data showing 21 gene variants in estrogen signaling pathways in the brain in transgender individuals.  Interestingly estrogen signaling in male fetuses and early post-birth is needed to masculinization the brain.  Improper signaling can lead to gender and sex of the individual being discordant.  The reference is Scientific Reports 9: 10.1038/s41598-019-53500-y. 

There are other studies suggesting anatomic and genetic differences in the brain of transgender individuals.  So it appears that it may not be a behavioral or psychological situation, but simply who the person is biologically.  So since we don’t castigate folks for their innate biology for other things, let’s put a lid on transgender bashing.

Do you believe stating transgenderism is a form of mental illness is bashing them? Would it be bashing a borderline personality disorder person to state they are mentally ill? Telling a person who is delusional that they are correct is not nice and compassionate, it is cruel. Telling a short kid he can be an NBA center is not kind, help him learn guard skills so he can have a chance to play in the NBA is kind, don't feed the delusion. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

This is interesting stuff.  From what you've summarized, there certainly seems to be a genetic component.  That, however, doesn't necessarily hold in all cases.  So genetic testing, if widely available could help identify those that are unlikely to regret gender changing surgery.  Sounds like this is in its infancy and it might be a while til that is ready.  btw, you are wise to avoid this forum especially if you are drawn to argument.  It's a rough but addictive.

Edited by redtail hawk

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This is interesting stuff.  From what you've summarized, there certainly seems to be a genetic component.  That, however, doesn't necessarily hold in all cases.  So genetic testing, if widely available could help identify those that are unlikely to regret gender changing surgery.  Sounds like this is in its infancy and it might be a while til that is ready.  btw, you are wise to avoid this forum especially if you are drawn to argument.  It's a rough but addictive.

So a point in the future where one took a blood test and knew if it was actual, or a social construct?  It is interesting. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There's little doubt in my mind that there is a strong biological component to classical gender dysphoria. Which previously, if memory serves accounted for around 2% or less of the population.  So thanks for the info.

That however doesn't account for the sudden massive rise of people who identify as trans in recent years.  The biological angle also doesn't explain the sudden widespread rejection of the bedrock biological principles of what defines male and female.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-mind-and-brain/201811/why-is-transgender-identity-the-rise-among-teens

It is clear from Littman’s study that the rise of rapid-onset gender dysphoria, which seems to predominantly involve natal females, points to a complex web of social pressures, changing cultural norms, and new modes of distress and coping that warrant further investigation. For parents, educators, and clinicians alike, caution is warranted in dealing with this growing phenomenon.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I just saw the video of the Tennessee legislature. How in the F$&K is that in ANY way different than the footage on January 6th? Geeez! 

Because Trump of course!

Once they can find a way to crowbar his involvement then it will become criminal.

Edited by BillsFanNC

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I just saw the video of the Tennessee legislature. How in the F$&K is that in ANY way different than the footage on January 6th? Geeez! 

They are on the same side as the regime. They have massive cover given to them by the judiciary, media, and the White House. In essence, they have more rights than trump voters. 

• Thank you (+1) 2