Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is the right decision but I am sad to see Isaiah go. Cool guy and I think he contributed positively while he was here after we picked him up off waivers. We never gave him any sort of big deal. He played in line with what he was. We need better to win a championship but I wish him luck in the future. 

I can’t disagree but where is that “better” coming from, ask I

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The release was warranted, but this regime really takes a long time to fall out of love with a guy. I’m not sure what they didn’t see in McKenzie last year that he showed in previous years. I held my breath every time he touched the ball while here. 

Look how long it took them to identify Peterman as terrible. This time wasted also wastes other opportunities with new players. This philosophy ranks right up there with coddling most rookies.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watch the FA recap cover1 did yesterday.  Good dialog and film review.  He’s better than you think and I’m confidant that the Bills will use him as more than a gadget guy

5'6" 170? Two IR ending seasons... I hope not.

I've yelled at teenagers to get off my lawn that are bigger than him.

I'm hoping he is PR/KR and Hines gets more play in the offense.

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Plus, one of the reasons Josh caught flak for being a red zone turnover machine was hitting McK in the chest with a pass only for it to become an INT.  I love him and am sad to see him go, but he developed a slight habit of failing in the clutch.

Now you’re just making ***** up.  That happened with Beasley, by the way.  Josh improvised a pitch to McK that wasn’t in the play, and that’s never been one of the picks Josh was criticized for.  

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

5'6" 170? Two IR ending seasons... I hope not.

I've yelled at teenagers to get off my lawn that are bigger than him.

I'm hoping he is PR/KR and Hines gets more play in the offense.

That’s unlikely to be what happens imo.

Harty is a fumble machine on special teams but never on offense.  

agree to disagree.  We shall seen soon! 👊🏻 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That’s unlikely to be what happens imo.

Harty is a fumble machine on special teams but never on offense.  

agree to disagree.  We shall seen soon! 👊🏻 

At the moment, pre draft, who do you see as WR3?

I still think WR3 and OL are the biggest needs on offense.

As much as I liked Lil Dirty, he was not the answer.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now you’re just making ***** up.  That happened with Beasley, by the way.  Josh improvised a pitch to McK that wasn’t in the play, and that’s never been one of the picks Josh was criticized for.  

https://www.nfl.com/videos/isaiah-mckenzie-s-bobble-turns-into-interception-by-terrell-lewis

Ok it was outside the 20, but please do try to know what you're talking about when vehemently trying to correct someone.

*edit*

Also, Josh gets criticized for EVERYTHING regardless of it's his fault or not.  The narrative for half the season was Josh's INTs in scoring range, including to Isaiah.

Edited by 1ManRaid

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Loved him as a person and locker room guy and will always remember that Patriots game.

A few unforgivable dropped passes, a few unforgivable dropped returns, and just not enough of a consistent impact.

We're all rooting for him and hoping for the best, but this move made a lot of sense. 

Was just going to mention that Pats game. He shined in a few games,  just way to inconsistent and Shakir is just more talented and cheaper. No surprise because the bonus he would've received. 

I hope he goes to the NFC so I can root for him heavy or we bring him back cheaper.

Great dude, naturally very funny and down to earth based on his videos and meeting him at his restaurant last off season.  

I was with 3 of my boys, 2 Jest fans and 1 Giant fan. He was busting their chops and had great vibes and energy. He said if I had any Bills gear at the hotel, to come back in 2 days and he'd sign it. Unfortunately I didn't . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Btw this looks like we are going to get a WR somehow very soon. I doubt we are going to enter the draft with just 4 NFL receivers on the roster.

I hope you’re right.  It wouldnt entirely shock me if we used McK cap $$ to re-sign Kumerow or Taiwan Jones.  Mind you I’m not suggesting this nor is it what I’d like to see

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

What are then odds that they sign him back to the roster at a lower price?

Just got off the phone with Beane, he's definitely willing to entertain re signing him at the right price

Was trying to get more info about McKenzie and the WR position in general but he had to run to a High Level business meeting 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:05 AM, BrooklynBills said:

Cutting McKenzie saves 2.7M.

For perspective, Connor McGovern's YR1 cap hit is 3.6M. McKenzie's role is already filled by players on the team so that savings will towards a different position or towards signing a better WR.

Just can't see him coming back after they basically signed guys off the couch to replace him last year.

I agree about this.  With Shakir and Harty, they have the slot covered.  With Hines and Harty, they have the gadgets covered.  They have the return game covered.  There just isn't a lot of reason to spend additional dollars on the slot, or on receivers in general.   If the Bills get a great wideout in the first round, fine, but it isn't essential. 

As for McKenzie, I'm not sorry to see him go.   He never became what the Bills need him to become.   He has talent, he worked hard, and he made some plays, but he never became a major threat in any part of the game.  He was replaceable, and the Bills now have replaced him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure either… but fans acting like Beanes hands are tied/there is nothing he can do are just making excuses for him… If they want a dynamic WR opposite Diggs they can make it happen, I just don’t think it’s a priority for them. 

I know you are big time in the Jeudy/ OBJ/ Hopkins or bust camp. It is a popular trend here.

I will agree with you that the top end talent in this draft is meh.

Few if any identifiable future WR1 in this draft.

I know my thoughts on D Hop are well known on this board. Same with OBJ.

What exactly has Jeudy done in this league to make you think he is the boom or bust answer to WR?

If Denver wanted a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year, I would consider that.

But a 1st and a second and other considerations? No way.

Not with the holes/ contracts/ age on this team.

I'd rather trade down the 1st for a 2nd and 3/4th than blow 2 high picks on Jeudy.

If that happened, and the higher 2nd could be traded, draft day for him, yeah, I would consider that too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.