KC - Frank Clark Released / Chiefs not expected to Tag Orlando Brown

ColoradoBills

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s rough. I don’t think KC makes it to the SB without Clark. He was huge in the Cincy game. 

@Zerovoltzhad a good reply.  I think most people don't understand where I personally am coming from.

I think the Chiefs are handling the cap (which is real) in a pretty good way the last few years.  They are moving prominent guys in and out at what

appears to be the right pace (and time).  Something Bills fans will need to get used to.  They also are taking advantage of their success to bring

in some players that a trying to use them to get bigger contracts.  The Juju move last year was real good.  Not sure if they re-sign him.

All these things I watch with some interest.

After some of my discussions earlier today, let me end with this.

The Chiefs (unfortunately) seem to have a good system.  Beane no doubt is watching them closely.

Teams Beane shouldn't be watching are teams like the Saints.  They are flailing like two girls fighting in the school yard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

@Zerovoltzhad a good reply.  I think most people don't understand where I personally am coming from.

I think the Chiefs are handling the cap (which is real) in a pretty good way the last few years.  They are moving prominent guys in and out at what

appears to be the right pace (and time).  Something Bills fans will need to get used to.  They also are taking advantage of their success to bring

in some players that a trying to use them to get bigger contracts.  The Juju move last year was real good.  Not sure if they re-sign him.

The Chiefs (unfortunately) seem to have a good system.  Beane no doubt is watching them closely.

Teams Beane shouldn't be watching are teams like the Saints.  They are flailing like two girls fighting in the school yard.

I don't want to say 100 percent NO, but I beleive they are content to let JuJu move on...they have MVS under contract for 2 more seasons and I THINK...just my opinion, speculation ,that they feel like they could bring in another similar player to JuJu on a similar deal and get that same production.  Nothing against JuJu...he was fine whille he was here...he's going to make some money and for the rest of his life, he is a super bowl champion...not bad.  KC just doesn't need to pay him...he's not special is all.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

He was cut because he didnt want to restructure 

He was on his last year of his contract.  He no doubt wanted longer terms that KC was unwilling to give.

KC is probably smart just saying let's part ways instead of having a disgruntled player on his last year.

Sometimes trying to get a trade is not worth it.  They may get a comp pick for him next draft anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

Side note but the bill is going to come due in Cincinnati too. And their owner is still a renowned cheapskate. 

The have yet to pay Burrow, Chase, Higgins. They are set maybe lose Mixon and maybe Perine. They have Hendrickson for 2 more years, Dj Reader for 1. Tyler Boyd, Awuzie, Collins have 1 more year. They are set to lose Germaine Pratt, Von Bell, Jessie Bates this year and Logan Wilson is a free agent after next year. They have to decide what to do with Jonah Williams.

Their window is probably this year and maybe next. 

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

I don't want to say 100 percent NO, but I beleive they are content to let JuJu move on...they have MVS under contract for 2 more seasons and I THINK...just my opinion, speculation ,that they feel like they could bring in another similar player to JuJu on a similar deal and get that same production.  Nothing against JuJu...he was fine whille he was here...he's going to make some money and for the rest of his life, he is a super bowl champion...not bad.  KC just doesn't need to pay him...he's not special is all.

My interest in all this (along with the Tyreek Hill trade) is some speculation on my part, but I'll say it.

It seems to me they a following a bit of the Pats* scheme with Brady.  Role the higher priced WR out and bring in the ring hunters or guys

looking to put up number for a bigger contract.  With Mahomes (and I personally believe Allen), this is not a bad thing to consider.

Don't pay RBs big money and have a game changing TE.  Put a decent line in front of your "elite" QB and let him play.

FWIW.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

My interest in all this (along with the Tyreek Hill trade) is some speculation on my part, but I'll say it.

It seems to me they a following a bit of the Pats* scheme with Brady.  Role the higher priced WR out and bring in the ring hunters or guys

looking to put up number for a bigger contract.  With Mahomes (and I personally believe Allen), this is not a bad thing to consider.

Don't pay RBs big money and have a game changing TE.  Put a decent line in front of your "elite" QB and let him play.

FWIW.

I completely agree!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Clark is officially in the Jerry Hughes/Justin Houston/Melvin Ingram stage of his career............that's $5M for one year level........not anywhere close to the $21M.

Speaking of Houston........wouldn't be surprised to see him return to KC.

Thats why they should bring Jerry back for 1 last year at a very good contract & he could retire a Bill - his stats last year 9 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 35 Tackles that would be welcome on the Defense plus for a small contract . 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yup. I was speaking to the realities of the business side of the NFL. Cold blooded move. Of course we knew KC had the wherewithal to operate that way after the Tyreek trade. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup. I was speaking to the realities of the business side of the NFL. Cold blooded move. Of course we knew KC had the wherewithal to operate that way after the Tyreek trade. 

I can see that from one perspective it's "cold blooded" BUT in a way I'm sure Frank Clark (who is still 29) is glad he is now able to find a team

he feels comfortable with (instead of being traded to one he doesn't) and gets one more good-paying contract.

I for one do not believe this bull that he has "lost his game" and is done in the NFL.  They mutually parted ways due to both having different objectives.

47 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s rough. I don’t think KC makes it to the SB without Clark. He was huge in the Cincy game. 

He really had a great playoff- again.  I think he has 13.5 sacks in something like 17 or so playoff games!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, T master said:

Thats why they should bring Jerry back for 1 last year at a very good contract & he could retire a Bill - his stats last year 9 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT, 35 Tackles that would be welcome on the Defense plus for a small contract . 

Houston has him on a favorable deal in 2023.........and Houston is home for him so I don't think he's going anywhere.

• Agree 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Houston has him on a favorable deal in 2023.........and Houston is home for him so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Oh got you I didn't know he had a multi year deal . I just always liked Jerry & thought he was actually playing good but there wasn't any body else to really worry about but with him on one side & Von on the other it could be like when he played opposite Mario . By getting 9 sacks it says he's not terrible that's 1 better than Groot last season .

I know it's a pipe dream but he gave the Bills a lot of good years i'd like to see him win some with this team seeing as he gave so much to it in the time he was here .

• Like (+1) 1

It's interesting - I actually think the team that won the SB this past year was the weakest of their "dynasty" era.  

But the stars aligned at the right time for them.  Of course, they'll continue to be a force - but I'm more worried about Cincy this coming season, and even a team like the Jets if they get a good QB.  

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Every team has issues with cap.  Even the SB winners.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chiefs-frank-clark-expected-to-be-released-by-chiefs/

Heard the Orland Brown news on NFLN.

And Chris Jones wants to be at least the 2nd highest DT in the NFL.

https://nfltraderumors.co/chris-jones-seeking-to-be-no-2-highest-paid-dt/

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am excited to see what they do....it will be hard to put 2 new guys in worse than the 2 they are moving on from at OT

You mean they didn't have the best O-line in the NFL?

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

We read that a lot here last year about Tyreek Hill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.